[Main Thread] Latin America - Connection Issues (Can't Connect/Disconnections/Latency)

Hello, I have the same issue, it only happens at night though, and also when I try to add someone as a friend the game crashes and I have to restart.

Having same issues since outland came out. It takes 4/5 attempts to log in, and the succesful login itself takes around 5 minutes. Way more than it took last week.

Please fix, and stop spamming old instructions. This is an entirely new issue.

Hi there, I could fix it deleting blizard entertainment and blizzard folders from %local data% and battle.net with blizzard in %program data% but I have to repeat the process every time I try to log in

I have the same issue, none of the fixes on that article worked out though.

1 Like

Also stuck at the title screen.
Have tried every single piece of advice in here.

Strange thing is, I can play just fine on any service, except my main one, EU (the one with my collection).

None of them work, you guys are giving the same lame answer to everybody. Customer should not fix the store’s problems

Hey y’all,

Just wanted to provide a bit more insight into this. As far as we can tell, the majority of you are having problems with backbone providers between your houses and our servers.

As I mentioned in another similar thread (a similar issue is happening in Southeast Asia right now) - there are currently mass quarantines around the world due to the Coronavirus, and as a result, internet infrastructure is strained. More people are working from home, and more people staying home and just using the internet to do things like stream, download games, etc. Because the internet itself is struggling all around the globe, many Internet Service Providers are throttling connections to certain services so that important industries can ensure that they have a good connection to their businesses. In other situations, some of the internet providers just don’t have enough bandwidth for everybody during peak hours, causing further issues.

The easiest way to test to see if this is the problem you’re having is to try on a different network. What I’ve been recommending to people who have problems like this is to test by installing a Virtual Private Network (VPN). We don’t directly support VPNs, because we don’t make any ourselves. However, if you install a VPN, connect to the VPN, and the problem goes away, then you know that the problem is an Internet Service Provider issue. Unfortunately at this time, there’s not a lot that Internet Service Providers can do right now other than upgrade their infrastructure, which takes time. Many providers are at their limits. If the VPN works, I recommend using it until the quarantines are over.

We are still collecting information, but from the vast majority of tests in this thread, it appears that users are losing data packets between their house and our servers. That would be out of your hands and our hands in most situations.

For those of you who a VPN does NOT help, some of you have problems inside of your house as well. Try standard connection troubleshooting if switching to a VPN doesn’t help with the problem at all.

Please note: This is not to say that we aren’t still going to try to resolve things if possible, but I want to set correct expectations here. We may not be able to do anything on our end, as there are a number of different places where these failures are happening in all of these tests, and we do not have direct control over any of them.

If I hear anything else from our investigation, I’ll let you all know.