[Main Thread] - IOS Crashing on Devices with 2GB/3GB RAM

Seen many posts here about this, and you are all still saying it is something on our end and closing the threads. For the past two weeks, I have been experiencing EXTREME server lag on the Americas server of Hearthstone, and will be disconnected 5+ times a game. The longer a game goes, the more likely I will not be reconnected to it. Opponent plays a card with a funky animation? Disconnect. Opponent attacks? Disconnect. I end my turn? Disconnect. I move my mouse to select a card? Disconnect.

The interesting thing is this is a non issue on the other servers. I can play on Europe or Asia with no issues at all. I can play games of Overwatch and can raid in World of Warcraft. Americas server of Hearthstone craps its pants if I try to open a pack! I can’t even touch Battlegrounds with this.

If it is my internets issue, why is it only when I try to connect to that server that I am disconnecting? Why isn’t it lagging my other games? What is going on? I was so excited to play at the start of this expansion, I have decks all built and ready, but I cannot use any of them due to these disconnects. I have a battle pass ready to use and cannot use it due to the disconnects.

For the love of everything, please notice this issue. I have no idea what it could be, but I have so much invested on the Americas server. If I can’t play on it, I might as well quit.

1 Like

exact same problem. It’s only getting worse and is now unplayable.

I think Blizzard should just rename the App “Crashstone”. Because that’s literally all it ever does. Iphone6s. It crashed occasionaly say around Christmas but now crashes all the time no matter what. And you have the audacity to suggest its my wifi connection. SMFH

TAO that is exactly correct! We need to be refunded for any purchases we’ve made since Christmas as this company has NOT LIFTED A FINGER TO FIX ANYTHING

I tested the current Scholomace Academy update on an iPad 4. Can crash on game launch, still crashes consistently at the start of a game.

1 Like

The minimum requirements stated in the App Store are iOS 9, any iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch running that.

Hearthstone used to run on an iPad 2 with 512 MB memory just fine. Hearthstone has only just stopped working on an iPad 3 or 4 with 1GB memory, crashing at start of game; that it’s also crashing on later 2GB / 3GB iPads is very poor.

The game is increasingly bloated. Given it is an App Store editor’s pick and featured there, you’d think Apple would lend programmers/advice.

I have this theory that Hearthstone on iOS was just too good, so they’re trying to keep it on a par with Android quality-wise.

1 Like

I have same issues on IPhone 11 Pro wifi and cellular too…

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

Crashes all the time on IOS 13.5.1 on iPhone 7. Mostly during games.

I think it started happening after latest iOS version update rather than a HS update for me.

Game is completely unplayable.

Tried:

1. reboot phone
  2. Close all other apps
  3. delete and reinstall HS and wait for asset download to complete.
  4. turn off power saving

Terrible.

2 Likes

Unplayable on iphone 6
25% of the time it will crash loading the match
50% by turn 3
100% by turn 6
And then every turn or every other turn after that it will chain crash/try to reconnect to match.

There’s something genuinely wrong with the animations - They seem to throttle causing the game to freeze. Whether it’s too many trying to be played at once, or that they’re so over the top with some cards it just seizes. This game used to run fine, but for the last like 6 months, and now with the new update it’s become a joke. Used to be my favorite mobile game, but now it’s just a frustrating crashing mess. I’ve tried updating my phone, I’ve tried reinstalling over a dozen times. Nothing works. Was sad to delete the app today from my phone, but it just doesnt work. It’d be one thing if it crashed and you could rejoin quickly - but it’s a long load, you automatically default at least one turn. More often then not you’ll rejoin, see nothing that indicates that it’s your turn, you’ll be watching your opponent make turns and then it will skip your turn entirely - no rope, no warning. Just “Thump” as the sound goes to indicate your turns over - This can happen 1-2 times before your device will realize it’s your turn again.

Please allow people to turn down or turn off entirely the animations. The gold cards, the board, everything has a number of animations - It’s making the game bottleneck until it’s a few seconds behind and then bang, crash. I cannot play this game for more then 30 seconds at a time without it crashing deep into play.

Edit - Or at least edit the information in the store so that it better states the actual basic requirements to run it. It’s clearly not working at all on iphone 6 or 7. Should just be - “Requires phone purchased within last 6 months of update”

3 Likes

If game crash, try this (iOS): Help! iPad Air LAG - #9 by Burialfaith-1572

That means America ISP are slow or that America Blizzard’s servers are overcrowded?

Or that lag/crash is due to the size of your collection?

bump, because the problems are just as real today (the 18.2 patch) as they were six months ago.

The crashes when starting a match have persisted for months and the hearthstone devs have done nothing to alleviate them, despite the fact that they are easily recreated and diagnosable.
It’s a joke to call this a “support” forum, because Blizzard provides none.

1 Like

Aye. Sadly still playing. Three games today in brawl because I can’t imagine trying constructed. Three brawls, three crashes before turn six.

iPhone 6 12 GB free memory. 3% assets downloaded because the new patch re-started downloads. Maybe allow mobile to run without the 3D cardback and fancy ephemeral art assets that just bloat without influencing gameplay at all?

Mobile version on anything other than a top-end device might as well be considered abandon-ware for all of the attention it gets.

Allegedly supported device, w/e Blizz

Am i the only one that is seeing things get progressively worse with every update? Before the last I could at least load into a game, but now the client crashes before i can even select a deck or hero. LITERALLY unplayable on mobile now.

4 Likes

Same problem, I can’t even reach the quest menu after launching the game as the app crashes. Downloading the game again, reseting the iPad (home + power button) and reseting the router didn’t help.

The issue seems to be with the app itself. (Using iPad Air 1).

Another patch, and still the same issue where the game crashes when you try to start a standard match. C’mon Blizz! You’ve had months to address this.

2 Likes

iPhone 7, 13.7
Crashes without pattern, but every few minutes. Sometimes when spectating, when opening the friends list, when playing battlegrounds (not even when rolling or bying a minion, just when sitting there), when starting the game and the quest screen got loaded.

Everything was fine before the Battlegrounds update btw.

3 Likes

While playing WoW over the years, I’ve learned some very useful language that is worth using here.

Customer support is: “terribad”. 8 months and the thread is still going.

I think all the Hearhstone technical support have went to Diablo mobile creation. => “Do you guyz not have support”??