[Main Thread] - IOS Crashing on Devices with 2GB/3GB RAM

I think the iOS version has something to do with it.

My ipad4 is on iOS 10.3.3, but my iphone6 is on iOS 12. They have the same amount of RAM (1GB).

My ipad cant even connect to a game without crashing and missing the mulligan and turn 1.
My iphone can limp through games for a while, sometimes with lag, sometimes not. If a game starts to go for more than 20 turns, or a bunch of cards are being generated, the iphone will crash

1 Like

No, it has nothing or little to do with the iOs version. I play on iPhone, game crashes on iPad, same iOs. So what is the difference, well probaly the pictures and animations are larger on a iPad and take more memory…

1 Like

well, that shoots down that theory.
At least random users like you and me are trying to contribute data to the solution. In the meantime, the HS team is “looking into it”

1 Like

This is honestly hilarious in my opinion. This isnt the first time hearthstone has been so garbage that it crashes constantly. Yet you guys make snarky remarks like “don’t you guys have PhOnEs???” when announcing diablo immortal, when you cant even get your crap together with hearthstone. I finally updated my game on my phone and after an hour of reinstalling, restarting, etc I finally looked up whats going on and this has been going on for 4 god damn months according to the thread. And I had this crap happening to me on my older phone MONTHS BEFORE THIS CRAP and it took me having to download the game through some other app store to even get it to load, but even that was far fetched as it still freaking crashed or lagged so badly i couldn’t keep up during battlegrounds. You guys arent doing anything, you dont give a crap. Just wanted to stick your grubby fingers into the honey pot of mobile gaming then scoff at us when we told you “please dont”. What a effing joke.

3 Likes

Same conclusion: high quality images and sounds uses too much RAM. But switching to non-asset-downloaded’s Hearthstone still lead to lag when more than 8 minions are on the board…

Galakrond played and card creation cards. Fixed by not downloading assets.

But then after 8 minions are on the board game stars lagging

1 Like

How about…:

On a ipad air3rd gen,OS13.5.1,every other time i try to join a standard match, the game crashes. This has been happening for more than a week, consistently. Restarting the iPad doesn’t help.Starting a game in Other game modes also seems to result in frequent disconnects but the issue with standard mode is the most aggravating.
This seems likely to be related to the other low memory issues reported here. The issues have been reported for months now. Why isn’t there a resolution yet?

1 Like

Because they don’t plan on supporting these devices going forward. It’s obvious by the way they keep developing battlegrounds and creating new hero classes.

They want to push more complicated card interactions and animations, so us low-rent iOS users will be out of luck pretty soon.

This issue just started happening to me in the last week.

iPhone 7, 32 GB
iOS 13.5.1, 6.72 GB available

The game crashes every time on startup. Completely impossible to play at this point.

1 Like

iphone 6 doesnt get past load screen
Android galaxy a5 with only 2gb ram works but struggles with maintaing connection a bit
Brand new iphone 2nd gen se same issue as iphone 6.
Right now theres no point investing any further in this game. I cant keep playing on the android

1 Like

“New in the Blizzard Store! Crash fix upvotes! For 15 euro or 1000 gold you can vote for your favorite recurring Hearthstone game crash to be worked on for five minutes by a certified experienced Hearthstone frontline support person! And you’ll get a Card Crash cardback to show others how much you care!

Only available on PC. Mobile coming soon.”

3 Likes

not gonna lie, this one made me chuckle

1 Like

Ipad 6th gen. 128 gb. IOS 13.5.1 Crashes often to desktop. Shows running in background where you can double tap home to close. Hard restart sometimes buys you a solid hour of no crash. Reinstall seems to have little effect. Game ran with all sound volumes at zero. Certain animations trigger instant crash like new mage hero with dark shadow at game start. I’d say about 75-80% chance of restarting to get back to continue a match in progress, other times it seems to forget I was in one. If you just restart app without closing in background first you have higher chance of just crashing again. Honestly this issue has been going on for months now and getting to the point of beyond just annoying. As a player that’s been in it from beta and spent plenty $$ I stopped real money transactions till this game is stable. Want me to spend, fix it already.

2 Likes

Fix the issues with netcache=0 on both my laptop and my windows and I MAY be willing to continue playing Hearthstone. And yes I did everything the troubleshooter instructs. It’s your trash servers, lazy developers and lying, decietful “gamemasters” that make this game a living nightmare.

Does your device meet the minimum requirements? Hearthstone can’t run on a potato Phone, the devs are fine.

Made it all the way to a new expansion without any solution. In fact it looks like the crashing disease is now happening on more devices.
Before the patch: my iPhone6 ran hearthstone for 2-3 games before crashing
After the patch: always crashes before turn 6-7

Nice update

3 Likes

…Except that a potato isn’t listed as a supported device in the iOS store. :face_with_monocle:

Hearthstone coding should go open source, then this issue would maybe be fixed by the community.

1 Like

Five crashes by turn 8, entirely skipping two turns. Latest patch pushes it from “you will lose the occasional game” to “you will only win if your opponent crashes more than you”.

iPhone 6, 14GB free memory

2 Likes