[Main Thread] - IOS Crashing on Devices with 2GB/3GB RAM

6th gen iPad
iOS 13.3.1
Game keeps crashing when going through collection. Random crashes in game. Crashes when game tries to reconnect to ongoing game.

3 Likes

This issue is reoccurring more frequently since the Dragon expansion. The addition of Battlegrounds that does have a warning about needing 2 GB of RAM to properly run the app, is it affecting the original game which ran fine on my Iphone 6plus ?

1 Like

iPad 6th gen. With latest update, it went from “crashes often” to “crashes constantly”. If I was working for Blizzard on the iOS Hearthstone app, I’d make it my personal mission to eliminate issues like this and do everything in my power to prevent them from happening again. Alas, it appears features and monetization are consistently prioritized over stability. It’s a good way to lose loyal customers such as myself. How can I enjoy a game I love when it’s literally unplayable?

3 Likes

My favorite guess is that it’s loading all data related to the account in memory. All card assets for our entire collection, including text, sounds, images, animations, behavior, all metadata, all assets related to whatever game mode we’re playing, and god knows what else. So the more loyal and long-standing a user we are, the more screwed we get. If Blizzard has any sense, they’ll get on this promptly, because it could be costing them literally millions of dollars. I know I won’t be spending another cent on this game until it gets fixed, because the ratio of pc play time to mobile play time for me is nearly zero.

1 Like

iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen.9
ipadOS 13.4
Crashes in Boomsday after each solved puzzle:
„Great Job“ is displayed and some moments later: crash

My theory that the bug is tied to my account is verified, and the theory that older, more active accounts are impacted is supported. After multiple uninstalls and restarts, I tried playing on a rarely-used alternate account. I played through a few battlegrounds runs, one ladder game, and two solo plays, and Hearthstone hasn’t crashed even once. I’m certain that if I were to log back into my main account, the plague of crashes would return. Hopefully Blizzard has somebody working on the HS team who fixes bugs and reads this, because I’m basically doing free QA for them. I’ll go ahead and log back into my main just to be certain, and report my findings, just to be thorough.

1 Like

Had to use my alternate account to post this due to “new user” restrictions. Here’s my findings:

Okay, that theory proved wrong. I just played through an entire battlegrounds run on my main account with no crashes. It looks like an uninstall/restart/reinstall cleared out whatever bug there was. I doubt the alternate account had anything to do with it. New theory: some state-saving bug, perhaps exclusive to iOS, is retained across sessions. Feels like maybe a text encoding/parsing bug that got cleared by the system restart. Perhaps it’s related to that bug where card actions get stuck on the screen as text, like with the murloc that grants poisonous to another murloc—I saw that bug more than once while playing in battlegrounds.

1 Like

Constant crash after using hero power during infinite toki encounter. Tried reinstalling app to no avail. Hard boot not effective either.
iOS 13.4.1
HS version 17.0.44.222
iPhone XS Max 256g

Same. On iPhone XS Max

Was finally able to get back in by reinstalling and letting update 100% before signing in. However, infinite toki encounter definitely still bugged. Same result using hero power

iPad 6th generation
iOS 13.3.1

Randomly crashes often. Uninstalled and reinstalled app multiple times with no resolution.

IOS user… i had crashes mostly when play priest or against priest… using normal priest potrait helps to reduce the crashes… but when using 1000 win potrait or tyrande crash keep occuring

iPad Air,

Mine crashes quite often especially galakrond matches.

Have also noticed whenever a card that has battlecry the text of the battlecry will hold over at the end of the game. For instance, deal 2 damage will linger on the success screen.

2 Likes

Priest is unplayable… played 10 games, 8 out of 10 crashed when trying to heal… thanks for it my enemies got free win

2 Likes

Game crashes after every game. The game shows the victory/defeat animation, shows the crown animation, shows the stars won/lost, and then sometimes crashes when showing the daily quest awards, almost always crashes when returning to the menu screen

Ipad4
iOS 10.3.3

1 Like

I have an iPhone 7 and updated and strong WiFi, but now in May 7th and it’s still crashing. Game is unplayable. Had to delete from phone. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. Gone solely on WiFi and turned off celular and vice versa with no luck. Ever since the release of Ashes, seems to be the same with every release lately. It is unplayable.

1 Like

Device: I-Pad Pro 2017
IOS: 13.4.1
128GB device, 34GB Avail

App keeps crashing mid play on ladders. Excessive animation (playing battle cry cards etc) seems to cause it to crash more frequently. After it crashes, can’t even open the app until I restart the device. Have tried uninstall and reinstall, worked smoothly for a few games before the app began crashing again. This has been an issue for months. It makes it almost impossible to climb up the ranks and super frustrating to play.

1 Like

Every single game this weekend crashed when trying to return to the menu screen after a game.

Do you also have problems crashing during matches if there is an exceptionally long turn or elaborate animation? Or if there are a lot of golden cards on the board?

It’s absurd that a card-battler requires more than 3GB of RAM for it minimum requirements.

1 Like

Model: Iphone 7
Version IOS: 13.4.1.
Когда я играю вылетает из игры и телефон становиться очень горячим.И эта проблема началась после того как я стал собирать карты вольного формата. Я всегда играю на стандарте и карт стандарта мне хватает и я решил собирать карты вольного формата. И когда карт стало появляться все больше телефон начал греться и вылетать из игры. Пожалуйста помогите с этой проблемой.

Iphone memory 32GB.
Забыл написать память телефона