[Main Thread] - IOS Crashing on Devices with 2GB/3GB RAM

While playing WoW over the years, I’ve learned some very useful language that is worth using here.

Customer support is: “terribad”. 8 months and the thread is still going.

I think all the Hearhstone technical support have went to Diablo mobile creation. => “Do you guyz not have support”??

The issue is still happening.

IPad Air
iOS 12.4.9
Usually crashes at the loading screen, sometimes I can get into the game but will crash on the first command.

My iOS on iPhone 12 on hearthstone is crashing constantly. After every game is completed game crashes, half of the loads after restarting after that crash, and sometimes game just crashes in general. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don’t play in my iphone second edition because it crash all time. Is imposible to play.

Same issue as described by most of these users.

iPad air2
14.04. Or whatever this latest edition was, but issue started prior to the update and continues now.
I have followed every trouble shooting step, including offloading and deleting the app, backing up and restoring, even cleared data to make sure it wasn’t a low RAM issue. Only upon the initial reinstall of the app can I go in and play as normal. If it crashes, or if I shut down the app or even minimize it to use a different app, I cannot log back in. It sticks at the hearthstone logo page prior to the menu screen. This is constantly happening, 100% of the time, and after a dozen full deletions and reinstalls over the past week since the latest game update and reading and trying every support thread I can find on a similar subject- I’m at my wits end. I love this game, but I cant waste time on all these bugs every time you update. Ps… this does not occur on any other apps on this device.

1 Like

Experience is really bad on my iPhone 6 Plus right now. Used to play without problem, but now every 10 times I launch the game, I get past the “hearthstone” screen once or twice at most.

The first generation iPad Air has 1GB of memory. Like the iPad 3 and 4, Hearthstone got too big to even work on those in early 2020, having passed the 512MB limit of the iPad 2 a coupke of years earlier.

The thing that bugs me is that it’s ultimately a small card game. Don’t load Battlegrounds or solo adventures unless you play them, selectively discard animations and effects, provide bitmaps scaled for the hardware you’re playing on through slicing, and the game should fit into far less memory.

Hearthstone is finally running fine.

I updated 7 apps today on my iPad Air 1 and then noticed that one app (different from those 7) was running VERY fluid with no lag at all. I then was tempted to check with Hearthstone and it too was running VERY fluid and didn’t crash at all (for one game).

I opened tickets with Blizzard support about lag/crashes a couple weeks ago and they told me to contact Apple about it. Which seems to mean that Hearthstone should run fine on iPad Air 1.

Apps updated today (and the time initially installed) were:

1. Adobe Photoshop Mix - Cut out, combine, create (Nov. 16 2016)
  2. Calculator Pro+ for iPad (Feb. 4 2016)
  3. Findings - Lab Notebook (Aug. 19 2019)
  4. Flashfood: Grocery Deals (Nov. 10 2019)
  5. Psiphon (Feb. 6 2021)
  6. Skitch - Snap, Mark Up, Send (Oct. 24 2016)
  7. Twitch: Live Game Streaming (Dec. 6 2016)

Since the issue started many months ago, some of these apps could of not be installed when the issue began. So I would be tempted to exclude “Psiphon” app from the possible conflicting apps.

… at last!

Edit: I looked under the “App store” on the iPad Air 1 and amongst the 7 apps named above: 1. “Adobe Photoshop”, 3. “Findings” and 6. “Skitch” have the following statement in the update description: “This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate”.

iPhone 7
IOS 14.7.1
Crashes whenever I try to open the app, right at the Blizzard logo, which is the first thing I see when starting the app.

1 Like

I’m getting the same thing on an iPhone 12 Pro on iOS 14.7.1. After I updated to 21.0, when I start Hearthstone, it shows the Blizzard logo and then crashes. I’ve tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the app many times now. Here’s what I’ve tried so far that all crash almost immediately after starting the app:

• restart phone, open app → crashes
  • delete app, reinstall app, open app → crashes
  • delete app, reinstall app, restart phone, open app → crashes
  • delete app, restart phone, reinstall app, open app → crashes
  • restart phone, delete app, reinstall app, open app → crashes
  • restart phone, delete app, restart phone, reinstall app, open app → crashes

Same as you bud.
iPhone 12 14.7.1

iPad Pro (2nd Generation)
IOS: 14.6 (18F72)

In the Android thread, I was told to make a new thread about iOS. So I did. Could you all post there with your device type and operating system version so it’s all in one place to help them troubleshoot? Thanks: App won't start on iPhone since patch 21.0

37 of 128 GB is memory, not RAM. These are very different things just fyi

Is there any update for IOS devices? I keep checking the app and there is not an update for this app since a week ago…

Any news about this being fixed?

iPhone 8
IOS 16.4.1

• I crash when building Mercenaries comps
  • I crash when attempting to start a Mythic Mercenaries fight
  • I crash in the middle of ranked games (usually on my turn)
  • I crash randomly in the battlegrounds
1 Like

I got the exact same issue, it has something to do with the animations they added in the update

2 Likes

I just realized this thread is three years old. Sorry, but I can’t think of anything this game is doing that would justify using over 2 GB of RAM. There is at most a double digit number of elements on the screen at a time. You could argue that the high end graphics are straining the system, but I have all my graphics set as low as they’ll go. I don’t care about detailed art and animation. They could have me in 16-bit graphics with no animations for all I care. Just let me play the game without crashing every time I try to build a Mercenaries comp.

1 Like