[Main Thread] iOS - Cannot Change Region at Log In

I just downloaded the new update for Hearthstone on iOS, and am unable to change the region. When I am at the login page, I select the option on the top right, and then select the correct region.

However, the dialogue box “Not everything travels with you” appears behind the email/password login (they overlap in an obvious visual glitch) and because of this, I am unable to press confirm. So I’m currently stuck, unable to log in.

3 Likes

I second this - same issue persists…

I have same issue, but you can do it, just type the passwords and then you’ll be able to click the CONFIRM button, app will crash, and when u open App again it will be in the new region. I know it sucks but it’s all we’ve got. They worked on chat for like 6 months, so feelsbadman again… Let me know if my trick worked.

1 Like

Same. The sign in and fail trick doesn’t work for me…

Hey, all! I went ahead and updated the title to get this consolidated and more traction here. Thank you for your reports! We’re aware of the issue at this moment. I’ll update here when we receive updates and more information.

Requested details removed, please check this post.

I have an iPhone SE
Version 13.4.1
With the same issue.

Have also tried deleting and reinstalling the app couple of times with no luck

iPhone XR
iOS 13.4.1
Hearthstone Version 17.2.47374

iPhone 6s+ same problem!! Can’t play anything and I want to spend money buying packs but I guess not🤓!!!

iPhone X
iOS 13.3.1
Hearthstone Version 17.2.47374
Same issue

Device: iPad Pro (10.5-inch) - MPGJ2LL/A
Carrier: Home Wi-Fi / AT&T
HS Version: 17.2.48705

Notes: Exact same problem as described by others. EXCEPT, First error message was “This App is no longer shared with you. You must purchase it from App Store.” But App was never shared and App Store confirmed I had purchased it. Deleted it, downloaded it, and then started experiencing same error where I could not change the region to log into my account. Also error happens when on WiFi, not just data from mobile carrier.

Same issue here , tried everything but not nothing worked.

Just an update. Now I get the “Closed” screen whenever I try to sign in from the screens asking whether I am new or if I have an account, not just when I try to change the region to get to my account.

Thank you for your reports everyone! Our team is aware of the issue and working on a patch to push to resolve this issue. At the moment, there’s no ETA on when the patch will be pushed, but there is a workaround in the mean time.

1. Select a different region at the top-right.
  2. The confirm option will not work. Instead, fill out the login information.
  3. Click on the “Log in” button.
  4. Wait until the animations for the login stops. It will look a bit glitchy.
  5. Click on “Confirm” from the Region Select Window.
  6. Hearthstone will crash, but launching Hearthstone again will put you in the correct region.

This is not an ideal workaround, but our team is working on a permanent fix for this. Thank you for your reports in the mean time. We’re good on needing the requested details so that has been removed from the initial post :slight_smile:

If you are experiencing other issues and errors other than the region issue, please create your own thread.

This does not work for me. Because I deleted the app and the reinstalled it (which has worked to fix bugs in the past) it takes me to a screen that says “Touch to Start”.

The next screen gives an option - “I’m new” or “sign in”. There is no option to select a region yet, just either of these options.
EDIT: if you do not use these two buttons and instead use the icon in the corner which gives you the choice of “options” or “log in” and log in, the game immediately goes to the “Closed Screen.”

If you select “Sign in” it goes to the traditional loading page. As soon as it completes loading, but before you can select any region, it immediately brings up the “Closed” screen.

There is no opportunity to select any region before the crash.

Hey, all! Our team have confirmed this issue should be fixed in 17.4. The iOS updates should be pushed for most regions now. Is anyone still experiencing issues with changing the region?

I cannot even access the change region menu anymore. After experiencing the original error I deleted the app and reloaded it. I get the “tavern closed” error before I can even get to the change region menu.

I downloaded the latest update tonight and still get the “tavern closed” error screen before I can attempt to change the region.

However the Original error that led me to delete and reinstall was the crash when trying to change regions.

RunScreamin’

If you uninstall the game client and delete all application cache data on your device, then reinstall the game client, does that allow you to connect and change regions? You need to specifically ensure that you clear the data that is left behind on uninstall in your ipad’s storage settings. If the problem is persisting for you, it may not be related to what we were working on earlier.