[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

Well just changing my Sim from Sprint to TMobile didn’t fix it by itself, however I went from being unable to edit my Access Point settings (was always grayed put for me on Sprint for some reason) to being able to create a new Access Point that enables IPV4/IPV6 APN protocol instead of just the default IPV6 that I was previously stuck with.

Seems to have sorted the problem for me. I am able to connect on 4g data again for the moment.

1 Like

So Im very happy you posted this because once I switched to a Tmobile Sim, I didn’t realize I could now change my Access Point. I did what you wrote and HS is now working on mobile data without a VPN. Thanks!

Edit: It still pisses me off that Blizz abandoned this thread and the main problem has persisted for over a year.

A year later and still can’t play on mobile without a VPN. All of the other workarounds have been unreliable (sometimes works, but usually doesn’t).

1 Like

Using a VPN didn’t work for me

Started out as genuine incompetence. Turned into convenient indifference.
Can’t fail if they don’t try.

Hearthstone won’t load past the tavern doors. Emblem glows like the app is working. I tried the VPN solution and it didn’t work. Since a large number of people are having this issue I assume Blizzard is working on it.

Samsung Galaxy A50 w/ Android Version 10

After the last update, it stopped working for me to (mobile data play). Wifi still worked.

So, I uninstalled the game, reinstalled, it still did not work (stuck on doors screen).
Then, I switch my Connections/Mobile Networks/Access Point Name to the one I made for Hearthstone, and it worked!

Usually I would just toggle between my default Access point settings and the Hearthstone, and go back again to get it to work, but for 2 days it did not work.

Yeah…be nice if they fix the stack issue. I can only imagine them arguing with Google about something they did in an update 2 years ago. They should fix this as no other game/app has this problem.

It dont work with my WiFi eighter. I have a Samsung Tablet.

2 july 2021 still not fix

1 Like

It’s fixed for me Galaxy S10+ Anyone else?

So just switched Sim cards from sprint to t-mobile the issue still persists

As you can tell it is August 27th 2021. There is still no official fix. Sprint has just faded and t-moblie now owns them besides their moblie app. Most people now have the t-moblie sim. Sadly, still no change. This thread is now 1 and half years old. Everyone has done everything from vpn, access points, change network settings, and all the works. The game sadly still only works on wifi. For me, when I has the sprint sim a VPN would work. Since I got the new sim, nothing works. I can log into the home screen of the game but nothing else can be done. If I try to load a match, connection lost. I’m still shocked that they have let this go for so long.
Blizzard I understand your company is in hot water for other reasons, but please… we just wnat to play a game that we have spent so much money in. It sucks I can’t play a match while I’m sitting here waiting for a call at work.

2 Likes

Also having this issue. Galaxy S20 Fe 5g on TMobile. Can login to main screen, but can’t connect to play anyone.

S21 ultra on Tmobile. Hearthstone and WoW companion app. Cant use them.

Just got an update for hearthstone for the upcoming October 2021 expansion. Seems like the tmobile issue is fixed…FINALLY.
I can connect with no wifi.
Samsung note 20 5g

Crush or Freeze on title screen. It occur after 21.2 middle screen bug fixed.
Before fix could play.
AQUOS sense 3

Latest update seems to have caused this issue for me. I don’t have access to WiFi where I am currently so I can’t test that but the connection constantly times out on the tavern doors loading screen on cellular.

Device: iPhone XS Max

OS version: 14.7.1

Provider: Telstra

Hearthstone version: 21.2.91456

Region: Americas

Edit: after connecting to WiFi and downloading extra data the game connects fine on cellular

Same problem.

I can connect the game but when I launch a ranked, a message tell me “issue when using mobile data”.

version 22.0.127581

Serv : Europe
Phone : Fairephone 3

Almost two years later and not even a single response from Blizzard. They only care about money. Supporting us will costs them money so this bug will probably never be fixed.

2 Likes

Using any type of VPN seems to fix the download issues. Unreal two years of this crap and a third party has a fix smh

1 Like