[Main Thread] Android 10 & Samsung A70/A80 - Cannot Login Android app

Dear Blizzard

As you know a lot of users including myself are having issues with the current software update to android 10 and the compatibility of the game, leaving us unable to play! There is an article I found where its states that the problem comes down to the circuit board?

" Apparently, two different printed circuit board (PCB) versions have been used for the Galaxy A70, it’s the bit that handles screen control and device charging. The PCB update doesn’t complete with the Android 10 update because the firmware seemingly didn’t have the required code for Galaxy A70 devices that have the older version of the PCB."

Later on in the article it does state that some devices are bricking and I’d assume that this hasn’t happened to anyone on this forum as of yet! Can you please ask the Blizzard wizards to take a look and see if the issue can be resolved with a temporary patch or an actual workaround as the current ones that have been suggested dont work! Myself and others would really like to play the new expansion, I pre ordered it and cant even play it!!

Happy Easer everyone!

www.sammobile .com/news/samsung-halts-galaxy-a70-android-10-release-serious-issue/amp/

6 Likes

Since i upgraded my Samsung A70 to android 10 hearthstone doesn’t work anymore i’ve tried everything.

I deleted everything and downloaded it again i tried some fixes that i saw on the forum but it still does not work. Can you please fix this im in self isolation and i can’t even olay hearthstone.

Hi! I have the same issue with Samsung A70 after Android 10 upgrade.

1 Like

Enter in game, before “playful sprites” appears u must go in settings phone at apps go to hearthstone clear cache, go back in game, u must do this 3 time before playful sprites appears

2 Likes

Exact same phone. Exact same problem

2 Likes

Tried it… But didn’t work

2 Likes

Same issue here…Samsung A70, android 10, cannot login after updating to android 10. Tried to reinstall,cleared cache,but still the same. Please find a workaround Blizzard, as it is really frustrating after a week…

2 Likes

Exact same phone. Exact same problem.
Dear Blizzard, read the BuffalowHair article above…, please (sammobile)

1 Like

Updated android on A70, same problem as fellow players mentioned before. Not here to complain, just want to try out the new decks. I’m sure they’re working on it, hang in there everyone. :blush:

1 Like

Samsung A70 and android 10, didnt work for the past 2 weeks. Miraculously worked for the past two days. And now its stuck like this… haha just when i thought things were fixed

1 Like

Same issue Galaxy A70. Very sad as I planned to really push my rank this month. Also gutted im missing out on the release quests.

Might be time to pick up a new mobile game. Shame with how much time and money ive sunk in.

1 Like

Same issue Can we get some update about the problem it’s been some time, i paid for it its not fair

1 Like

I have the same problem, and same phone. There is no difference if i use cellular or wifi internet.

1 Like

Dear GM, can you tell us what stage of problem resolution you are in? I have the same problem as the rest of Hearthstone players …
I am a healthcare professional and work on duty with coronavirus patients. Hearthstone was a nice stepping stone during breaks from work. I hope that the owners of A70 will be able to return to the game on their smartphones … Regards to all players!

2 Likes

From yesterday I am able to log in, if I clear the cache 2 times (waiting 3-3 seconds) at tavern doors. Otherwise it is the same error message.

1 Like

Ok i finally found a sollution for this. Keep in mind, its not pretty, and you have to do it every time you open the game. But it works every time.

This came to me in one of the many reinstallations i made to try to make HS work on my A70, i noticed that BEFORE you try to log with your account you could play the tutorial and such no problem. That plus the long time it took for the error message to appear make me think this was a timeout error. Meaning that for SOME reason, the A70 software was making HS take too long to reach the server. Now some of you know that HS keeps working in the background, this is key because… HS WILL NOT TIME OUT IF NOT ON USE FOR A SHORT TIME. (this is an android feature to prevent disconections on many apps)

So… wath you need to do is this (seems long but the whole process takes around 10secs)

1- Open HS and wait for the tavern doors to appear.
2- Wait 2 seconds (no more no less)
3- Minimize HS with the “HOME” key (the square on the middle)
4- Use the APP button (the three lines of the left) and open another app (chrome, wathsapp, etc)
5- Wait 2 seconds (no more no less)
6- Use the APP button (the three lines of the left) and switch to HS app
7- Wait 2 seconds (no more no less)

If the HS logo in the middle of the doors dont start shinning, repeat steps 3 to 7.

Usually i got it on the 4th round. But im always able to log in with this trick.

I hope this helps until we got a better solution.

7 Likes

Tuna on my A70 this solution unfortunately does not work :confused:
I reinstalled HS and followed your instructions but it didn’t work

1 Like

Thats odd. I commented it on my local gamestore and 5 out of 5 people who had it could log in. Its kynd of tricky to pull of until you got the hang of it. I wish i could upload a video of it.

1 Like

Yep 2 weeks now and hearthstone still not working on my A70 - none of the workarounds work for me. C’mon blizzard - why has this not yet been fixed. Specially fun in lockdown unable to play…

1 Like

Still having same issue nothing works for me.

1 Like