[Main Thread] After Patch Battleground is Extremely Laggy

I figured it out. This lag happens when you play certain builds, Murlocs and Dragons for example.
If you keep stacking battlecry buffs on minions, it will happen. How to fix? I have no idea, you have to restart the game.

Blizzard’s being lazy as usual. Not even trying to help your customers.
No wonder Mike left and now he’s making new company. Maybe gamers should do the same

1 Like

Same for me, mobile is unplayable, and I got a new samsung S20

A lot of people have this problem, mate. The issue is not on your side. We only can hope for the fix to come tomorrow when they set all ranking to zero.

Extreme lags on BG after the last Elementals update 18.4 starts after tier 4-5 tavern. Totally unplayable at Tier 6.
Ryzen5/RX580/16DDR4/SB-Z/SSD, all last drivers.

GJ again Blizz BG fanboy developers…
Yet another BG patch that broke the app again for mobile users. Stuck on loading screen on 3 (!) different mobile devices.
I am done with this persisting BS. Havent spent any real money since the start of spoofing on mobile users which started about 2(?) years ago with the focus on BG.

No solution or good communicaton since then.
Time to close that painful chapter - i played since beta.

I move on to LOR or MTGA or anything with better support.
Thx for nothing HS ( since the falldown of mobile support and the focus on the rescue ancor of BG…)
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

Hey all, thank you for you reports so far! Our team have found the cause of the issue recently and we’re tracking the issue. It seems that this primarily happens due to the Elemental buff or Animations that cause the performance issues.

Our team is reviewing this and we do know what seems to be causing it. At this moment, there are no workarounds for this issue, but we’ll continue to update as we have more information available.

2 Likes

Same problems on my brand new pixel 4a… Very disappointed

1 Like

Yeah same here, I guess we just need to spam the forums with this lag issue and maybe just maybe someone will recognize it as a priority instead of new content.

The lag is even worst today. Now it lags all the time and gets worst as the game progresses. The time rope is gone and studders in lag causing any actions in the last 20 seconds to be near impossible.

I captured some video and uploaded to youtube:

2 Likes

Just lost 1st place becuase game is sooo slow on ios. Needs fix badly

1 Like

Hey all, it looks like the main issue with the elemental animations issue should be fixed overall after a recent update here. We haven’t seen as many reports, but there have been some situations where there’s been periodic freezing with only the first game of battlegrounds that causes FPS drops as well.

This hasn’t been replicated yet on our end fully, but it may also be related to connectivity issues to the Hearthstone servers. We’re reviewing and looking into this more, though. I think that may be what you’re running into ForeShadow. After the first match, does it get any better or does it get progressively worse after the first match? If you try an alternative connection is it any better?

I can confirm the lag is still around even after the “elemental lag patch”. It lag every match but for some reason some match can be worse than others. The lag itself is not constent. Sometime is barely playable, a “you can’t play Daryl” lag type… And sometime the lag is very minimal, annoying but not game breaking and have very little impact on my game play.

1 Like

The lag does get worse over time. It also exclusively with buffs on and generating elementals. A Garr seems to need to “think” a lot about how many elementals are on board, especially in combination with Amalgams, and generating more elementals in hand with a Brann also takes a long time.

I think it has something to do with the amount of data that needs to be exchanged in order to play a series of cards. Every time a buff triggers or an elemental randomly needs to be generated multiple times, it lags several seconds.

Only concern i have is that there was lag from 2 patches ago. It just happened to get worse with elementals. I think you can see VoDs of streamers encountering this lag before the elemental patch.

Just got 7th place since it took 45 seconds ( countdown timer) to buy 1 minion and set 4 minion. The previous turn let me triple and sell a minion to tavern tier up, but wouldnt let me set 3 minions. (High 20s on turn timer when extreme lag kicked in)
This game was an easy 1st, maybe 2nd place finish.

I was in the middle of a game and the game just froze for everyone. Closing app + reopening just brings you back to the same spot in the game: right before a combat phase was supposed to begin. Waited for 10+ minutes and closed/reopened multiple times and all the same.

I am on a fairly powerful PC, Windows 10, Geforce 1080ti, AMD Ryzen 3700X.
Performance became a little worse after the latest patch. Then one day it got absolutely terrible.

Turns out Discord was the problem. I was using it to communicate, but it also offers an overlay in the upper right corner when I start Hearthstone. Not having Discord running got the performance up to a level where it isn’t unplayable.

I already had the Discord overlay disabled, but now also turned off “Message notifications” in the Overlay settings-page, and that seems to have done the trick. Thank you for putting me on the right track!

Kek it, hearthstone is dead, lagging out, roping way too soon or it’s lag and you get 2 seconds in the tavern.

Disconnected ———- reconnecting to you game ——— disconnected repeated all night. On pc it’s fine but horrendous on app. iPhone 7, one plus 6, iPhone X all the same.

So the issue is still there. Ive got a pretty high end computer as well and its basically that the game becomes choppy all of a sudden and this really, really hinders high APM plays which you HAVE TO be making with some heroes in BGs. Please Blizzard keep trying to fix this because its really important for the game to function as its supposed to