Mage yet again sets a new record!

Fastest nerf in the game history not even 5 m after the card reveal it already costs 1 more mana.
We truely are a breed apart feels good.

Rare ¡ Spell ¡ Murder at Castle Nathria ¡ Deal 2 damage to all minions. Summon a 2/2 Volatile Skeleton for each killed.

4 Likes

I supposed to be surprised?

It also got the first BUFF before release…

Elitist Snob from Paladin is also a 3/4, not a 4/4, so Mage is tied with them for pre-release nerfs being seen.

4 Likes

Just to be fair it could be a mistake on the site right?
Right? lmao

Deathborne: Was 5 mana at the time of recording, is actually 6 mana. Nerfed before it ever even went live. RIP. (jk still very good) pic.twitter.com/a0XeKO6tPn

— Cora 💙 (@Songbird_HS) July 1, 2022

I stand corrected by Cora lol.

2 Likes

The location gained 1 extra durability.

If it doesn’t fit the narrative of mage persecution, we don’t wanna hear it. :grin:

5 Likes

This nerf speaks volumes about T5’s new approach to powercreeping and balance.

Jesus H Christ. This better be tongue in cheek because I can’t take any more.

1 Like

Well…

To be fair there was no way to know that fast.

And since were talking mage.

The skeletons feel actually bad but i take a 2 mana 3 damage spell any day.
I advocate for a good time.

Also the new secret is very powerful with that much freeze at disposal.
You freeze everything you not want your opponent to attack with and play that.

Or you do it exactly like that but drop another secret just for him not attack your face in fear of taking the same damage and summoning a powerful minion for you.

Following the persecution logic though…

Paladin is the class being persecutted here!

it only got the fastest nerf in history!
while mage got the fastest buff in history alongside with the nerf…

but I guess that doesn’t fit with this forum narrative, right?!

2 Likes

That Paladin card before the nerf was crazy good now it 1 less atk its still very playable,that Mage card before the nerf was already bad now its hilarious and unplayable.

The buff to the Mage location is indeed good, but the only card that got a mana nerf(the type of nerf that kills cards Spitelash says Hello!!!).

But i guess that doesnt fit your narrative , i dont know why i efen bother you re the type that even when i post pics and back up my claims its never enouth for you.

Have a nice one.

your narrative was “fastest nerf 111!! mage hate!!11!!”

you’ve been factually proven wrong.
paladin was factually nerfed without a simultaneous buff like mage at the same exact time.

So, factually, you are wrong.

Talking about power levels of cards on a set that’s not yet released is only you trying to play the victim card, it doesn’t work. We are tired of the “poor mage woes” tirades of this forum (at least I am tiered of them).

So yeah.

But have a nice one as well.

(p.s. in a development cycle there’s bound to be countless adjustments, both upwards and downwards, before they release the FINAL version. You cannot think that every card printed is printed EXACTLY as first imagined without a single tweak in their costs/stats/effects/numbers. That’s just absurd. So, by the very concept of what is and what isn’t a nerf/buff, we CANNOT talk about those stuff BEFORE they are even released.)

2 Likes

Deathborne: Was 5 mana at the time of recording, is actually 6 mana. Nerfed before it ever even went live. RIP. (jk still very good) pic.twitter.com/a0XeKO6tPn

— Cora 💙 (@Songbird_HS) July 1, 2022

My bad i forgot you know better , even above those that are actualy in the dev team…

5 mana deal 2 damage to all minions summon a bunch of 2/2s that all deal 2 when they die is bad?

Also I think you underestimate the amount of changes in final design. Mage is just the only ones we have seen.

1 Like

Yes it is, we had a better card in the past for 5 mana that would give you spells (something far better) and that card was never good.

Epic · Spell · Rastakhan’s Rumble · Deal 2 damage to all minions. Overkill: Add a random Mage spell to your hand.

But dont take my word for it just look at what any decent players that reviews the cards says about it.
I made my opinion on my own experience with the class that goes for 8 years now and close to 5k wins with Mage alone.

But again its my opinion .

Wait, I thought people were joking with the “the card was nerfed, they hate mage” and “that other card was nerfed but it doesn’t fit your narrative” :joy:

Are you actually serious? :thinking:

For me this archetype seems good: is both something new and something that seems playable; it’s not like when they announced new murlocs for shaman that was very uninspired, for example.

We haven’t seen what other class will get, but the mage set already looks solid to me

To be fair i kinda happy to get a non meme tier 2 mana damage spell.

Also skeletons probably work well in quest mage.

1. They’re mostly spells.

2. Freezing touch activated at end game with quest done is a 4 mana pyroblast.

3. Frost spells that not depend on the opponent have something on the board.

4. Skeletons are a good activator for mana siphon.

This package feels like something i would really like to put in Quest mage.

And If anyone gets mad i just go ahead and say. See those skeletons?

Interact with they.

I heavily disagree on this.

Blast Wave was pretty bad because you had to overkill things and the spells were completely random, which is a pretty big deal considering you had a good chance of getting garbage.

Deathborne is not overkill and instantly fills your board with threats, which is great against aggro.

This card is wayyyy stronger than Blast Wave and prob still good a 6 mana, there’s a reason they nerfed it during development .

4 Likes

Oh just the shut the hell up and enjoy your next round of Pre-order skins/Diamond Cards/Mini-Set legendaries will you