Mage is out of control with Discovery

Ok discovering over 100 extra cards in one game is the most broken crap I have ever seen in this game.

Mage now does what rogue does but better in every way. Thing is they have far more survivability and control tools on top of near infinate discovery. How the hell is that fair.

I came back after a break to try a new a few new decks and varients I came up witn and run into a infinate spell discovery mage that discovers every spell in the game unlimited times?

Jesus christ i guess time to run theotar. Wait tried that to steal that spell. That does not work hell i even copyed theo. Mage just discoverd even more copys of the discover spell along with the rogue jackpot spell. They proceed ti copy there hand to get even more discover spells then used the naga minion to get another copy of the snap shotā€¦

HELLO DEVS WAKE UP!! Maybe you should be fired for this kind of development if you ask me.

They probibly didnt even take into account what mage already had

Infinatize the maxitude along Rewind might be some of the most broken cards we have seen in a long time.

Thing is mage has already been nerfed b4 for simular things that were far less broken than this current rendition of discovery shenanigans. The devs just dont learn from there past mistakes

Infinatize the maxitude should not be able to be discovered itself.

Combining it with Rewind is broken as all hell.

Not gonna lie the deck is amazing deck craftmanship tho.

4 Likes

The whole game is out of control when you can come and complain about a class that is #9 on HSR and was #11 before the patch.
Sorry you lost.

1 Like

With all the Discover in the game something FEELS like it should be done to keep it in check. Perhaps limit it to TWO discovered cards instead of three, at least with cheaper Discover cards. Or something.

I donā€™t know, though. Everything in this game just feels sooooo hyper mode.

3 Likes

Be honest, even assuming that Discover is an issue (I think it is but thatā€™s not the point), is Mage really the biggest offender when DK is discovering over-budget spells from other runes and Priest is conjuring two or even three decksā€™ worth of cards from thin air, many of them from your deck before you ever see them?

Mage is just getting copies of cards they already had to play.

This is incorrect its basicly rogue on crack.

Sorry bro you and i on same page 90 % of the time and a belive you havent seen this deck and i cant find it anyware.

The value it generates alone makes it more dumb than infinate turn waygate mage.

Basicly imagine if rogue could spam jack pot 2x a turn. This is basicly whats going on here but spells only. I legit watched them use cannablize 2x in one turn followed by vision of darkness.

They can discover any spell in standard and copy it multiple times is my issue here. Mage just has far too much value.

New decks are still poping up this meta is not stable still.

Since people did lose the oportunity to let this post die alone alreadyā€¦

No. Itā€™s not broken.

No itā€™s not fun to play against.

And no. It will not see nerfs because worse than it already is would mean delete the cards.

That i not necessarily against deleting then since theyā€™re already bad but blizzard would have to come with a replacement.

I donā€™t think you need to delete cards, however the game is in such a hyper state, it seems like thatā€™s what you have to do since any adjustment may make it non-viable in the meta. Thatā€™s why I imposed what should be done should cover a mechanic, not just a single card. Now I concede the amount of impact per card will differentiate, of course, but it would cover more ground.

Deleting cards isnā€™t/shouldnā€™t be the answer

1 Like

its happening again
" oh no people are having fun with bad deck thx to discover thaaaaats an issuuuuue!!"

It kinda works for many card games.

Itā€™s called a ban.

And sincerely i being malicious here in the sense that i actually hate how those are so bad that make mage in general not even think on running new cards.

My message should be hit more like:

Not even mage players run those cards so do us a favor and whine more so maybe the replacement gives 1 New card that is useful.

Mage is definitely up there. Just lost a game to 20 Blizzards and 6 solid alibis. It isnā€™t fun to lose to RNG garbage that can be replayed multiple times. There is nothing fun about the endless discover.

2 Likes

It may very well be a dumb deck, but it isnā€™t dumb enough to win very many games.
Your frustration with the deck would be better directed at the product as a whole.

If you are losing to mage, then you are playing poorly.
Plenty of other players are wrecking the class.
https://hsreplay.net/
The entire game has jumped the shark. Realize that and quit, or accept it.

1 Like

What rank do you see mages? I donā€™t see mages with enough frequency to matter, but the ones I do see are dead so fast I donā€™t get to see much of their discover game.

Kind of surprised at the complaints about mage in standard. Itā€™s in such a bad state at the moment. Iā€™ve seen very few in the D5 bracket. Way too many DKā€™s and Priests, who are absolutely the biggest offenders of the discover mechanic.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t surprise me. Mage and priest get hated on no matter what state they are in.
The entire game is garbage now. Team 5 has driven the product into the ravine.

Dude, you lost to meme.
This isnā€™t an actual meta deck people are running, you just found a guy going all in in discover cards

3 Likes

Whacky idea: How about
1)They stop giving discover 0 mana cost. Give discover a mana cost of at least 1. a 2 mana 2/3 (premium stats) with all tribes, shouldnā€™t also be discovering.
2)Stop printing so many discover cards
3)Stop printing discover cards that can go infinite (mage and priest).

I still remember a few years ago that they wanted to stop infinite value.

DK is by far the biggest abuser of discover:

1 they donā€™t have the same bloat of useless cards to ruin there discover pool

2 all their cards are insanely overstated

3 they discover cards that then discover more cards

Discover just needs to be removed

Mage sucks dude. You donā€™t kick a class when it is down. We really need a megathread that never gets deleted here that says ā€œI lost to this and am saltyā€. Granted thatā€™d mean half of our new topics would dissapear but quality over quantity my bruh.

The cards youā€™re referencing (The leggo spells for sure) are the devā€™s attempt at making the game interesting and fun. I donā€™t think we want to reduce the fun. However, I stand by what I said. Especially with all the power creep and the fact Discover has been around for so long, MAYBE some tweaking COULD be done. Will it? Doubt it.

Please tell me how I should outplay 20 Blizzards and 6 solid alibis, would love for you to attempt to educate me.

1 Like