Mage destroyed yet AGAIN

1. Destroyed the only viable Wild deck.
  2. “Buffed” cards that won’t change anything. Spell Mage’s problem wasn’t the 6 mana draw nor was it Sunset Volley. Remember that there isn’t a 10 mana spell to replace Sunset Volley for the Orb, so these 2 changes won’t change the deck’s viability.
  3. Nerf Snake Oil??? Gone Rainbow Mage as well.

Mage is effectively gone from the game.
You nerf the only viable deck for 8 month plus now! And don’t hit the correct buffs for the new deck. I am done. Just say you hate Mage atp. We know it.

8 Likes

Yeah this was completely dense from them. Rainbow mage is literally the only deck in the game punished by this change, and for what reason? Now there’s 0 mage decks viable.

3 Likes

Time warp mage was absurdly abused for so long, and it’s about time they put an end to inifiate turns. The card has be returned to the original intended state, the way it was intended to be played when it first came out, back when there were not spells that repeated spells that didnt’ start in your hand and cards like potion of illusions.

This deck was wilds version of Turtle Mage. It should not have been allowed to run rampid as long as it did and I’m Glad it’s finally dead. Honestly someone finally woke up and was like… let’s do the right thing after years of this nonsense.

Also Mage is my most played class so I’m not hating on mages. I love the class, but I think this deck was not a fun or fair deck to face once players found ways to manipluate the spell to infinity.

Long live the 1 Extra Turn Time Warp Spell!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you love Mage so much get ready to not have even 1
viable deck in both formats~!

1 Like

There is still elemental mage.

2 Likes

Keep trolling me pls!
Elemental Mage, HAHAHAHA.

0 viable decks! Mage is literally gone!

1 Like

rest in the toilet time warp

10 Likes

I am happy for the Time Warp nerf. The decks it enabled were some of the worst experiences when Mage could keep repeating the spell over and over. Hoping it will return to being a meme combo enabler

Elemental mage is an okay deck but really not very competitive

I’m going to stick with random Yogg mage shenanigans in wild. It’s not good, but I think it’s fun

8 Likes

God forbid Mage does something actually magical.
You people just don’t even want to consider how Mage is literally gone from the game! Removed from everywhere after this!

Enjoy your fun people! I am sure the only problematic part was of wild was Time Warp! Definitely no bias regarding this nerf!

Gone Secret Mage! Gone Quest Mage! What’s left: nothing! xD xD xD xD

We love unbiased teams working on this game!

Happy 10 year Anniversary!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

What quest mage is gone? Hooray!

9 Likes

True! Kind Blizzard Entertainment clearing out the despicable Mage deck! :partying_face: :partying_face:

Finally Mage removed from the game!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :heart:

2 Likes

No but got plague DK to destroy with no counter so really fun but destroy mage finally but had many counters.

1 Like

I am not happy that mage doesn’t appear to have any viable decks. Mage is my favorite class. But I very much disliked that Time Warp was it’s only good deck in Wild as well. I am hopeful that a better deck comes along at some point

4 Likes

Mage has not really had a decent deck in years and when they do have one blizzard nerf into the ground all the time.

2 Likes

I am sure a new deck will appear in wild!

I think it’s pretty much obvious this buff is really a nerf to tendrils (in fact deck is outright killed), which mage rarely if never build around.

One deck that isn’t used now that is technically buffed is any deck that wants to use orb as the curve is teeny tiny bit less clunky.

This one does hurt mage more, but similar to above I think it’s more about nature shaman. Along with all the other nerfs to nature shaman, that deck might as well be the closest thing to being killed like tendrils.

Note that the fact shamans got hit so hard kills the old mage whine about how other classes get away with doing things mages did (but got nerfed for).

Don’t play wild so I won’t say more about waygate, but I will say that hey, Zarimi got nerfed too.

For standard, while mage really isn’t buffed a lot, but the fact that other classes got nerfed (to their best decks, they might receive buffs elsewhere) should result in a bigger net gain.

1 Like

Ngl, the meta is better without mage. Mage plays piles of toxic crap, discover, stall, damage from hand, and plays solitaire.

I don’t know why they needed to kick mage while it was down, but I thought mage was in a good spot for the game.

4 Likes

You are forgetting they nerfed a ton of stuff.

This allows more decks to breathe and possibly come to fruition.

By freaking out, you’re basically preemptively saying you can predict the meta and know without a doubt that mage won’t have a deck.

At least wait a week to see what happens.

A lot of the nerfs were very significant.

3 Likes

But more other classes it gets away with the worst thing mage ever has untouch but mage gets nerf to the ground.

1 Like

Snake Oil nerf is a Mage nerf obviously!
How much damage you think a Shaman does with Snake Oil. It’s there for cycle!

True! Nothing better than removing your most popular class from the game! :partying_face: :heart:

Very smart business move also! :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like