macOS, Can't open after patch 19.2.1

I’m trying to open Hearthstone from the launcher in macOS and it’s failing to open. When I try to open the Hearthstone application directly in the Applications folder, it gives this message: ‘You do not have permission to open the application “Hearthstone”. Contact your computer or network administrator for assistance.’

20 Likes

I’m also seeing this issue. And what should be the hearthone app in Applications seems oddly to be a folder structure instead.

2 Likes

I am facing the same situation. Tried to deinstall it and reinstall it again to a new folder. There seems to be no Hearthstone binary in the current patch.

1 Like

Same :expressionless:
Clicking on ‘PLAY’ from the BNET launcher doesn’t open it anymore.

5 Likes

Same, tried to uninstall and reinstall and no luck.

3 Likes

Same here, restarted my computer and updated OS. Still when I click Play it says “Launching” then goes back to a Play button.

2 Likes

Same for me, found an error in logs:
The application cannot be opened for an unexpected reason, error=Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-10826 "kLSNoLaunchPermissionErr: User doesn't have permission to launch the app (managed networks)" UserInfo={_LSFunction=_LSLaunchWithRunningboard, _LSLine=2508, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcb24c13ec0 {Error Domain=RBSRequestErrorDomain Code=5 "Launched process exited during launch." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Launched process exited during launch.}}}
MacOS 11.0.1, Bnet 1.31.0.12601, Bnet Agent 2.23.0.7269, HS 19.2.1.70828

2 Likes

Same issue. MacOS Big Sur

2 Likes

Having the same issue folks. Reinstalled both the game and Battlenet and game refuses to launch.

2 Likes

Having the same issue as reported above, tried all the recommended trouble shooting for the launcher but it didnt help. The game launched fine just before the patch hit.

1 Like

Same issue. Installed update. I click Play, and it thinks about it…nothing happens…and then defaults back to a not-yet-clicked Play button. Did this several times with the same result. Restarted computer, same result.

MacOS 10.15.7.

3 Likes

Tweeted Blizzard and they’re aware and are investigating

4 Likes

the same issue, deleted all files and re-installed both hearthstone and battle.net. Didn’t fix.

1 Like

Same issue here on 10.15.7 catalina. Uninstall–>reinstall didnt help.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report this. This issue appears to be affecting all machines running macOS, and we are investigating the root cause. We will post updates in this thread as they become available.

14 Likes

same. fix that thing ffs

1 Like

No fix for this yet?

1 Like

There’s a problem with re-installing the game as well. After calculating file sizes it just ends the whole download/install process.

1 Like

also experiencing this issue

1 Like

ffs - you screwed it up again, jacob!
instructions - pretty simple, actual scope of work - less than moderate by only having to fix 2 classes, but still…theres more mess, than before - classy jacob!
now off to your room and think about, what you´ve done here to quite a decent amount of players, gamblin´ on macintosh and having nothing left, except clicking on a play button over and over again for no outcome
all we have in these harsh times, is the mighty spliff to kill time and to not think about, what desaster jacob is presenting us here once again
cheers - stay high (except u, jacob)

4 Likes