Login loop, app unusable

As a disclaimer, this is a rant but I’m not actually angry on a personal level at the devs. I’m just incredibly pissed because I tried absolutely everything, and I know for a fact that there’s currently no getaround for the issue. And with that, the rant now starts —

Jesus christ how many complaints does it take for you guys to finally start giving a damn about the fact that the game is literally unusable on certain devices??

The login loop issue has been known by the community for YEARS!!

Why can’t you connect the damn app to the Battle.net app so I can log in there like I do on pc?? Why must you force the Hearthstone app to open another goshdarn window WHICH IMMEDIATELY FORCES THE APP TO RESTART??

At least TRY to address the issue for god’s sakes, I REFUSE to believe you couldn’t make think of a better way than just sitting it out until eventually the problem goes away through a random balance patch!

[rant off]

Seriously though, if someone could explain to me how or why it’s so difficult to make the login process functional on mobile devices, I’d really appreciate that. With all it’s faults and balancing issues I still enjoy Hearthstone a lot and it’d be a shame if I had to leave it for good just because I got no desktop device atm to play on.

User: Ghostdragon: I have this issue on my phone, but I’ve figured out how to avoid it. Hold your phone in landscape position, the same position you’d probably play the game in anyway. If the screen rotates, you’re going to get asked to log in again.

I try this and work! Hope works for you too!