Live service games are a soul killing habit

A good game like a good book leaves an impression, it aspires you to be better and have a new outlook on life.

Now imagine if you took the most stimulating chapter or part of the book and sold it in endless variations over and over and over again. Never exploring outside its warm and comforting boundaries, never taking any risks that might ruin some of the familiar stimulation one might be used to.

This would greatly limit any growth and one would be stuck in an endless loop. This is exactly what live service games are. A warm and comforting friend on the surface, but with malicious desires to suck you dry like a vampire for the slight scraps of joy he might toss at you.

If any of us would still own a hint of self respect we would delete all these “games” permanently and never look back. Kind of like separating with a toxic or manipulative partner or family member. Unfortunately as we all know this imposes to be extremely difficult.

We might think or feel like all our prior effort and resources might go to waste if we cut ties. “It will get better” we try to convince ourselves, and then it will all be worth it. But the truth is it never gets better. The well has been sucked dry and it’s time to move on, but we can’t.
You do not waste anything by calling it quits, even if you spent thousands of dollars and hours. What you waste anything on is by staying trapped in fears and doubts. The game or addiction might have given you joy for the period you expanded these resources and that is fine, live and learn. Now it’s time to move on.

3 Likes

Is this meant to be a public service announcement?

Your opinions are not facts.

What’s the real reason you want me to feel bad for playing a game, & quit?

This is simply a letter of resignation. A letter of hope for any that might struggle the same as I do. My intention is not to make anyone feel bad, even though truth can be uncomfortable, especially if it is true.

Edit: But yes I do encourage anyone reading this to quit any live serivce game or any other addiction for that sake.

1 Like

What struggle. What addiction?
This is nonsense.

Anything that makes one stuck in a loop, and limits growth. Something that one thinks is good but ends up hurting them or others.

1 Like

hes a living meme

2 Likes

I feel you OP. And I don’t think you’re a bad person for expressing what you said in the opening post.

But um if you walk into a bar and speak the truth of alcoholism to the customers there, you’re probably going to have a bad time. So also what Boreas said.

1 Like

It is always better to be laughed at while expressing your opinion than to be a coward that hides behind the majority. I much rather be a meme than some sheep coward.

1 Like