Lightfang Need to be look at

Yeah watching some of the games today I noticed the mistakes I was making when going the Menagerie route and I’ve corrected them and I am noticing the difference in everything…

Problem is so did everyone else, lol

You must be playing at very, very high levels indeed…

Well you can always go Murloc, only thing that can beat a overbuffed menagerie. But you need a lot of murloc, survive to late game, play Shudderwock or get Brann, get Megasaur, give them all DS and poisonous and it may be enough. But that’s a lot of “if”. December 5 will be long way to go to see a breath of fresh air in Battleground.

2 Likes

They think about nerfing amalgam to 2/2, so I can bet lightfang nerf gonna be to 1/1 :rofl:

1 Like

so true. I did a crazy play for greed and thought i will run away as champ.
I played trade prince. Turn 1 alley cat.
Turn 2 i saw 2 alley cat and decided. Buy alley cat get a coin freeze board.
Turn 3 coin level alley cat get a 3/4 mech taunt divine shield.
Thinking this board can minimise damage.
Turn 4 i went tier 3. at 6 mana
Turn 5 i found another alley cat and freeze the board buying a random 3 drop just to minimise damage and get a coin.
Turn 6 is the greed play. Level up use coin buy alley cat get the golden token and found lightfang.
From there on i steamroll almost everyone UNTIL THE FINAL JARAXUS.

Divine shield windfury murloc with poison…

If only they let me meet him earlier and knock him out…

You Face Jaraxus, Eredor Lord of the Murloc Legion!

1 Like

now we know his true alliance. He is secretly in cahoots with the murlocs!

The Lightfang nerf is fair.

As a single card, it simply does too much by itself. Cards like Sensei see play and only buff a single minion. Cards like Zoobot and Menagerie require an Amalgam and a board built for them. The other buffers are simple +2’s or require multiple of one type or multiple taunts.
Lightfang is up to a +8 for all the popular tribe types (doesn’t even need an Amalgam) that can be used over and over. It just does too much. Popping down a single card and forgetting it exists shouldn’t be superior to blowing all 10 mana digging for buffers.

?

What a pointless post.
Why are you always so salty and sarcastic towards other posters.
Bring something yourself instead of belittling other posters,or is that to difficult for you?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m seeing it more. I grabbed a hydra randomly as part of my murlogerie strategy and it payed huge dividends once I got a light fang down.

Probably didn’t need it though, cause I had shudderwock double megasaur.

To be fair though, even at the highest level of play (tide stream), lightfang is still a broken card. He who first found it usually can finish very well.

Anything that wins while you afk between rounds needs to be looked at. Just like my last Nefarian game. Got the Lightfang soon as I hit tavern 4 with a triple and from then on it was get the menagerie build then it was Hero Power and afk until next round to hero power again for an easy first place finish.

One reminder I’ll give and that I’ve noticed a bit lately is getting Lightfang first will not auto-win the game if you rush tiers too fast and surrender your board. Quite a few times I’ve come across a tier 5 hero way too early with a terrible board and low health …and a Lightfang, or worse no Lightfang and knocked them out into 7th-8th out right there.

Be smart about it. It’s certainly an op card but the forums like to exaggerate.

They need to get rid of amalgam or at least make it a 3 star minion.

You tend to not rush to 5, it just becomes who can triplicate find Lightfang at 4.

Lightfang, honestly, isn’t as much of the problem as Amalgam is the core issue because it allows you to pivot to Lightfang without a ton of consequence if you’re building your board correctly in the earlier rounds. Only once upon discover did I not take Lightfang recently and that was fully because Goldrinn was a better option because I had such a good Beast board early.

Got to disagree, in all my recent runs two strategies comes out. The “regular one” where people try to build an actual board while still rushing tier 4 to get a fast shot at lightfang or brann (or something else who fits your tribe). And the other where people just don’t give a f***, take a tons of damage and rush 5 (especially Patchwork and Bartender as I’ve seen) while stacking low triple when they get there and getting huge taunt or so with it. It doesn’t work quite often but when it does, it’s just annoying to take 15+ dmg early because you don’t have the board, even if it’s decent, to go over a specific card.

Anyhow EVERYBODY is just looking for a triple right before upgrading tier 4 and get the lightfang right away and the game just become a russian roulette at this point. Sure sometimes you are trying to build a tribe and don’t want it but there will always 2 or 3 or 4 people that wants it. And then it’s snowball for them or you. How many times I had a more than decent board and just dealt 5 the first time I met a lightfang board then 0 and finally you start taking 10+ dmg on each encounter because you don’t get the good cards for your tribe while their board just keeps growing. 1 run out 10 end by a Lightfang win lately and it’s getting frustrating. Yeah Amalgam is strong but I have won many times without it in a Lightfang Menagerie. You will always have one poisonous murloc, put it in the right place and the rest of your board will do the trick. And if you need one more poisonous late game there is always Maexxna. One poisonous and one big cleave is enough in most cases anyway.

Once again, the Junkbot nerf created all this “mayhem” allowing people to be less punished rushing tier in the mid game. Can’t wait for the 5th of december, love the mode but it really feels one sided lately.

1 Like

BG is lightfang bingo until nerf

1 Like

Yeah, just nerf Lightfang to Tier 6, and games will be more interesting. If you rush to Lightfang then, you will have a higher chance of dying before it returns you value.

While we’re at it, simply nerf Amalgram to Tier 3 and it will be balanced/similar value to other Tier 3 units.

light fan is pure trash u can just sit on tier 4 and fish for it u get ? WEEEE EASY TOP 4 honestly fix your trash game

either move it up a tier to tier 6 or make the buffs +1 +1

2 Likes

Tier 6 will too late and destroy the card. Making it T5 and only +1/+1 I think also rekts it. The balance might be making it tier 4 and +1/+1 so its better than sensei once you have 3 working.