Lightfang Need to be look at

So I’m really enjoying Battlegrounds but even with the new buffs on Demon on Murloc one “strategy” is still way above the others : get an early lightfang. This card singlely carries to a top 2 easily. You get this on triple while being on tier 4 you can usually sell your board even buffed to go menagerie. Lately all my top 1/2 ended in Lightfang vs Lightfang. This card is a bit too powefull at the moment and can deny every well built mech/beast/demon/murloc if you don’t have the perfect picks for your archetype. I have no idea what to about this, you can’t put it on tier 6 or it won’t be played and letting it do just +1/+1 may be a bit harsh but they seriously need to take a look it at this card.

I don’t know if people share the same thought and some feedback would be nice. (Btw I’m currently in a run fighting for the top spot in a Lightfang vs Lightfang)

Edit : Run which I won with an overbuffed Rockpoll, Amalgam and a slightiest buffed Mal’ganis, Maexxna, Triple Foe Reaper and some not buffed single Ghastcoil and Kangor. And this happens a lot lately. On my last 5 top 1 (and it was yesterday), 3 of them were Lightfang Menagerie. Lightfang early equal top 2 at least.

2 Likes

just thinking out loud… what about +1/+2? kinda split the difference and since most people want hp anyway it’ll get tons of play still… it would be REAL nice to say give demons +2damage, mechs and murlocs +1/+1, and beasts +2health… but thats not gonna happen… so

Lightfang is second most op card after amalgum I think.

1 Like

Yeah but like you said HP are much more valuable right now so it won’t make a big difference. You will usually have a random murloc and amalgam which will have poisonous (because Lightfang will carry you long enough to Find poisonous), a Golem/Cobalt/Foe as a mech which you can easily buff in attack with Replicating Menace or Metaltooth and a Mal’Ganis/Annihilian/Voidlord as a demon which are trash late in most cases and are just here do to some extra tanking/damage. Nerfing the damage will only impact something like Hydra because it has only one reliable buff since you won’t usually give it taunt (Maexxna just it mainly a one hit poisonous so HP and ATK doesn’t really matters).

I may be wrong, it may be enough to slow enough the early impact of Lightfang but I have some doubts. Maybe +1/+1 should be the right thing to do after all. Virmin Sensei give +2/+2 to a single minions at tier 4, Lightfang giving +1/+1 to four minions doesnt seems this bad now that I think about it. The triple of it will be less gamebreaker than the current version.

Or somehow dont make it discoverable on a triple when you are tier 4. The main issue is to find it early. But this would be against “the rule of the game” I guess.

I got a gold one early and knew the game was over and it was. I never even sold it at end battle. Easy number 1

Yeah, I completely feel like you have no shot at first unless you get one (maybe two) Amalgams and at least one Lightforged. It makes for boring games of who can get to it first.

And along the same lines, why is Pack Rat tier two and the 3/3 wolf tier three? I would never play the wolf over rat. They need to be swapped, and Hyena needs to be bumped up one just like Junk Bot was.

2 Likes

Yep, got 3 second places today, each time lost to lightfang. Got 1 first place, guess how? Lightfang. Stupid card.

Also, now with mechs shifting slightly from midgame toward lategame, there’e even less punishment to early lightfang highrollers…

And the randomness behind getting it can be extremely frustrating. I had Rat King, and rushed to five while making thorough use of the hero power to put as many stats on board as I could. I was the first one to five by a turn. Next turn, only one other person took five. But for the next six turns until I was eliminated in third, I was never offered the card a single time. But lo and behold, the guy that finished me, and probably won the game, had a GOLDEN one. Go figure.

Then of course, in another game I’m offered two of them, but my board was in no way built for it and I took my time getting to five.

Health buff is actually more valuable, why not +2/+1 ?

+1/+2 seems like same level broken as +2/+2

I actually wanted to say +1/+1 is ok, but that might result in too situational card: highroll and you still runaway with buffs, but late fang would be unplayable… I guess?

I think the card is fine,its op at lower levels who play slower and who give it plenty of time to get all the value. But against better players who build threatening boards very fast it is not so easy to play while staying alive unless you manage to get it very early. But if you get it very early then any other 5 drop would probably also win you the game.

A smaller buff would make it unplayable in almost any situation.

1 Like

How is it fine then? Highroll cards are bad for the mode. There’s no other such card, (even amalgam, though I still agree its the most broken card), that straight wins you games if you tripple into t5 and get it.

if you have 2 units to buff (which you most probably do, and not that hard to get 3) lightfang is a 6/6 stats ON THE SAME TURN you buy it. Which is SLIGHTLY below average in stats for t5…

Disagree with this as well. imho even at +1/+1 its gonna be broken if you get it early.

Well like I said in my second post “the main issues is to get it early”. And no other 5 drop can carry you this easily. Brann is ok but you need two spot on the board for it and specific drops to make it work. And now that Junkbot is Tier 5 its much more harder to go late with mechs. Lightfang is the only “must pick” card. His value is above any other card right now.

1 Like

on another thread i saw people saying menagerie decks arent good in this one they are OP…

did they change anything lately to buff it ?

I suppose witnessing a Menagerie comp high- and steamroll everyone else can be disheartening.
Unless it’s your setup.
Coldlight Seer being tier 2 now is a pretty big deal.

I don’t think Amalgam is that OP unless you don’t get one fairly early in a lobby, lol.

Early Lightfang is ridiculously busted and has hard carried me to 1st quite a few times. (There’s a reason I buy Shifters whenever I seem them early - maybe Shifter is the real OP card, lol)

1 Like

Menagerie aren’t op. Lightfang is. And with the nerf to Junkbot it has make Lightfang stronger. Mechs take more time to be efficient. Demon are better but still need some good luck with the drops. Even with the buffed health Murloc still struggles to go late. And beast well is still beast. So no matter where you sit, when you hit a triple tier 4 on lightfang or see it as soon you hit rank 5 it’s pretty much a secured podium if not more.

5 runs today no matter where I finished it always ended up on who had the Lightfang first. Last game a Yogg who has just upgrade to tier 4 gets a triple and gets lightfang, faced him in 3 games out of 5 after that, lost the three and ended my run. Sums up my day.

When you got it, it just allows you to play at a much slower pace on the drops while upgrading tier faster. You can just reroll to find triple and stack buff in your hand for the lategame. Like the Yogg did last game or like I did quite a few times, if you are lucky enough to get it really early on tier 4, you upgrade right away to tier 5 and then you stack buff and look for triple to get tier 6 minions and gently replace the worst part of your board with them. It’s the only card that makes you able to not look for stronger minions for a long period of time. You are stonger every turn even if you find nothing and keep all the buff in hand for the last game. With Brann you have at least to be proactive in your turn and buy and sell a lot. With lightfang you can just sit on your board and stack and it will be enough.

Since the patch all I’ve seen is lightfang. Sure I’ve made top 1 once with Murloc and Demon but otherwise is has been lightfang all over the place and it has the ability to hard punish people who are just slightly behind. I will play more today to see how it goes but so far it has been like this.

(PS : I’m not mad at it because I’ve lost to it a few times. It gave me as much win as it bringed me loss. I just think it is an issue.)

Lightfang is too much value over the game and you can always use it on your board to ping off a shield or space apart taunts so its actually not worthless on the board either but moving it to tier 6 might make it crap. Maybe just +1/+2 is answer. It needs something balanced.

All my loss and my wins except 2 came from Lightfang today. Only other archetype which bring a top 1 and loss to got top 2 was murloc. I don’t know what it is but it seems that nerf on Junkbot really switch the “meta”. Hope they will do something about it quickly.

1 Like

Amalgam is the problem IMO. It would be hard to build a good menagerie board without Amalgam to fill the gaps.
A lot of games come down to how well you can buff an Amalgam; Lightfang is just very efficient since it hits multiple Amalgams and some other minions multiple times.

1 Like

the real issue with battlegrounds is the tribe setup. rat king and daryl are kind of the only chars who can get away with a true “menagerie” of minions. the rest of the pack rely ALMOST ENTIRELY on going beasts with mama bear, rat pack, and deathrattle snake; or alternatively demon, demon, demon.

a good beast draw will almost every time place near the top, as will even a mediocre draw of demons. mechs need a perfect draw to compete. but lightfang enforcer himself is kind of a meh card. it’s nice if you get it pre-turn 4, but it’s really not great after everyone has already got their synergies going.