Lightfang Need to be look at

Lightfang is OP. Make it Tier 6.

I find myself staying at Tier 5 wanting Lightfang more than other Tier 6 units and have no want to go Tier 6.

We need a troll video of somebody hitting the nuts with gold lightgang and 2 more lightfang early with whatever minions they want to buff then going afk and winning. Would be so troll

Not even sure it would be a troll video, cause that’s pretty much how you win with lf. yesterday I had 2 lightfangs on board, and was just rolling all my gold for entire lategame. Ended up with 5 cards in hand. Lfs were too good to replace for anything anyway.

:SeemsBalancedMan:

which heroes are able to get lightfang early game ?

Well… Everyone who gets a triple at tier 4 or even on a lucky Zerus.

one game i had 10 cards in hand, 10! There was a triple card offered but i cant buy it bc my hand was full.

1. Had to sell a board card
  2. Play card from hand to board
  3. Sell the new board card
  4. Buy the new triple card.

This mechanic is retarded. Blizz should really look at the design of these user interactions and the convulated hoops user have to go through to take the intended action.

Add to this the long animations and the stupid inconsistent timer. These issues really take away from the enjoyment of the game.

1 Like

Yeah I think its time for Lightfang to get the nerf. Just looking at the tournament just about every if not every top finish was a Lightfang build of some kind and the games were not even close unless the 2nd guy was also Lightfang build.

I just take a glance at it. I guess they will see the issue with it with this tournament. Kolento Killing a 12/323 without poisonous because lightfang is giving him such and unbeatable board. Already know whos gonna win this round. Gonna need some balance on this card quickly.

Edit : Nevermind Surrender had a better Lightfang and Brann. 3 Lightfang decks in the top 4 on the only round I watch, what a surprise.

1 Like

You realize it’s already confirmed that Lightfang is getting tweaked in the next patch, right?

196 votes and 58 comments so far on Reddit

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/dzcibl/lightfang_enforcer_will_be_nerfed_in_the_december/f877s18/?context=10

1 Like

I’m guessing most people didn’t realize that, hence the conversation. It’s a good thing they are keeping people up to date though in Twitch chat.

2 Likes

Didn’t knew, ty for the info.

1 Like

How could anyone realize when only specific places are given info on the game instead of the official forums?

3 Likes

My guess for lightfang nerf is either tier 6 which rekts it or change to +1/+1.

Most of my matches don’t go on long enough for light fang to be too relevant. By the time you hit tier 5, you don’t have time to be buffing minions and have a dead card on deck that takes 4 turns to have an impact.

Occasionally this happens if the final four drag on.

You are unlucky. Most games one of the players at tav 4 will get a triple and hit lightfang and then steamroll everyone. Its getting nerfed dec 5. its ironic in that lightfang really might not be the problem card and would be perfectly ok if amalgam wasn’t in the game making it so easy to get the value and then a shield as well or three shields in the case of curator.

In theory I agree that the core issue is Amalgam, They’re going to make Malgam a 2/2 which will increase the risk of taking the card in the early game but we’ll need ot see if it changes the end issue.

Literally today’s stream turned into, more or less, Brann and/or Lightfang carrying Menagerie decks above everything else. Every once in awhile something else challenged at the end game but that is what everyone, with $s on the line, seemed ot originally be gunning for.

nah. Lightfang IS the problem. I got a win as Jarax yesterday cause I was the only player with lf. No amalgams.
Early lf makes 1/1 cat into a beast XD (and 2/1 tidehunter into a murloc)

Amalgam let synergy sticks. Put the 4 most values card each tribe will be hydra, battlemaster, warleader? And cobalt guardian perhaps. Then one lightfang give them +8/+8 but you don’t get any synergy, especially the warleader will just be some random card with stats line and you may not get the time to grow with this build. Take warleader and guardian away and put in 2 amalgam and wow its super good now each amalgam can still be poison divine taunt. That’s the real value.

Yep 2 games tonight and the top-4 (including me) were all going Menagerie either through Brann or Lightfang. Maybe Beast can break it a bit but as I think anyone who watched today saw… Menagerie is the best strategy.

Yep I used to go all beast (my best tribe), took some beating after patch and now going all managerie and won 3 in a row lol.