Lich King Signature Cards Were Actually Good

I think I read somewhere that Blizzard felt like the signature cards in that set were a mistake but honestly I thought they were actually SUPER cool and was more disappointed with the ones from Legends.

I want more like the ones we saw from Lich in the future. And I do like the card text still being on the card for signatures, but I wouldn’t mind it if some sets had full art cards and others didn’t. I don’t see why we can’t honestly have both.

Yes, I agree! I liked the original signature cards. The new ones are fine, but I really wish the text was on them.

1 Like

I hope we get full art Diamond Cards.

1 Like

Yeah I never fully understood the hate around these cards. I personally liked them.

1 Like

Rarran just didn’t like them and the sheep followed after.

You are in a very small group of people who actually like them. The rest absolutely hated these ink blobs. I would also be curious to see how many Blizzard Employee’s like them. Cuz I’d imagine it would have the same like/hate ratio.

I’m just curious to know where the stats are suggesting that the majority of people hate them. I’m sure Blizzard has some insight to it but MTG has added new black and white alternate artwork cards have been pretty popular within that game.

I’m speculatively going to say that they’re not as unpopular as people might think, but that’s something Blizzard would know more about. I’m just highlighting that I think they’re dope and I hope we get more like them in the future, even if adjusted.

Your reply tells me one of two things, you either don’t pay attention, or you have not played this game long enough and have not done your research before commenting.

Do your research. Blizzard issued an Apology for the Lich King Signature cards acknowledging that they failed to live up to the expectations they promised. Streamers made videos on it, websites such as Hearthstone top decks wrote articles about it.

The majority of players were not happy with these cards. Why? Because they were terrible.

Even Hearthstone devs addressed the issue on their twitter accounts.

1 Like

Extremely condescending response and even more presumptuous. I am aware of the response made by Blizzard, it was referenced to if you actually bothered reading the OP.

That said, STREAMERS being the sole indication of whether or not a product failed is not a good metric. The metric Blizzard has on hand is not something they’ve shown us; ergo, the number of gold packs bought and if there’s some survey I missed. Additionally, there are forum posts. Hey, this is a forum post. This contributes to the statistic.

No need to be insufferable over someone on the forums literally saying, ‘hey I liked these art designs. Can we get more of these in the future?’ You sound like you have a lot of friends.

If you took my response as condescending, that is all on you. You are trying to imply that the lich king signature cards were not as unpopular as some are saying they were.

I mentioned many resources for you to follow up with that can verify that the lich king signature cards were not recevied well by the hearthstone community. You can choose to look at it or not, that is completely up to you. However, at the end of the day, it does not change the fact that they were a failure, and while some did enjoy the way they looked, the majority did not. The developers of hearthstone directly addressed this issue and acknowledged that they did not meet the expectation that they were trying to achieve with these cards.

Really? lol, do you always let your ego get so bruised?

You’re replying sounding pressed tbh. Only bruised ego is yours getting bent out of shape over card artwork

lol, okay. If that’s what you want to belive.