Lets Talk About Tiller

You hit the nail on the head. Some people are definitely delusional in their own thoughts.

You clearly do not know what “Oppressive” means sir. The deck is not oppressive, it is unbalanced, annoying and otherwise a cancer deck that Blizzard should have properly prepared for and saw coming…but Oppressive…not even close.

How is this not the definition of oppressive? Forcefully pigeonholing players into a narrow archetype of three main aggro decks (only 1 of which is highly favored against Tiller) while choking out anything that goes past 10 mana is considered oppressive. I know what oppressive decks look like. You, on the other hand, can’t recognize an oppressive deck even if it choked the game for an entire expansion.

3 Likes

Because its not the deck that is doing that, its the players who refuse to play anything else and are exploiting a broken deck. Oppressive would imply Blizzard made that deck and that deck only, all of the other cards just disappeared…the better word would be an abused deck for sure, but not oppressive because Blizzard nor Hearthstone have any control over how other players actually play the cards they create. That is how it is not the definition of oppressive.

People aren’t playing the deck solely cause it’s this novel idea that seems fun and exciting. No, People are also playing it because it literally can win games on turn 6 and 7 fairly consistently, with only a few decks like Darkglare Tiller Warlock and Secret Mage being the main viable contenders against Priest.

The developer’s intent to create a deck that is strong has nothing to do with whether or not the deck is oppressive. It’s the fact that the deck is objectively strong and chokes out a large number of decks with unrealistic counterplay on their part. It takes the role of what of pre nerf Quest Mage did, forcing games to aim to be a heavy aggressive play style, some of which are not even good enough to be a hard counter.

Some can argue that the deck is not actually that good, but based on what I’ve seen, the deck feels high T1 and destroys decks like Razakus and Big Priest like they are nothing. If it requires only Secret Mage and Darkglare while it completely pushes out Wild icons like Big Priest and Razakus which have been heavy Wild contenders, that to me is pretty oppressive.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the devs didn’t realize this interaction (OTK) was possible.

3 Likes

I know, what I mean is the any intention to create an archetype in general is not a category in defining oppression. It’s a set of specific results (which I’ve described in previous posts) that go beyond being just strong.

1 Like

tiller is a 3-4 card win con that any priest or warlock can run that gives you a certain win con by turn 7 meanwhile you can do anything else. other combosneed you to build around them.
and you need to restart the client even if the combo doesnt kill you, or else they skip your turn. fun mechanic.
tiller combo is broken and needed to be patched the very hour it came out

1 Like

people were warning them directly the moment the card was revealed before release.

1 Like

And the reason is because the deck is cheap and doesn’t require legendaries. If it were expensive, the nerf would have been delayed because, you know, they would need more data.

well yes, because it was a mistake and they never intended that interaction, else it would have been promoted and they would have sought a way to benefit economically from it

1 Like

It’s impossible to prevent certain interactions in Wild. They knew about the interaction. They just thought it would be done on turn 10 or the deck that plays it has a lot of legendaries and epics.

New patch is announced: Tiller OTK will be dead tomorrow. RIP

3 Likes

That almost sounds like… a meta :scream:

Wait… the deck has counters? NERF IT! NERF IT! I DON"T LIKE LOSING TO IT BUT I DON’T WANT TO PLAY THE COUNTER DECKS! UNPLAYABLE! GET THIS DECK OUT OF MY SIGHT! I’M THE IMPORTANT PLAYER, NOT YOU! WILD SHOULD ONLY BE RENO PRIEST, SECRET MAGE AND BIG PRIEST! I WANNA STAY HERE FOREVERRRR!!!

Remember kids, if you’re having trouble making a logical argument, just resort to name calling. :slight_smile:

I’m very good at clicking the ‘view activity’ button too! So far I’ve learned that you have very healthy bowel movements and you like Starcraft. I think you spend too much time on forums though :grimacing:

I have learned that telling facts and information to people who are dumb doesn’t change the fact that they’re still dumb. Why be redundant when the information was already presented? If you wanted a logical argument presented, you could have read the many posts above. Instead, you made a just as incoherent post as you claim mine to be.

This is why stupid people should have no say in game design.

2 Likes

only 1 day left make sure you had your fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t realize you were a game designer. Anything that I’ve heard of?

Surprised you haven’t been banned in all honesty. Most of your comments aren’t constructive and incite pointless arguments where you start acting out and throwing little tantrums.

1 Like

Not a game designer. Never claimed to be. I’m a customer that uses a product and shares his opinion on that product. You don’t need to call other people idiots because they don’t share your almighty view for how Hearthstone should be played. Most veteran players will tell you that this nerf was an overreaction caused by a vocal minority on twitter.

What you stated was opinion. The deck had counterplay and the only glaring issue which should have been fixed was the skipping turns issue. Dirty rat is viable. Coldlight is viable. Even Unseen Saboteur may have been viable (given time for the meta to adapt).

Also, saying it’s not fair to rely on tech cards isn’t viable in the Wild Meta, where 3 main decks dominate the space. If Reno Priest is popular and you value life, you better run Wizard + Finley. Big Priest Meta? Run the taunt that pollutes their pool. Secret Mage? Play Eater of Secrets.

Your argument is incredibly biased and no matter what I say, I’m not going to change your mind. You’re not a game designer (as much as you may want to be). I hope you turn your passion for video games into something more productive