Less trash on Mercenaries Please

Why I am I not surprised.

Holy light, give somebody a chance to respond before you go to 11 and make accusations that they are “REFUSING TO ELABORATE!”

Those who act as spokespersons or promoters for the company are really going overboard in their attack mode settings.

Of course, but trying to capture that feel in a mode that’s already so grindy could be done better. Especially with fights that are already slogfests, it’s just tedious in a mode that clearly had so little testing and thought put into it aside from “how do we steal peoples’ money with as little work on our end as possible?”

Not entirely true: it’s designed to try and separate as much of peoples’ money from them as possible.

5 Likes

I like the idea that the trash stays clear until you’ve beaten the boss. If you made it there, you can clearly do the trash. It’s the same argument as in WoW. Too much trash is just time consuming, and tedious.

My boyfriend loves Mercenaries. He plays every day. There are people that like it. Those people would like to see some love towards it and QoL changes. The quest tracks not being random will help. As will the coins being tradeable. The maps themselves/amount of trash in them needs to be looked at.

2 Likes

:rofl: Brilliant knowledge of the game. Actually, that you can’t even spell the zones properly is a lesser problem in this ‘analysis’.

:rofl: :rofl: Yeah. :smirk: What am I doing wrong, I wonder, being able to beat every boss with strategy.

Some bosses, especially heroic ones, are difficult on a budget — true. These, however, are an exception, and it’s much more F2P-friendly nowadays ---- I’ve written a lot about it, no desire to repeat myself.

:rofl: How true for much of what’s going on on this forum in general.

Aren’t you assuming too much? I wouldn’t underestimate the aggressive ‘ignorance is strength’ attitude, which appears to be so common nowadays, especially among the victims of ‘modern educayshun’: ‘I’ve got no clue about anything, and doing some research, reading or even web searching is clearly beneath me, so you must explain the same thing to me again — and preferably in no more than 30 characters (more makes me head hurt), lest me get angry and smash! Me no stupid, me no like you, you stupid! lol lmao azazaza rofl !!1111’

I would apply the principle of Occam’s or Hanlon’s razor here and first assume… incompetence, to put it politely, rather than their being ‘shills’.

Considering how they often mess up with even simpler coding, this would probably be challenging for them to implement, since it would require a revision of how maps are done in general. What I suggested with the blue portal would be a quicker fix.

Otherwise, though, an interesting idea, although I’m reluctant to say immediately how I feel about it — it would probably require some consideration. The problem is, if you remove all obstacles for trying the boss again and again, this would not encourage planning and preparation much. Come to think of it, it wouldn’t make test-running a boss (for figuring out a consistent strategy or even making a guide) easier either, if it’s still a long way to the boss. Thus I’m more inclined towards an optional shortcut of some kind to the boss as a better solution.

I could argue against that. Old Winterspring, Alterac and some newer zones featuring, for example, the old doppelgangsters used to be quite challenging — sometimes more than the boss itself — and required a bit of luck for certain parties.

Do you mean the bounty maps?

You’ve raised an interesting issue here about randomness in general. The appeal of this mode, especially PvE, for me has been its deterministic nature, when the outcome of a battle and so on is determined by strategy, not randomness and luck. The (unannounced!) change that they did with speed ties was a great step in that direction, in my opinion — no more coin flips in certain fights, however, with some recent bosses in Darkmoon (most notably, Yogg, the Babbling Book, some others to a certain extent), we’ve seen the opposite trend. I hope Mercenaries don’t go into that very same direction that traditional HS if so infamous for.

As for maps, some randomness of fights is probably a good thing: you’re not getting the same experience each time, besides, you can re-roll if a certain encounter is a problem for your particular party. As for map structure (including that proposition about a possible portal, yes — not to sound narcissistic about it, hopefully :grinning: ) and the ‘Mystery’ node, you’ve got a point here, I’d say.

(Some parts added)

with the mysterious stranger being removed the blue portal chances will increase
that should help you

No, just seeing that particular post, almost verbatim (and many like it) spammed whenever someone dares question the sacred company or its devs.

I would dismiss this as ‘paranoia’, to put it colloquially, but after reading the post above by the same author, I’m beginning to see your point. I’ll still be cautious with conclusions — I’d prefer to draw them based on solid facts, — but there is room for assumptions here.

I wish instead of such ‘spokespersons or promoters’ — regardless of who they are and their intentions — we would actually have proper communication on known issues, which, alas, doesn’t always happen, as the linked example indicates.

PS

Any proof of that? If that were the case, that would be new.

1 Like

they are reworking how we get task next update#Task progress will be determined by the Mercs actively in your Party at that time"
unless they add new taks for him to give to you im guessing hell be removed

So that’s your guess and not a fact — let’s mark this and not mislead anyone.

1 Like

Have to wait 4 tomorrow for final details anyhow. MS could be gone(just a guess) or change as per new day tasks that will be implemented. More blue portals to the boss or a change(repeat the boss fight by paying some coins) when you die to a harcore fight after a long run could be the right approach(one can only hope)…

I’m more surprised by the fact that there are still people playing Mercs. The entire mode was good for about 1-2 weeks after release. Once they nuked progress it was time to run. It’s only reason for existing is to be a quick cash-grab.

It’s a very grindy mode with no depth or creativity. An uninspired version of Rock-Paper-Scissors with a punishing reward system. They even managed to botch the PvP system within it. This should have been an easy no-brainer mode to build upon, but they haven’t. They just continue to add new cards and expect people to keep handing them money for nothing.

As far as CCG’s go, there are a lot out there that do it a lot better than Hearthstone. People stuck with HS because of the whole “It’s F2P. You don’t have to spend money.” theme it had for a short time. Those days are gone. The sooner players accept that fact the better off they will be. It’s okay to try something new and move on to greener pastures.

3 Likes

how ? i never heard of them doing this

That’s way too generous.

This. SOOOOOOOOOOO much this!

Sadly, true. I only regret that I have but one upvote to give.

1 Like

About a month after going live they came out with a hotfix that completely changed the leveling potential because people were getting them to 30 and grinding to task 7 quicker than a hiccup. The Mysterious Stranger nodes were altered, lowering the rate at which you could get tasks.

Granted, it made the mode cruise-control, and you could max out quickly, but the end result was a major balance issue for those players vs anyone who was not around for those first couple weeks or so. Within a couple days of release many of us had hit level 30 on all our mercs and had their T7 equipment unlocked. Everyone who has come into the mode since has been on that slowwww grind.

1 Like

not a question of whats being done wrong…just that most heroic fight require a specific team composition and some case its truly up to treasures to make it beatable at all(be my guess and try to prove me wrong by beating all heroics fights with the worse possible treasures ;)…)…ya got youtube at your disposition to upload(dont need to write anything about it)

also good for you if you got a solid memory to remember every name right, maybe you remember 100% of the lore too in its finest details >_>

maybe that could be a solution, if you clear the trash without beating the boss you have the option to go straight to the boss until it’s been beaten.

1 Like

yes 5x ressurect portal before every boss :rofl: :woman_facepalming:

I like this idea.

Someone asked if I meant bounties. In regards to randomness. I meant that the upcoming pack will let you choose who’s quests you’re doing by who’s in your party.

Someone else asked why people still play Mercenaries. I’d suggested HS to my bf, as he was working a job with a lot of down time and was bored. He felt overwhelmed getting into normal HS. There’s a LOT of card terminology to learn now as a new player. He found the rock, paper, scissors strategy easy enough to jump into.

He asked me to play Mercenaries, this brings us back to my og post. Playing through Mercenaries was more fun when my Mercs were weaker/lower level because it played faster.

There’s a reason people make decisions quickly based on doing rock, paper, scissors it’s fast paced.

1 Like

my solution is easy: 3-4 turns to boss is enough

Sassy fox icon person, if you’re actually a community rep, you should care about feedback from people like my bf. He’s one of the new players you need to keep this game alive.

3 Likes

Actually there’s no communication whatsoever in this forum because(??). Mods if any are passive and trolls derail threads all the time without prejudice, though that troll is the one telling us there’s somehow people here representing Blizz for some unknown reason or sick rethoric. The thread initially was pretty vague you had to explain(elaborate) what you meant.

But to the point like mentioned before spending a few coins 4 another retry at the boss(as another mobile games do) may be the desire solution, specially when you are after unlocking heroic equipment.