Legends of Runeterra Experience. Compared

HS FTP: Average ftp play (an hour or so, 2-4 days a week) will net you 2-3 packs a week. To get the best cards, you need 40ish packs ( Edit: Sadly its up to 70+ packs now I hear) opened for a legendary, and the majority of those are terrible and useless. Packs mainly give duplicate commons which are nearly worthless crafting wise.
LoR FTP: You get at least one champion OF YOUR CHOICE a week just by average play from your vault. The Vault often gives an additional random champion in its other prize chests. The vault also rewards about 20ish random cards, about what youd get from buying HS packs. As if thats not enough, you also get the equivalent of an arena run for free from the vault, which also awards at minimum a chest with half a dozen cards including an epic card.
All wins and 10 losses a day contribute to your region xp. in an average week you unlock 3 rewards (usually a loot chest and a few packs of wildcards) per region, more if they have a randomly chosen per week xp buff.
Wildcards you earn are INCREDIBLY useful compared to HS crafting as you can hoard them till you want to make a deck and need a few missing cards. In addition you get shards for all duplicate cards recieved (auto-dusted) that allow you to craft 1-1.5 champion cards a week. Thus LoR is FAR kinder for FTP, with most paid rewards being cosmetic. (AS THEY SHOULD BE BLIZZARD)

1 Like

I dont think hearthstone is expensive. At least not in comparison to most card games. I think people just want to have every deck. Just because LoR has a cool free to play model doesnt make hearthstone bad. Its cheaper than when i played Yugioh or Magic.

3 Likes

STOP gravedigging threads. You have a perspective on how HS should be. The only bad thing is it punishes you for low participation otherwise you can have 40+ packs every expansion. WAIT I forgot you are one of the the causals who plays 5 minutes a month. There is no SHOULD bes, Blizzard monetize their game however they want, and 50% people still pay a minimum of $10. HS juice more money from people, no matter how you feel, if people pay, Blizzard is good at monetization, they donā€™t need money from one player, they serve the majority.

all i am sayin is hearthstone needs a star craft expansion first class medic.

So apparently, do you. And apparently, your perspective is somehow better? LOL What a hypocrit. The majority of people in these forums feel the same or these posts wouldnt exist.

I am saying your opinion isnā€™t necessarily better than mine. Many people disagrees with you actually. Blizzard can monetize the game however you donā€™t like and still earn money. I am telling your there isnā€™t ā€œSHOULD besā€ in game design, there is no strict audience, as long as players are engaged and are paying, the game is monetizing the game good. This is a fact in game design, the HS method is controversial, but your opinion isnā€™t the best.

No my opinion is that you are an idiot and is certainly spot on for that. There are TWO HUNDRED PLUS PAGES of people feeling that HearthSucks needs to work toward being more like other TCGs so I didnt pull it out of thin air like you are.

1 Like

No, half of them are disagreeing and arguing against HS sucks and the generosity of LoR. Some are just neutral people believe both games are good. Only a small portion of kids (18 years and under, they said their ages in another thread) attempted to use their immature minds in attempt of attacking the forums and advertising another game. And only 1% use the forums, even if 1000 people here are going against HS this barely says anything, but it even isnā€™t :joy:
Now you can leave and stop gravediggingā€¦ this thread is supposed to be dead, even the LoR fans decided to enjoy their game instead of shouting.
And HS is a CCG, with many different modes, LoR has a big difference in the main mechanics.

No I think I like hanging around, and man do you ever seem to like being belittled. Isnt there some operation to can get to fix that? I hear they are doing wonders with ā€œbigheadremovalfromassā€ surgery these days.

Keep gravedigging till the OP brings the same arrogant argument, go ahead. Nobody will care and eventually you will give up. HS is not dying, nor would it change for 0.001% of players like you. You are spending effort and write essays on something useless. And I donā€™t care about anything or anyone here, these forums are dead to begin with :joy:

LOL you are hilarious! This is fun so I hate to take off but iā€™m sure if you keep massaging those Blizzard Balls they wont stay blue forever. Keep up the fight precious!

I have a question if anyone who plays LoR would care to help me in deciding if I want to try the game.

Iā€™m a draft guy, itā€™s literally the main thing that matters in my decision to start playing new ccgs. How often per week would I be able to draft in LoR without paying?

For reference; I draft about twice a week on MtGA (I could draft the inferior AI mode 4 times a week but quality over quantity) and I have enough gold banked so Iā€™ll be able to draft Scholomance 38 times on my NA and EU accounts.

7 times, if you have the time. If you would like to join one of the LoR praising cults on the forums, you can. But I suggest you go to Reddit for more info and suggestions. LoR draft works like this:
-two trials (or attempts)
-every time you win you can swap out a card, every two win you choose a champion
-the decks builds like Dungeon Runs in HS, cards are from specific pools
-you can always retire and claim, before ending the trails and games
-slightly harder to earn another free entry, it would require you to play the actual game, I only play this mode once in a while if I have enough shards, you will be earning some good cards.
And for more details and advice PLEASE move on to Reddit for discussions.

Okay, thanks, Iā€™ll check the LoR reddit.

You get 1 draft ticket every week.

You can use 2000 shards (dust equivalent) to join a draft. The problem is that you canā€™t DE to get extra shards.

You canā€™t trade XP (gold equivalent) into draft tickets.

So you can do 2-3 drafts every week if you dump all resources into it.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve read, the number of Expeditions are capped at 3 per week with rewards, and you can also play a version of the mode without rewards.

How much constructed do you have to play to earn that number of shards?

I have never used any of mine. I have 30k after 2 months.

I play about 5-8 games each day. But remember you canā€™t DE so you wonā€™t get many shards from quads initially.

I might check it out at some point, but my draft schedule is pretty stacked at the moment with Scholomance releasing on Thursday and Amonkhet Remastered out next week and Zendikar Rising coming out in late September/early October.

doesnā€™t every draft come with 2 drafts where you get the rewards for what ever draft did better, plus a guaranteed champ. how many arena runs do you think someone can earn in a week? 5 or 6? seems about the same to me. of course you can do more if you win, but that is true for both games.

Let him play 24/7, he will soon be addicted to having a full collection he will start to advertise it hereā€¦