Legends of Runeterra Experience. Compared

I think that after you aggregate everything LOR does provide more value for the grind.

But on top of that you are opening rewards almost every day whereas in Hearthstone you might not open anything other than TB packs for a whole month. It’s all fine and dandy now, but what happens when you can’t bank rewards for new expansion day? You probably want to spend money on Wild Cards.

If you buy roughly 80 packs each expansion then you have enough dust and cards to get all or most of the meta decks.

I average roughly 80-100 packs each expansion depending on how much arena i feel like playing. I have roughly 15k dust atm and am able to pick from more then 10 different competetive decks to play without crafting cards.

I have spent no real money on cards for HS. All it takes is dust and gold management and atleast completing quest roughly every third day. My strategy for managing my collection does however require a year of taking it cool and not getting that many decks.

I have played the game since the beta but that is not rly the reason I have soo much dust as I still havn’t dusted my old wild cards and adventure cards which is prolly like 100k in dust.

Soo any statement saying ”You have to grind for weeks just to get a budget deck playing hearthstone” for a person playing since release is just ludacris. The initial hurdle is still a problem but with a little thinking Anyone playing 1-2 hours a week will get enough free dust and gold from the game to have atleast 5 competetive decks for the current expansion. This also depends on how many classes has viable decks. Sometimes just 1-2 classes have playable decks and If Thats the case you Will regardless of playing or being F2p have few good decks.

Don’t know how hard or easy it is in LoR as I havn’t played it but with how easy it has been for me with getting decks in HS I have a hard time seeing it could be much easier in LoR unless you are given all the cards or most of them straight away. Which for me feels rly boring for a TCG. One of the reasons I play TCG is the fun in collecting the cards.

How fun would it be to play WoW and be handed the highest lvl character with all the best gear?

1 Like

The OP laments that Hearthstone has more content than in 2015 and therefore isn’t able to obtain a greater share of the overall content.

There’s quite a few completionists that feel the same way as the OP.

LOR is in a similar lower content schedule as HS was in 2015 as it ramps up from 6 to 10 regions so completionists can rejoice until they’re upset they can’t get everything in LOR.

I agree with you. But that still isn’t the same thing as HS being F2P unfriendly or how some ppl try to make it out to be impossible to play HS and not spend money and have a variety of decks without grinding.

It is not that hard Tbh which is the summary of my post. Soo sure, other games could be more F2p friendly but thats not rly a worthy argument as this game also has that capability. If anyone thinks LoR is more fun or whatever that is totally fine but sitting and painting HS as P2p and not even P2w is just ludacris.

2 Likes

I mean I wasn’t making stuff up - just going by what I remember.

If you start at 0 dust, I could have sworn that doing all dailies between expansions gives you around 80 packs, which, after dusting duplicates, gives you around 3-6k dust.

Hey I might be completely wrong, as I said, it’s been ages since I’ve done it.

But heck, assuming you have 0 dust and want two epics, that’s around two weeks of dailys is it not?

50g per day, so one pack every two days. Packs give you around 100 dust. So 16 days? And that’s assuming you dust everything. That’s not crazy math is it?

Also I neeever said “You have to grind for weeks just to get a budget deck playing hearthstone”. I know that Hearthstone gives you a fair amount now when you start. I’m a free to play player also, and I’ve never said that this game is pay to win.

My argument was that really LoR just gives you a lot more.

1 Like

yeah ok sure thing buddy…

If you havn’t played for a while you don’t rly know what your talking about. Recent changes with ranking rewards, duplicate protection and so on gives you a lot more value then before.

With all the nerfs and patches players (who think ahead) get a lot more dust as well. Soo as i stated If you have a little dust and gold management skills and think a little a head none of your statements are True. For example a nerfed golden card gives you 800 dust. Buying 50-80 packs at the release of an expansion and not dusting golden/duplicates right away but waiting for nerfs you get a lot more dust. And that is not a far fetched thing to do.

If you buy 50-80 packs you get pretty much all common and rare cards for that expansion and maybe something like 50% of the epics. Which means all your dust can be put in crafting extra epics and Legendaries.

Ok - that’s completely fair. Granted, I may have looked a little harshly on Hearthstone here.

I think my point still stand though. That LoR is really leaps and bounds - on a whole other level - more generous. And that’s completely accepting everything you’re saying about Hearthstone (which I am).

But as I said above somewhere, I’m really not trying to make out like I love LoR and hate Hearthstone or anything like that. Honestly the only thing I’m trying to say is that I believe LoR to be considerably more generous.

1 Like

Havn’t played LoR so got no opinion on that part. Guess i missunderstood your statements earlier but just got the feeling you were painting HS up to be rly difficult for F2p players which you now said you didn’t soo. No harm no foul

2 Likes

I guess you can call giving a couple of extra popular bulk pack fillers is generous? I played it and since there are limited cards, many bulks do see play now, but probably not in the future as the cards in game are getting bigger and bigger, eventually like Hearthstone and they will add a wild mode.

HS FTP: Average ftp play (an hour or so, 2-4 days a week) will net you 2-3 packs a week. To get the best cards, you need 40ish packs ( Edit: Sadly its up to 70+ packs now I hear) opened for a legendary, and the majority of those are terrible and useless. Packs mainly give duplicate commons which are nearly worthless crafting wise.
LoR FTP: You get at least one champion OF YOUR CHOICE a week just by average play from your vault. The Vault often gives an additional random champion in its other prize chests. The vault also rewards about 20ish random cards, about what youd get from buying HS packs. As if thats not enough, you also get the equivalent of an arena run for free from the vault, which also awards at minimum a chest with half a dozen cards including an epic card.
All wins and 10 losses a day contribute to your region xp. in an average week you unlock 3 rewards (usually a loot chest and a few packs of wildcards) per region, more if they have a randomly chosen per week xp buff.
Wildcards you earn are INCREDIBLY useful compared to HS crafting as you can hoard them till you want to make a deck and need a few missing cards. In addition you get shards for all duplicate cards recieved (auto-dusted) that allow you to craft 1-1.5 champion cards a week. Thus LoR is FAR kinder for FTP, with most paid rewards being cosmetic. (AS THEY SHOULD BE BLIZZARD)

1 Like

I dont think hearthstone is expensive. At least not in comparison to most card games. I think people just want to have every deck. Just because LoR has a cool free to play model doesnt make hearthstone bad. Its cheaper than when i played Yugioh or Magic.

3 Likes

STOP gravedigging threads. You have a perspective on how HS should be. The only bad thing is it punishes you for low participation otherwise you can have 40+ packs every expansion. WAIT I forgot you are one of the the causals who plays 5 minutes a month. There is no SHOULD bes, Blizzard monetize their game however they want, and 50% people still pay a minimum of $10. HS juice more money from people, no matter how you feel, if people pay, Blizzard is good at monetization, they don’t need money from one player, they serve the majority.

all i am sayin is hearthstone needs a star craft expansion first class medic.

So apparently, do you. And apparently, your perspective is somehow better? LOL What a hypocrit. The majority of people in these forums feel the same or these posts wouldnt exist.

I am saying your opinion isn’t necessarily better than mine. Many people disagrees with you actually. Blizzard can monetize the game however you don’t like and still earn money. I am telling your there isn’t “SHOULD bes” in game design, there is no strict audience, as long as players are engaged and are paying, the game is monetizing the game good. This is a fact in game design, the HS method is controversial, but your opinion isn’t the best.

No my opinion is that you are an idiot and is certainly spot on for that. There are TWO HUNDRED PLUS PAGES of people feeling that HearthSucks needs to work toward being more like other TCGs so I didnt pull it out of thin air like you are.

1 Like

No, half of them are disagreeing and arguing against HS sucks and the generosity of LoR. Some are just neutral people believe both games are good. Only a small portion of kids (18 years and under, they said their ages in another thread) attempted to use their immature minds in attempt of attacking the forums and advertising another game. And only 1% use the forums, even if 1000 people here are going against HS this barely says anything, but it even isn’t :joy:
Now you can leave and stop gravedigging… this thread is supposed to be dead, even the LoR fans decided to enjoy their game instead of shouting.
And HS is a CCG, with many different modes, LoR has a big difference in the main mechanics.

No I think I like hanging around, and man do you ever seem to like being belittled. Isnt there some operation to can get to fix that? I hear they are doing wonders with “bigheadremovalfromass” surgery these days.

Keep gravedigging till the OP brings the same arrogant argument, go ahead. Nobody will care and eventually you will give up. HS is not dying, nor would it change for 0.001% of players like you. You are spending effort and write essays on something useless. And I don’t care about anything or anyone here, these forums are dead to begin with :joy: