Legendry discovery tier system

I have put some thought into the discovery of Legendries in the game. With hearing those who have called for the complete removal of discovery, to not being able to discover legendries at all, I feel that putting in place a possible tier system for each legendary might help make the game feel more enjoyable for the community as a whole.

This proposal emerges not from discontent with the game’s current state, but from a desire to enhance the overall player experience surrounding the discovery of legendary cards. I’ve experienced both ends of the spectrum: finding multiple duplicates of the same legendary card and having multiples of the same card used against me.

While some legendary cards live up to their title, others significantly underwhelm. I propose assigning a tier level to each legendary card, limiting its discovery frequency. This adjustment could significantly enrich the gaming experience.

Take the card Patchwork, for instance. In isolation, it’s an excellent card, but the experience is tainted when an opponent uses three duplicates against you. By introducing this proposed tier system, we can ensure a balanced and enjoyable gaming experience for all.

Another example is The Countess. This card is extremally powerful, and I have had many games where I was winning, until this card is played and have had instances where multiple copies of another legendary was discovered through the countess, I’ve also won many games on the flip side.

Anyhow, just a thought, and was curious to see what others might think if such a system were to be introduced into the game.

To me, it feels like most Legendaries nowadays have a one-turn effect that you don’t care much about repeating more than once.

Probably the only argument is the one you said … Patchwerk being discoverable makes for a miserable player experience, but other than that, what other Legendaries are you actively trying to Discover?

Discovering Legendaries being overpowered feels like a 2016 Hearthstone problem.

I mean Paladin has the 2/4 which Discovers a Paladin card but people don’t even run it, even though it could technically give you some good Paladin Legendaries.

I’ve been able to find two copies of Gommash through The Countess, I’ve also been able to find two copies of King Krush through Countess.

I do agree that a lot of legendries have the one-turn effect that you speak of. However, was just a thought I had given that there are some legendries that are pretty powerful.

Yeah, but that lies in one card’s effect (Countess) only.

Are you arguing for the change of Countess effect alone or the Discover mechanic being unable/less able to Discover Legendaries?
Genuinely asking because to me it seems ambiguous by your first post.