Lastest patch = 3 platforms, 3 problems

I play on 3 platforms:

PC - seems ok but for some random framerate drops
iPhone - app crashes after every game finishes, frame rate drops/lag
iPad - app crashes randomly… on start… middle of a game… end of a game, frame rate drops/lag

I doubt all 3 of my devices have issues.

Starting to wonder with all of the layoffs if Blizzard laid off their QA team.

Edit: After reading others complaining about similar problems and realizing that the PC is on the wired network, I tried it again with my iPhone cellular data plan instead of my home WiFi. Still crashes.

Edit: unsure why this is showing up as solved by me? Because it certainly isn’t solved.

14 Likes

After the last update my game crashes randomly but seems to crash more consistently when I’m I’m constructing a new deck especially in tavern brawl.
When restarting the game 5 times didn’t work I deleted the game and reinstalled it. I was able to play with no issues but I noticed the update was downloading again. I got 2 games in and made 2 decks and had no issues but sure enough the MOMENT the update finished my game crashed. When I got back into the game again here we go, my game is crashing randomly again.

7 Likes

Yep, I tried the same - delete and reinstall fresh on my phone. Still crashes. Which really sucks because I play almost exclusively on my phone.

Other than sometime a few random disconnects, I have never had any issues playing HS on my phone going back to when it first came out for iPhone.

5 Likes

I’m also seeing a lot of crashes in my iPad (iOS 12.1.4). First bunch of crashes were just after completed games. But I just had a mid-game crash.

4 Likes

Same problem on ipad here.
Playing the game is no problem but when the match is finished the game just crashes.
Tried re-installing it twice, no change.
Some support would be nice here Blizzard

4 Likes

Now I am having the same problem, crashing in the middle of a match when before it was only right after each match ended. Very frustrating as I see my ranking stars disappear in matches I think I could have when if not for a disconnect. It also seems that the claim about being reconnected more quickly with the updated app aren’t turning out to be true in practice.

Even some acknowledgement of the problem and reassurance that Blizz is looking into it would be much appreciated!

5 Likes

Also having the same issue. iPad Air, 12.1.4, random crashes during play. Did a complete delete and reinstall, and things were fine – until the update finished downloading 100%. Then started crashing again.

Also noticing issues on WoW companion app. Wondering if Blizz updated to a new version of Unity that isn’t 100% stable…

[GryphonMD]

3 Likes

So I’ve tried restarting the phone, using an app the clears storage and memory of junk, deleting and reinstalling the app. Still crashes to desktop.

5 Likes

My iPhone 6 is crashing in games, end of games, start of games, collection viewing, since patch.

7 Likes

Yep.

However, I see there is a 3hr maintenance tomorrow. Maybe a fix incoming??

2 Likes

same exact thing here. even after i completely dumped all my apps, re-installed my HS and made sure all my updates were installed. Its really making the game unplayable, when i really wanna make sure i get all my quests done pre-expansion.

3 Likes

Yeah, it does make win type quests almost impossible if you don’t have a friend to challenge… and I’ve given up on trying to rank up the ladder after losing so many winnable games due to this bug.

3 Likes

Also tried to switch to another language, suspended downloading extra data, and then I got a crash even quicker :joy:

2 Likes

nope. Still crashing.

6 Likes

Yep, w/current IOS - Hearthstone has not been able to load for the past 7 hours. WTH?

1 Like

Yep I’m still having the same issues and even opened a ticket. Know what the guy told me to do? Make a thread on here (which would make my third one made) then after I made it he told me to see if anyone here in the forums can help me lol blizzard has no clue what to do they’ve turned to complete garbage since the layoffs

3 Likes

Yeah, just finally got a chance to try a game and same thing, crashed after several minutes.

To me Hearthstone is essentially a mobile game even if it came out on PC first. If I can’t play on my phone, I probably won’t pay much at all.

3 Likes

I have complained several times over the last two days to Blizzard CS - The Americas (@BlizzardCS) on Twitter and they said they passed the info along.

2 Likes

Blue did respond to an android issue. They are here, just not paying attention to iOS issues.

2 Likes

They are silenced by magic.

I guess, which means, they are surprised by the amount of influenced users, they have no idea about what causes the issue, and they cannot get any solving schedule from the dev team.

2 Likes