Just NERF the Pirate Rogue!

Tired of this in wild. Increase the cost of the pirate cards and Swordfish weapon.
Stop nerfing cards nobody asked for like you did today Blizzard. All wasted nerfs except Yoggi.

Good sentiment I agree with.

The Pirate Rogue did seem a little over-tuned when I played against them too.

• Swordfish | Old: 2 Attack, 3 Durability → New: 3 Attack, 2 Durability.

Thoughts?

People will still complain because even though that would decrease the total amount of damage of the weapon, it accelerates the burst output enabling you to deal 10 in 2 turns for 3 mana

2 Likes

It also needs to reduce the buff to the dredged pirate. Give it +1 instead of +2.

1 Like

I like your feedback, and Derkan’s feedback, but I think to just swap the Attack and Durability is best because it will make Taunt minions still play an important roll if they can absorb at least 1 Swing from the Weapon. Thoughts?

I don’t think there’s that much taunt minions played in meta decks
And people (at least those who complain) don’t seem willing to tech taunts in their decks against aggro
And pirate rogue has anti-taunt cards with the 2/1 combo and even just the pirate synergy cards that can burst the taunt anyway

I don’t think it’s a lost cause, the card could use some balancing. But it also has to remain strong for the deck to have key cards.
Could definitely get rid of the +2 attack on the dredged pirate. Or the weapon could start 1/3. 12 in 3 turns with nothing else, or 9 in 3 turns +2 atk to a minion already seems viable. Could start 1/3, get +2 atk and give +3 atk to the dredged pirate, or +2/+1, to balance the 3 lost damage

There’s a lot of ways this card could be rebalanced if needed. But is it though ? Hyper aggro decks exist to punish ultra greedy combo decks. To me pirate rogue seems like the fairest aggro deck to face when you actually contest the board in the early turns

2 Likes

That’s the point. … :neutral_face: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Well, at least you’re trying. If I understand ANYTHING about the Hearthstone makers, it is to change cards in the simplest ways imaginable for balance. That’s why I suggested to just swap the Durability and Attack to make less overall damage output. Also, the actual literal poinT of the Swordfish, I guess… :confused:
(There might be another simple way. Let’s see…)
It can also be:

• Swordfish | Old: 2 Attack, 3 Durability. Battlecry: Dredge. If it’s a Pirate, give this weapon and the Pirate +2 Attack. / New: 3 Attack, 3 Durability. Battlecry: Dredge. If it’s a Pirate, give this weapon and the Pirate +1 Attack.
    Thoughts on this change?

the problem is that the 3/3/ taunt is free with the weapon and the 3/3 minion you get for free if you do 3 damage to your opponent. So you get the 4/3 weapon, a bunch of free card draw and then a bunch of free minions. drop a cannon, an kaboom. even mindless bots have positive win rates.

1 Like

Yeah, the Cannon is a bit problematic with the Rogue’s 1/1 pirates. I forgot about this.
I always thought the Cannon was a little ~too~ exploitable, but the 1/1’s aren’t so bad.

I propose this change too:
Old: Ship’s Cannon | [2 Mana] 2 Attack, 3 Health. After you summon a Pirate, deal 2 damage to a random enemy.
New: Ship’s Cannon | [3 Mana] 2 Attack, 5 Health. If you control a Pirate at the end of your turn, deal 3 damage to a random enemy.

Be honest what rank are you in?? I think you’re in silver, don’t spend your money on the game! What is really BROKEN is ODD PALADIN! Pirate rogue never worked when he was strong, today he is rubbish, just like the pirate warrior!

2 Likes

Yeah, Odd Paladin with Quartermaster = :nauseated_face:

1 Like