It’s confirmed they are not taking away cards crafted

Yea the jealously is a bit sad, people should be holding blizzard accountable instead of attacking other players as blizzard is the one that caused this mess. I suppose it’s an easier target

2 Likes

I was talking about finding cash. Not breaking into an armoured car.

If you really think they would gift you massive quantities of dust than it goes to show you haven’t played the game very long. It doesn’t take a genius to understand there could of been a mix up or bug in the game. Since when has hearthstone ever given out massive quantities of free dust? For those that got away with it that’s great but I’d rather not jeopardise my account doing something stupid. “Play stupid games, win stupid prizes”.

Finding an armored car on the side of the road and taking the cash out of it is still understood of a crime with heavy punishment, spending dust where you have no idea where it came from on your video game account is nowhere near comparable to that. Blizzard dropped the ball on this whole ordeal NO player should receive consequences for a mistake on the companies part which was poorly communicated, any player that held the dust knowing it was a glitch should get that dust back as they created this unfair situation they should compensate their playerbase, players who spent the dust were at 0 fault as it is not their responsibility to investigate where the ingame currency came from.

1 Like

I’m talking about randomly finding cash that fell out of an armoured car. Majority of people would see it as free money.

For the last time, I not making the comparison of breaking into an armoured vehicle or finding one on the side of the road. Regardless of the situation whether its free money or free dust, use your brain. It shouldn’t be that difficult to understand free stuff especially in a micro transaction video game is rare and never given out. Free handouts do not exist.

2 Likes

Exactly the situation I was referencing lol. That free money is still tracked. Imagine thinking you got away with something then you get a knock on your door by the feds.

In hearthstone the knock on door being the dust that was subtracted from your account.

2 Likes

The last time I found cash was a coffee shop that I frequented. I told the baristas that I would hold the money and if someone lost it let me know. A frantic person came in later that day looking for the lost cash and correctly identified how much cash and in what bills, so I gave them their money back.

I’m serious when I say I will not take things that don’t belong to me.

1 Like

In that situation you are taking something that money belongs to someone else. This dust didn’t “belong” to anybody. It is a limitless currency that blizzard created, blizzard made an error with their players, on their game. I am not seeing this correlation to stealing that you two are trying to make. And if you believe the amount of dust blizzard gave out is going to hurt their company, I honestly don’t know what to tell you lol

And you’re telling me if you found $100,000 dollars on the side of the road in the middle of no where with no possible way to return it to it’s owner you’re not taking that money? lol, Sure man.

You’re right, the video game irs of America takes cyber crime as serious as real crime.

Every time you get a free pixel of no exchangable worth in a videogame, A Californian bank accountant dies.

The cost of making a game f2p and giving free dust is also theft.

Every person who completes a daily quest is stealing dust from the company.

Your taxes are now audited and hearthstone will now begin to charge all players 200-400$ A year retroactively for the serious internet crime of playing the game for free.

Free to play is a crime. You wouldn’t download a car for free right! So why on earth would you rob a company by playing a f2p game for free or heavens forbid…

God forbid… Not paying 200-400$ a year of f2p hearthston STOLEN daily gold cards! :joy:, or playing a f2p game that gives you like 40 packs for maintenance you missed like shadowverse.

Shadowverse I remember logging in once and I got + 17 celebration booster packs for launch + 5 thanks for playing booster packs + 7 thank you so much for trying our game packs. While blizzard has itself angry players were able to max 1/2 of a merc on air elemental tasks for free, and nobody is spending 2000$ a month for the 0-5 players left playing mercs

Can you believe a shudder… Filthy dev who GIVES packs for free and thanks you just for playing the game… What horror… Free cards and player appreciation for joining their game. Blizzard is the golden epitome of customer loyalty. They say you’ll buy it anyways, so why bother make it good?

Don’t you love the golden rule, where when you treat others how you want to be treated, they walk all over you, but if you ask firmly, sometimes you get nice things? Heresy I know. :hugs:

Can you imagine the horror!!! Those EVIL game companies… giving 40 packs for free for 2 hrs of maintenance just to hope you try out their game. We have to protect ourselves from generosity… Or do we Blizzard games players have stockholm syndrome? ( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, heck, I don’t even know myself. XD)

Anyways, I think the takeaway is free stuff = evil. Greedy stuff = good. Right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Make sure to install your anti Free gift gun for Santa Claus this Christmas, and you can protect yourselves from the evil horror of free gifts from a game company this year too! /s*

(* Seriously though, does nobody find it a bit weird other companies will give thank you notes and 40 free packs to try their game and thank you for playing.

While we play a game that has a forum unironically viewing being given ‘virtual untradable pixels with no real life value’ as equivalent to hardened gunpoint bank robbery?

If you could just arrest anyone in the real world by dropping a 40$ giftcard to virtual hugs r us, and you charged 20$ x 2 for two virtual gifs, then deleted them,

Would the person really need to be seen as a hardened criminal, the theft of 40$ of virtual gifs with no real world value that multiple people were sent?

E Cards aren’t even unique to us like physical cards or unique personalized artworks are.

Blizzard could try to pay taxes to the irs in 1000x the msrp price of hearthstone packs to the us economy and everyone would laugh at the idea.

They are nice to play with sure, but at the end of the day, hearthstone packs and dust have no equivalent exchangeable hard currency value.

They aren’t legal tender, and can be instantly given or revoked at a time’s whim for less than the cost of a 33 cent burrito.

I really doubt blizzard would have much luck going to any store in america and trying to buy anything with hearthstone packs as legal tender would go anywhere. Same reason why a club penguin membership card can’t be used to buy a yacht.

You could have infinite monopoly dollars on a card for a single player economy and regardless what you sell it for, it wouldn’t be worth much of anything on it’s own.

Hearthstone dust is a closed single player economy loop as well. It had no value other than our account.

1 Like

No I’m not taking 100k that’s in the middle of nowhere. You dont know who’s watching. That might be the last thing you ever do. Something tells me greed fogs out your rational thinking ability.