Is this game just "I WIN" cards now?

Be me.
Play against death nite. Decide not to forfeit like I usually do against low card boogies.
This time it was race through the deack as fast as possible to get the “I WIN” lord marrowgard card. As soon as she gets the card she wins.
Explain how it is fun playing against people that can run through their entire deck in on hand like with evil nite or whatever or run through deck as fast as can to get “I win” card?
Can anyone explain how this is even a “game?”
I will wait for your answers.

1 Like

actually lord marrowgar requires corpses which requires the person to play minions and have them die or at least hero power every turn or something so it’s really not the ideal example of a instant win card. but yes it can be extremely powerful it’s true i’m sorry that you had to lose

So yes it is an “I WIN.” card.
There is no recourse against “I WIN” cards that is why they are called “I WIN” cards.
There is no strategy against it. Agreed? The other player simply has to move through their deck fast and use their hero power until they get the “I WIN” card. There is no strategy against “I WIN” cards. got it?

Me beating Lord Marrowgard in the past. So easy to beat though.

It is not so hard to beat Lord Marrowgar now… all you need is AOE destroy or silence against it… Many cards can be an “I WIN” card if the enemy is waisting it’s recources before he should use them…

1 Like

If I play mage I have no way of playing against that! If you play as a red rune death knight, I have lots of field clearing strategies! Mage doesn’t have a strong deck in any game mode today! I only come to the forum when I get mad at the game!! In wild mode, the warlock discard deck is unbearable, I have everything about warlock but the deck is boring! Blizzard is incompetent, it takes a long time to nerf, it releases a lot of weak cards!
I always thought Warrior was rubbish, now that the class has gained a legendary that is good, saving the class is this legendary. And why did the warrior win such a card?? Because the warrior came in last place last season. This season it’s the mage! Whoever creates and manages this game is incompetent!

You do realize there will always be a bottom class in any meta right ?
If you give a class a way to deal with something specific and even out a matchup, this could also be a way to dominate other matchups

Balancing 11 classes, which is 66 possible matchups, not including that a single class can have multiple archetypes, while assuring that every class has the same power level even though they try to achieve extremely different things, is far from being as easy as people pretend it is

Long times ago, before deck trackers and public statistics were a thing, they were far fewer balance patches. People tried to adapt to the meta before complaining that it was unbalanced. Then only when people solved the meta with their efforts did they came to the conclusion that one deck was OP. They didn’t stop just because one deck was strong, they tried to find the great counter of that deck, or what could be accomodated in the existing ones.

Now people just check stats to solve the starting meta in less than a week, then every one aligns to the stats to complain without trying to find counters.

There has been a single exception that I can remember off when Tortollan Pilgrim Mage was discovered really late during an expansion. Only few people tried to experiment with the card because “it has a bad winrate, period”

I have nothing in my deck to counter it. So why does the AI put me up against it? The algorithm knows in advance that it is an auto loss for me.
My only option is forfeit.
How is that fun? Up against me it is an “I WIN” card.

So the game should only match you against deck that you can beat ? That’s what happened to your opponent, did they have a different matchmaking ?
It wouldn’t be up to you to build a deck able to manage different game scenarios ?
You consider it normal to build a deck without thinking about the meta and being rewarded for it ?

If you play paper while most players play scissors it’s only normal that you lose when you play against them right ? are you saying you should only be matched against players that play rock or paper so you only have wins and 50/50 ? Are you asking for the machmaking to be rigged on your favor instead of matching you against what actual players use ?
I don’t get your logic there.

Madam are auto losses fun? What is the purpose of the AI matching you with an auto loss? Even though every game winner is decided in advance, is it not better to keep it a mystery until the game is played through a bit?
Having one player forfeit after the first card is played is not good design. Agreed?

Put something against it then into your deck, then the algorithm will find another enemy which you can’t beat… it is working like this… as for me… playing against an aggro is a good chance for lose… this is the game… there is no justice… About 50% win rate is forced on you and everyone else…

Correct, I could add some cards that could counter it but then those would just be useless cards in my deck after that because it would not put me up against it anymore.
It is like putting the Skulking Geist in your deck because the AI is putting you up agaisnt jade golems over and over. You will no longer get jade golems and you will have two useless cards in your deck.
Or like putting weapon smashers or stealers in your deck because the AI keeps putting you up against the rogue magic weapon.
Well it won’t do it anymore but now you have useless cards in your deck.
I would prefer they fix algorithm and cards so there are no longer auto losses.

You should stop using the word AI when you talk about a specific algorithm that’s just showing a lack of comprehension of what real AI is
The matchmaking is not there to provide you a “fun” game, it is there to match you against a player of your level regardless of the deck both of you are playing
If you keep switching decks and are triggered when you don’t find what you want to counter then unlucky for you but that’s not what happens for the majority of players. For those who complain sure it is, but those who complains are those that don’t understand that they just went unlucky because of how probabilities work

If your mindset is just rigged by biases I can’t do much for you
If the game isn’t fun that way just quit or get good

Prove it is matching me against decks that are my level. They took away the level view for opponents.
Admit you just made that up.
I am asking for a little bit of humility.
Can you admit you just made up another “FACT.”

You can see the rank of your opponent at legend. Let me assure you it works perfectly fine. I had not a single odd matchups at legend ever.
So why should it be different at other ranks?

To the original thread question: yes. The first person to play theirs wins, unless the opponent has the “counter I win” set up to beat them.

It’s like a bad episode of yu-gi-oh

I PLAY MY ULTIMATE CARD OF GAME WINNING!”

You fell right into my trap. When you played your card of game winning, you triggered my TRAP CARD TRAP OF ULTIMATE COUNTERING: it allows me to destroy your card and directly destroy you!

AHA! Your trap is nullified by my monster on board’s secret ability: COUNTER COUNTER MOVE! It allows me to nullify your nullification if I have had a game winning card nullified this game!

NOW YOU’VE FALLEN INTO MY REAL TRAP!

(five years later)

someone forfeits out of sheer boredom as this continued non stop as the addons the players downloaded were set up to run through this for them.

Toriginally, the game required you to actually play to beat your opponent, or it took a while to set up some combo to win (mage exodia was a good example). Unless they change course, in a few years:

“turn 1: 50% chance to win the game, unless your opponent played their first, then you rock, paper scissors for it!”

-Aren’t you thankful?