Is this cheating? Can anyone confirm?

So, I was playing a round of battlegrounds and we ended up in the final heads up between Alakir and myself. I had a good deathrattle build that was way better than what he had.

To my surprise when I kill him the first time the round doesn’t ends. There was no anomaly or minion he could have that gave him iceblock but I was like “well, I may have missed it”.

Next round, I win it, but do not make him 9 hp dmg, I make him 6. I check that he has no IceBlock at the same time. To my surprise after the next round starts he has still 9 HP and not 3 as he was supposed to.

Then I proceed to kill him no less than 5 times, and everytime he kept coming back. This video shows around the 7th or 8th time I kill him. He started emoting me, so I assume he was aware of the situation.

Is this cheating? was it a bug? wtf happened? I’m at a lost.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcvbPIDrR4

Just in case I reported him as a cheater, but I wanted to know for future reference if it was or not.

Team currently investigating a bug where games are not sync for players and they witness different outcomes of the fight.
When that happens, you only lose hp when you see yourself losing hp.

What you are saying Derkan has no correlation to what happened to me. This was not one fight/round. I’m talking about 7 to 8 rounds in a row.

Have you seen the video posted? That happened for multiple rounds in a row. It was not a desynch definitely.

It is exactly what I’m talking about.
You and your opponent don’t see the same fight.
You see yourself winning, they see themselves winning. When that happens you can only lose health when you see yourself loosing.

On live servers this happened first when the Lich King was introduced. LK was seeing different fights than their opponents.
If I remeber correctly, the same happened when Diablo was first introduced during the turns where everyone was against Diablo.

Last occurrence was on official private servers during a showcase of the update.
Streamers where playing together in a lobby, then they had the anomaly of battlecries and deathrattle triggering twice.
During their games, deathrattles wouldn’t trigger for the opponent’s board.

Player A against player B
Player A sees their DR trigger twice but those of B only once
Player B sees their DR trigger twice but those of A only once
They both see different fights, pretty unbalanced, and both see themselves winning and no one loses health

Some streamers understood that turn 2
Some didn’t realize until turn like 19
They were just facing eachother for 7 rounds in a row not understanding why the last opponent wouldn’t die

Of course I’m assuming it’s that kind of bug, but devs responded to one of the bug reports about that (which is pretty rare)

But based on the scenario you describe, opponent should be able to “win”. We were talking about 7/8 rounds were my opponent had near 0% chance to win due to the build. In the scenario you explain opponent should be more of an equal footing.

Well, whatever the case, if it’s what you are saying it is, I’m fine its a bug then.

It isn’t possible to cheat.

Why do people always assume that if something happened, they didn’t understand, they must have been cheated?

Not only should this not be your first thought, but it also shouldn’t ever be thought at all.

Well it is possible to cheat.
I don’t know if it is possible to actually hack the game and change the outcome of it
But it’s possible to access data you’re not supposed to. Deck trackers have a well known historic of displaying illegal info they have access to (as everything about your current game is stored in (encoded) text files on your device and that’s what they read.
Best example : when tracking was discarding cards from your deck and you cast a tracking from another source, you don’t know what were the 2 discarded options. The tracker knew and removed the cards from the deck overlay, which is illegal info a player couldn’t have.

My first thought was not that people cheat. You assumed that based on nothing but your past experience, so that’s a fallacy.

I made this post to have clarification. As the post said in the body: “Is this cheating? was it a bug? wtf happened? I’m at a lost”

On the “why do people assume…” question, you should know that unfortunately videogames, specially competitive ones, are swarmed by people who do not care for fair game and cheat, glitch and exploit their way into winning.

This was not just a scenario of “hey, dude played so well I think he must be cheating to justify that skill”. So please, understand the differences.