Is this a normal behavior for the game Hearthstone?

I was Gold 10 August. I’m i dunno Silver 7-8 right now.

I made a new deck, it’s not as good as the older one and i lose a lot.

I’m OK with that, i mean it has to rate me again or something. But this is really taking a long time. None of this is fun anymore and i don’t think it’s getting any better just yet.

Just got to be patient right?

2 Likes

maybe?? there are numerous reasons you could be having issues. just to list a few…

your deck might be bad in the pocket meta you are stuck in.
you might not be playing the deck optimally
just bad luck

this is hard to answer without more info. being patient only works if your deck has an above 50% winrate…and you play it well enough to be above %50 winrate. if you don’t meet both of these criteria you need to change your deck up, or adjust your playstyle.

1 Like

You said yourself that your new deck is worse. Mind to tell ous what you play?

Patience is useless sometimes.

I played a lot of homebrew stuff to D5 and that’s it, patience wouldnt bring those decks to legend. Well maybe if I’d play 5 hours a day it could work but with my time investment I gotta play top decks for the final climb.

This one got me to Gold 10

Custom

Class: Rogue

Format: Standard

Year of the Wolf

2x (0) Backstab

1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn

2x (2) Eviscerate

2x (2) Inkveil Ambusher

2x (3) Cyclopian Crusher

2x (3) Paparazzi

2x (3) Silvermoon Sentinel

2x (4) Assassinate

2x (4) Saronite Tol’vir

2x (4) Sen’jin Shieldmasta

2x (4) Silvermoon Armorer

1x (4) The Black Knight

2x (5) Rotten Applebaum

2x (5) Sinrunner

1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord

2x (8) Son of Hodir

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

AAECAaIHBLCKBOKkBcmeBoCfBg2RnwSVnwSmnwTl0wT82wSBhgWInQXMxAW/7QXL9gWj+gW9ngbVngYAAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This is the one i was working on. I’m using preconstructed Druid right now.

Custom DH

Class: Demon Hunter

Format: Standard

Year of the Wolf

2x (2) Annoy-o-Tron

1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn

2x (2) Eye of Shadow

2x (2) Infected Peasant

2x (2) Spectral Sight

2x (3) Magnifying Glaive

2x (3) Silvermoon Sentinel

2x (3) Weight of the World

1x (3) Zola the Gorgon

2x (4) Glaiveshark

1x (4) Kayn Sunfury

2x (4) Saronite Tol’vir

2x (4) Silvermoon Armorer

1x (5) Going Down Swinging

2x (7) Flamereaper

2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor

1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

AAECAdaqBgawigSW1ATipAX3wwWongaAnwYMgIUEtKAE1qAE77EEq+IEj+YEgYYFiJ0F47wF5fUFo/oFpIEGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oh I see, so you are free to play and fairly new to the game, right?
In that case, reaching gold was pretty solid.

Do you have any spare dust?

Yeah, a bit of dust?

1 Like

i posted this in another thread. it is things i learned as a ftp player. hopefully some helps you. if not sorry for the novel.

you have to lose the collector/completionist mentality. here is what i did.

focus on standard. if you are trying to be ftp, you will never get the cards to compete in wild, or duels, or twist.

don’t fall in love with cards, they are only dust resources that you use to make decks that can climb with.

gold cards are pretty, but their real use is they dust for the amount to craft a different card of the same rarity. i.e. a gold rare gives enough dust for a regular rare…etc.

focus only on the strong meta decks, that way you can climb consistently. also if you craft the strongest decks you get better value return on nerfs.

once you pick your 1 or 2 decks to climb, learn them inside and out. watch streamers play your deck for pointers. (it’s hard to find decent streamers who explain their plays. ecore100 on youtube is pretty good though.)

if you use a deck tracker, look over your games after you are done and in an analytical mood. sometimes you see better lines, and plays that weren’t obvious, and you missed because you are racing a clock.

being ftp means managing resources efficiently, because those that can pay don’t have to worry if they waste dust. ftp can’t afford to make too many mistakes. the margin for error is too tight.

most importantly be patient, nobody gets good at anything overnight, don’t worry so much about beating your opponent. worry more about playing your deck better this time than last time. if you manage that the wins follow.

Ogrebattler said a lot of good things, it’s maybe a bit to much to begin with.

If you want I could help you to improve your rogue list with cheap cards.

Or name you a deck you could try to complete.