Is there something going on ? Wild cards in Standard

My last match I played against a mage that Used Rune of the Archmage and then one of the secrets they got was flame ward, which is a wild card.

Now I am playing a Jackpot rouge and they just got Flame ward and they also got Meteor. I looked in the news and I don’t see anything about wild cards being placed into standard for any special event. Am I missing something, and YES, before anyone asks, I am in Standard.

There’s a new mage card called Tear Reality that can add wild cards to their hand.

3 Likes

The devs realized there wasn’t enough rng in mage since rune attempts to target the opponent first. The solution was adding in random wild cards.

1 Like

Okay, so that’s a little annoying, however, have they changed Rune of the Archemage to be able to aslo access spells from wild? Because the mage played that card and the secret that was cast was wild. there was no new spell played that trigged flame ward.

Okay so I am looking a at spell right now and it adds 2 mages spells from the past to your hand. So when the mage played rune of the archemage on turn 9, had this spell been played Flame ward would have been added to the mages hand along with another spell, however, that’s not what happened, rune put Flame Ward into the field.

If you rewatch the match through a deck tracker, you would probably see it cast the tear reality and then the opponent played the secret from hand as it now costs 1 but played it fast enough that the action appeared to be one and the same as playing a secret has no movement on screen other than the card disappearing from hand to the field.

You probably just didnt notice it happening and assumed it was a secret from rune and not the player.

1 Like

You guys are clearly not reading what I wrote. It was TURN 9… they Played a 9 cost Rune of the Archemage… not sure what is so difficult to understand… I wrote this post while right right when it happened.

Mage has a spell that discounts fire spells in Standard.

Rune can cast that spell and discount the secret to 0.

Then they can play it in the same turn.

2 Likes