Is there anyway to beat the horsy paladin?

by turn six they always win with one hero power turn.
turn 4 give everyone 10 mana crystals.
turn 5 play the horsey hero power.
turn six summon the cards that cost 2 or less which gives them the one turn hero power that gives them all 4 horseys for the win.
How do I beat this by turn 6?
Anyone know?

2 Likes

Do you mean the Uther of the Ebon Blade hero card?

Yes the hero power makes 4 horses all at once and you lose.
There is no game play.
Just an auto loss.

2 Likes

Usually it just summons one minion.

How does it summon all four?

They play a card that summons 3 cards that cost two or less from their deck.
One card makes it activate twice and one makes it do double.
and boom.
all four horseys with one click.

1 Like

there is no reasonable counter to this strat that doesn’t involve teching heavily against that particular deck (grizzled wizard + finley or something)

1 Like

I didn’t think so.
I could not think of anything. Relying on getting two cards out of your 40 to beat it will never happen.
I will just fore feet against all paladins until blizzard fixes this.
Eventually the algo will not put up against palasins anymore if I keep fore feeting.
It does learn. Most people do not know this.
I have fore feeted against all moon eater paladins since that “I WIN” card came out and the algo only tries to match me against a moon eater paladin once or twice at year at this point. Because it has learned I always fore feet.
You have to be consistant about it.
Don’t ever say to yourself “i will try this time i guess.” always fore feet so the algo learns. I have a genius level IQ and see patterns very clearly.

1 Like

This one is very easy to solve all you have to do is play a Grizzled Wizzarld deck and bouncey teh Girlzzled Wazzxlrd with tthe Bouncey Brewmaestro cards if you cansee the Grizzlez Wizzles card SWAP HeRo powders with the opponenent wich prev3nts the Paladon from achievkfng the Victkry

1 Like

I see you complain a lot in the forum with basic stuff that you don’t need us to explain so here’s what you will do. Go to hsguru from now on and sort there by the class/deck you care about (in general there are various ways to find decks with filters (e.g. depended on rank or sample size or last X days etc.).

After you do that just click on a deck; you will see what deck can beat that deck or what deck is weak (it has percentages of win-rates); then you can see what can beat those paladins (I assure you: A LOT OF STUFF CAN BEAT THOSE PALADINS (edit: I guess you mean Wild but the same applies)).

Tell me what can beat those paladins by turn six because that is when they win.
I will wiat patiently.

2 Likes

Have you tried playing the deck yourself?

Genuine suggestion. The quickest way to find out what will win against any given deck, is to make note of what YOU lose to, when YOU play the deck.

1 Like

Ok i will try to play it myself, though I dont like playing pre-made decks becasue it is no fun.

2 Likes

I feel you, I really do. I have the most “fun” when I’m playing some sort of silly, off-the-beaten-path type of homebrew. That’s why I never participate in anything competitive when it comes to MTG, and that’s why I never take HS “super cereal.” When I feel myself getting tilted, I log off for the day. I have to, or else I’d be right here with you making NaCl posts on the forums just like you do.

Problem is, I also like winning, and there are incentives to do so that will snowball towards winning more in the future. And I haven’t made a scientific study of it or anything, but I’m willing to bet “most people” enjoy winning more than they enjoy losing, if they even enjoy losing at all. Masochism really is a minority in terms of psychological conditions.

IF you want to win, you’re hindering yourself by shunning netdecks / premades / whatever you want to call it. This isn’t a rom-com feelgood movie where “everything works out” - this is the real world (albeit a video game interaction within it) and things often just plain suck. No ifs ands or buts about it. Life sucks sometimes and there’s little recourse when it does.

What we can control however, is our reactions to and continued involvement in whatever is making us feel crappy. Most of the time, anyway. At least with extra-curricular activities like HS allegedly should be, the stakes are often trivially low. So why NOT try something else? You might even have a little fun by accident.

2 Likes

You can do both. I often find a premade deck that clicks with me and I say “that’s something I would like to design and I like it”; I see some decks that do well on stats that I hate; it’s either because I don’t understand them at all that well (no experience with the class at all) or (very common) they are EXTREMELY reliant on luck and I find that psychologically taxing even; e.g. I just noticed at least 3 whole different classes in the current meta have “best decks” that are extremely reliant on random chance (e.g. a Shaman that gets completely randon legendaries on the board that can’t even use their battlecries directly).

That’s why I still say go to hsguru and look into decks (and their opponents’ win-rates (which will also - indirectly - answer your questions on “what beats each deck”)).

The only caveat I’d apply here, is that if we are to assume a general “Rock Paper Scissors” grouping of “Aggro beats Control which beats Midrange which beats Aggro” - though obviously the lines between these can get quite blurry at times - then you really need to assess what you want the deck to do.

Taking an aggro rush type deck and going “that’s a nice base, let me tweak it” is awesome advice! But, for example, if you start adding a bunch of 8-10 costs and take OUT some of the weenie rushers, now you’ve just morphed the deck into a different meta type.

And this can still be fine and fun, however the trap people fall into is they lose with it and go “what the F?! I just lost to CONTROL WARRIOR and this AGGRO PIRATE was supposed to BEAT that specifically!”

Except, it’s not aggro anymore… your high cost additions made it mid-range, which Control specifically annihilates.

Just something for people to consider when making subs to netdecks. Figure out what you LIKE to play, find something that meshes with THAT style, and you’ll have more fun AND more success.

This sounds like a very complicated topic (the types of decks) to cover here, but I get the strong impression no clear “aggro beats control” etc guidelines exist. E.g. (in Standard) a warrior will lose to a paladin if the paladin is fast enough which requires both luck and wits but the warrior will devastate the paladin if the paladin didn’t have lethal until round ~7-8.

It is complicated and “strict rules” don’t apply, correct on both counts. The more RNG you introduce to the base game, the less these principles will hold, which is why I said the lines can get quite blurry.

The general rule does apply though, and you can prove it if you take deckbuilding theory to hyperbolic extremes. Construct a deck with literally nothing but 10-drops, and you’ll lose 100% of the time to someone who has a deck filled with nothing but 1-drops. Because they have 9 basically uninterrupted turns to do whatever they want.

From there you can surmise a deck filled with nothing but 4 or 5 drops, will probably stabilize juuust in time to beat out the 1-drop deck, but will probably still be too slow to dispatch the 10-drop deck.

Therefore, slow beats mid, and mid beats fast, and fast beats slow.

Wait a second. That might have some logic if the cards are only stats (so the mathematical model can just be put into a simplistic spreadsheet like that (if possible)).

But the cards are not that; e.g. a warrior has DEVASTATING board clears from at least round ~5; they WILL ruin most aggro-minion decks ~50% of the time.

If your face isn’t melted by turn 5, were they REALLY running a face aggro deck?

The lines are blurry on what is aggro (on Standard at least). Only the “flood” Hunters I remember from the last several patches could kill you by round 4 or 5; the pure-aggro paladins will usually kill a warrior on 5 or 6 but even they can usually kill most others by ~7 so a warrior would often devastate them by then; the handbuff paladins can kill a warrior rarely but only because a X2 damage zilliax got out of control (often with bad luck draws from the warrior on top) (those are usually killing others only after ~6).

I guess you have a point; but the randomness is so built-it both on cards’ internal design and on draws; don’t forget the game will never stop being random because of the …draws.