Is it even possible to save Twist

I liked the month they allowed a 30-40 card deck and your starting health was the card count. I kind of wished Standard would work that way normally. The problem was the scope of the card pool was far too much. They needed to make it just 3 expansions max.

I think the fact that they never had bundles to buy packs at a volume discount for the current twist format showed how much they didn’t really believe in it.

1 Like

Despite my personal distaste for Renathal, I was very much in support of that iteration of twist.

There are so many interesting things they could do, though.

2 Likes

And maybe try some faster stuff.

Like…
Is It really that bad if we get a month or two with 2/3 turn games?

Twist is about doing something different. If I’m wanted normal hearthstone i would play standard.

Would like to see a month with games starting at 10 mana for example.

1 Like

so you cant explain it at all? the main complain ive seen about twist is people having to craft high rarity cards wihch arent viable on wild or standard to climb the ladder

tthat isnt a issue on this one so it does look like you just picked a word to fill a blank space

because if they told us we would get some rewards from playing it and never gave those to use i would understand the use of the word “trust” but they never did

1 Like

I rarely say this but the Tavern Brawl this week is more interesting than twist currently.

2 Likes

Does Twist happen continuously or do they skip months? Am asking because if i am trying for legend and maybe get 10 stars for it, but i can only play this in alternate months, then i might as well invest in standard or wild as i get the rewards monthly.

I think twist is ok, but theres either too many sets or its just kinda dull.

If the CoT stuff had been 5-6 sets including the current year (so classic/basic + core + CoT + year of the wolf + old gods + gadgetzan), I would have probably played that a fair bit.

I think its perfectly salvageable and this month is fine. But i hope next format is more exciting.

read the post…got it.

Literally almost every other person in this thread is having zero issues understanding what was posted.

It was locked during the holidays. Not sure if it’s still locked. Haven’t bothered checking since they locked it. If they don’t care enough to keep it open, why should I?

First time comes around, people get excited and invest, Format turns out to be dead because of 6+ minute queue timers.

Second time comes around, people are skeptical because of the first time, clear outliers in the meta that Blizzard decided to address after a whole month went by. Further Blizzard did nothing about the long queue timers.

Third time comes around, people cannot be bothered because their trust in Blizzard after the first two times has diminished when it comes to the Twist Format, therefore people are not willing to even try it out.

I literally just expanded what I said in OP, I don’t see how you can imply that the word trust was used out of context, it’s a very logical conclusion to think that their trust has diminished after all that.

2 Likes

I think playing twist competitively is the absolute wrong way to play twist.

Ranking in standard or wild gets you the same rewards, and there is no reason to play sweaty tryhard in another mode.

If you treat twist as something fun and do not attempt to rank in it, you most likely can play around and play fun things, which would make it the welcome change of pace it was intended to be for most players.

3 Likes

those were the cavern set formats they told us they set would remain playable for 3 months im guessing thats why they did some balance changes after a month they wanted the meta to change but coudlnt remove the cavern set

we got a refund so no problems there

the long queue seem to be at legend i didnt get there but several people been saying the queue increase drastically between at high diamond/legend
the rewards are the same so unless its easier to climb to legend on twist to get the rewards most peopel dont try to climb that high

my problem with the word trust is i have no idea what were you expecting or what you say blizzard say we would get from the mode

maybe theyll need to add some bonus rewards like wild cards to it to encourage players to play the mode
i say wild cards because i doubt standard only players bother trying the mode seems more focused towards wild players

theyll have to add some formats with standard sets +special rules so standard players will join too

1 Like

At least no one (at least no human) can say you didn’t give it your best.

They do skip months, it was closed for January

so far it was down for 2months since it was added june last year 1 month was january and i think the other one was august (cant remember im not sure )

they let us know in advance

I think people forget about twist; especially more casual players. But I’m enjoying this month compared to standard & arena.

1 Like

With how terrible balance has been in twist (in large part due their awfull new cards and buffs from CoT, pushing moderns cards and power lvls in a way weaker mode/format) wouldnt really have any more /different decks then currently have.

And free cards wouldnt happen anywyay, cause twist was pretyt much a moneygrab mode

1 Like

Instead of Twist they should’ve implemented a lobby system with different modes. They could add some evergreen ones like:

• Classic
  • 40HP/40cards
  • Highlander Only
  • No legendaries

And then add some custom modes that rotate from time to time, some made by Blizzard and others made and curated by users and chosen through polls on their website. The most voted ones would probably come from streamers, like Kibler could come up with a mode where uninteractive combos like Sif and Odyn are banned or something. I’d love to see that.

1 Like

Metas can take weeks or months to finish evolving, depending on how many innovators are building and refining decks. I don’t know about other people but I feel like Dragon Paladin beats the popular builds of Dragon Warrior. And Dragon Paladin or Warrior can both lose to extreme aggression because their game plan doesn’t include a strong early curve. If you want to try one of these aggressive strategies, I’d recommend Spell Shaman. And there’s other decks that can high-roll an even stronger early curve. There’s just some luck involved because there aren’t a lot of board clears, card draw, or high value minions.

Oh yeah, I am fully aware how it all works. At this point I only have interest in playing fun/interesting stuff though. It’s true paladin is also strong in twist. Honestly though it seems pretty much luck of the draw/mulligan/who goes first matters the most in this format, so it’s whatever. I’ll just stick to playing my silly drawback silence priest and laugh along the way

Speaking of Priest, the ancient meme is actually playable in this format. Purify is a decent card because there’s a lack of card draw and using it on a minion with a downside or debuff is actually decent. My favorite though is using Potion of Madness on Acolyte of Pain, attacking with it to draw a card, then Purify before giving it back.