Is HSReplay safe to use?

Hey guys,

I recently started playing Hearthstone kind of actively and I am in love with the game right now.

I also found out about the software “HSreplay”, which seems to be used by a lot of people. It basically tracks your deck and gives you an overview. It also records your games for later analysis and tracks your gameplay with a bunch of statistics.

However, I am kind of worried. Is this software even permitted by Blizzard? I guess the software somehow has to read out some memory values. While it’s not possible to display more information than you got anyway, I am still a bit worried about receiving a false detection based ban.

So my question is. Is this software legit to use? What do the Blues say regarding this? I contacted the support already and their answer was basically “I don’t know”. Maybe someone Blue of the technical department of this Forum could answer that question.

Cheers

https://github.com/HearthSim/Hearthstone-Deck-Tracker/wiki/FAQ#blizzard

Is Blizzard okay with this?

• any app that duplicates what you can do with a pencil and paper already is fine. -Ben Brode
  • It’s not against the TOS […] -Zeriyah
2 Likes

it is. in fact u can even use them on grandmasters

Thank you a lot for your answer and the provided resources.

1 Like

Has anyone ever questioned if those numbers they put on their website are legit?

Since hsreplay is part of untapped.gg who produce for ActivisionBlizzard, those numbers could be easy manipulated in favour of Activision to push certain decks, classes and playstyles as another tool to direct and balance the game. And also to cover up the “rigging” that might takes place.

How people can be sure that this data is not manipulated for the given reasons above?