Is Classic still worth it?

That’s the argument I would normally make in this kind of discussion (it’s not the first one I’ve had).

Not necessarily: maybe some would want HS to repeat its history, as WoW classic appears to have done. Of course, launching Naxx again would mean repeating the same mistakes again… Doing it with the Undertaker nerfed already might have been an interesting experiment, an ‘alternate history’, if you will, but… on the other hand, no, just no — there is still much to loathe in all subsequent expansions since the game’s launch, and Classic wouldn’t be Classic anymore by definition, losing it’s charm and even… some innocence, if you will.

So,

About the part in brackets — let’s hope not.

One more afterthought.

If you can call being beaten up by bots, clowns and netdeckers every time enjoyable… However, let’s get to the substance of the matter.

Or rather make your beloved cards less and less playable with each subsequent expansion.

You see, for example, Ysera — the classic one, of course — was my ‘first love’, so to speak, however, I used to find the original ‘meta’ a tad to fast to afford playing her. Each subsequent expansion, starting with the infamous ‘Bring out your dead’ and culminating with jade golems, pirate warriors and The Caverns Below, however, added only more nails to the coffin of that dream to play the Dreamer or even other cards like her. Nowadays you can try to play anything in Wild, but if you don’t do a turn 1 OTK or at least a board full of 60-60s or something like it, you’re gonna be a ‘noob’ and get ‘rekt’ by the aforementioned characters every time. Is that supposed to be fun?