[iPhone] Patch 18.4 Killing Battery and Overheating phone

iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 14.0.1
Updated to Patch 18.4 Yesterday, and have noticed significant heating issues (and subsequent battery drain) while playing Hearthstone. Figured it was an issue with the recent update to iOS 14, but this thread/Reddit has convinced me otherwise.

iPhone 11 and iOS 13.7 this newest patch had my phone very hot playing Battlegrounds and Arena. I have never had any heat problem before. The graphics are also lagging in Battlegrounds.

Iphone 11, brand new only had it 2 months. I can play for about 15 minutes and then my phone starts to overheat and the battery drains very quickly. Tried playing 2 games of battlegrounds in a row earlier and I went from 60% battery to 24% in roughly 40 mins

Also having this problem, on iPhoneSE never even got a bit warm playing before the patch

iPhone 10s max. iOS 14.1 very hot phone. Never felt it overheat like this.

Definitely much heavier-than-usual battery usage on my iPad Pro (not overheating, but draining significantly faster).

Same with iOS 13.7, iPhone 8. Draining very fast, and overheating.

Same for me. iPhone SE (2nd generation - few months old so the battery is fine for sure)

1 Like

Same with iOS 13.7, iPhone SE 2nd generation. Draining very fast, and overheating.
3 weeks old phone. It started perfectly and I was really enjoying playing the game on the phone. No battery issues then, I had to play for 5-6 hours in order to bring battery down to 20-30%. After latest patch, with 1h of gameplay, the phone overheats and loses about 50% of battery. I turned the game on for a minute a bit earlier and the battery went down 4%.

1 Like

Same with iOS 13.7, iPhone SE 2nd generation. Draining very fast, and overheating.
3 weeks old phone. It started perfectly and I was really enjoying playing the game on the phone. No battery issues then, I had to play for 5-6 hours in order to bring battery down to 20-30%. After latest patch, with 1h of gameplay, the phone overheats and loses about 50% of battery. I turned the game on for a minute a bit earlier and the battery went down 4%.

1 Like

iPhone 11, having same hot phone/battery drainage issues since the patch.

Hey there, I am writing here very rarely, but I am experiencing the same issue. Iphone se 2020 here. 1 game took around 10%, where before it took around 3-4% (depends on the game).
Also the phone is going extremely hot.

Same. iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14.0.1. Recent forced Hearthstone update kills the battery even when its plugged in. Phone runs very hot after less than 3 games. Phone gets hot while plugged in and running HS or not plugged in. Restarting, Reinstalling, Resetting does nothing. “Unchecking” all available options in phone settings and game settings have no affect. Turning screen brightness down to barely visible and turning Airplane Mode on, doesn’t make a difference.

iPhone X, 13.6.1, same issue. Rapid battery drain and significantly increased heating.

It was extremely noticeable the first time I played post-patch.

Same issue.
iPhone 8
Ran perfectly fine before. Super happy you’re looking into it.
I would say sitting in menu does not do it, but battling does.

iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 13.7
Same issue after 10 mins play.

I noticed this as well on my newer IPhone SE that’s only a few months old. Drained the battery like 40 percent from selecting a deck and playing 2 games of arena, and phone was surprisingly warm.

Same issue. iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 14.0.1. Didn’t notice it happening with iOS 14.0. Gets hot even in the menu. Burns through about 5-10% of battery for each 10 minute game. Very hot to the touch right in the center of the back of the phone. No other apps causes this issue. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no effect.

1 Like

iPhone 11 Pro here. Upgraded to iOS 14.0.1 and now my phone turns into a mini hand warmer when I play one game of battlegrounds. It drains roughly 30% of my battery. It used to drain maybe 5%

iPhone 11 Pro experiencing the same problems described above. Since patch 18.4, phone is running very hot and battery life is cut dramatically. Kills my battery life so fast that it doesn’t make sense to play HS on my mobile device.