[iPhone] Patch 18.4 Killing Battery and Overheating phone

Yeah both my IPad and My Galaxy S20 have been seeing battery drain and Performance issues. My phone has actually been having battery drain while game isnā€™t even in use since the update

Same issue iPhone XR

Iphone xr, didnt notice so much heat(maybe just didnt notice), but battery is draining like never before in this game. I thought my phoneā€™s battery is dead before reading this post.

Same here, iPhone 11, iOS 14.0.1.

And I see an idiot who believes blizz never makes a mistakeā€¦ Hope you learned something

iPhone 11 Pro Max here, and my phoneā€™s battery claims to be at 100% efficiency. Within SECONDS of a game starting, the phone becomes EXTREMELY hot. Like itā€™s so absurd that when Iā€™m running Call of Duty mobile it doesnā€™t even get NEARLY as hot, after hours of playing. This is a serious problem. Why hasnā€™t blizzard addressed it?

1 Like

I can confirm the same problem.
45min play time (3-4 round in BG) and the battery lost more then 50% of capacity.
Before BG patch I played 3-4hours without losing the 50% of battery capacity.
(environment: iPhone XS with IOS 14.0.1)
The heating problem is easy sensible.
So I think there is a problem with computing optimization, or do you mining bitcoin? :slight_smile:

Please have look on the issue!

Best Regards

Iphone 11 max Pro same issue

Playing on iPad mini. Same issue

Same problems. iPhone 11. ios 14.

Same here. iPhone 11, completely unplayable since the game just stops after a couple of minutes

My iPhone 11 Pro Max is having similar issues and now my battery appears to be permanently damaged. @blizzard please let me know who I should speak with in order for you to buy me a new phone??

1 Like

iphone se 2020. starts heating up after 1 game in standard.

Last night I found something potentially noteworthy. Interestingly, my roommate who is using an iPhone 8, doesnā€™t experience the same exact overheating issues . His phone does get warm. But not the burning hot my iPhone 11 undergoes, and I see reports on the 6, 7, and X as well. But the 8 is apparently somewhat exempt.

Yeah, my battery is no longer at peak either and I KNOW it is because of the heat that it was exposed to. At the very least I want my battery replaced. @blizzard

1 Like

Same for me. iPad mini, latest model, no other apps active. Hearthstone rippin* through my battery at a crazy rate. iPad way hotter than usual. Did one battleground and by end 15% of battery gone from that game alone. Very unusual.

Just noticed an iOS update to version 18.4.61154ā€¦is this a hotfix to address this issue?? Hoping for Blizzard confirmation ASAP, Iā€™d like to start playing Hearthstone again

1 Like

Same issues here as everyone else on iPhone SE (first generation), iOS 14.

Todayā€™s patch seems to have resolved the issue. 10 minutes play time used 2% battery and no noticeable heating. Prior was 15% for 25 minutes.

1 Like

Same issues here as everyone else on iPad Pro 2020, iOS 14.0.1. No overheating but battery consumption is much higher than before the Patch.

Same here, iPhone Xs here running 14.0.1.