[iPhone] Patch 18.4 Killing Battery and Overheating phone

I posted this originally on Reddit and linked this thread. It’s possible that many, like me, do not use this forum often, if at all, and are trying to make this known. I felt that trying to alert Blizzard was the thing to do for this issue.

2 Likes

Two month old IPhone 11 Pro and I’m having the same heating issues. Also experiencing disconnects several times per game in battlegrounds and arena.

2 Likes

Also on an iPhone 11 and experiencing overheating issues and high batter drain while playing since updating.

2 Likes

If you have overheating, see if you can reduce the graphics settings. I run low settings on my laptop to avoid overheating.

Having same issues. iPhone 8 Plus, even though it’s an older model was totally fine running game before latest patch. Now noticeably hot. Glad to see it is a universal iPhone issue and not just my phone though!

1 Like

Hey all,

Thank you very much for the reports on this. It has been forwarded on to the Hearthstone team.

For anyone new coming into this thread, please feel free to post your iPhone model if you’re seeing the same symptoms after the latest patch.

3 Likes

Thanks for looking into it.

See this Reddit thread with more replies.

Link

I’m having the issue as well - iPhone 11 Pro Max with battery life at 100% capacity. After a couple of games my phone gets hot, the battery drains, and my screen automatically dims.

2 Likes

iPhone 6
iOS 12.4.8
Since Patch 18.4, no matter what I do, play, tavern brawl, arena or even Shop or browse collection, Hearthstone will crash in a few seconds.

2 Likes

iPhone XS Max
iOS 14.0.1

Noticing similar issues of heating and battery drain.

iPhone 11 Pro
iOS 14.0.1
Updated to Patch 18.4 Yesterday, and have noticed significant heating issues (and subsequent battery drain) while playing Hearthstone. Figured it was an issue with the recent update to iOS 14, but this thread/Reddit has convinced me otherwise.

iPhone 11 and iOS 13.7 this newest patch had my phone very hot playing Battlegrounds and Arena. I have never had any heat problem before. The graphics are also lagging in Battlegrounds.

Iphone 11, brand new only had it 2 months. I can play for about 15 minutes and then my phone starts to overheat and the battery drains very quickly. Tried playing 2 games of battlegrounds in a row earlier and I went from 60% battery to 24% in roughly 40 mins

Also having this problem, on iPhoneSE never even got a bit warm playing before the patch

iPhone 10s max. iOS 14.1 very hot phone. Never felt it overheat like this.

Definitely much heavier-than-usual battery usage on my iPad Pro (not overheating, but draining significantly faster).

Same with iOS 13.7, iPhone 8. Draining very fast, and overheating.

Same for me. iPhone SE (2nd generation - few months old so the battery is fine for sure)

1 Like

Same with iOS 13.7, iPhone SE 2nd generation. Draining very fast, and overheating.
3 weeks old phone. It started perfectly and I was really enjoying playing the game on the phone. No battery issues then, I had to play for 5-6 hours in order to bring battery down to 20-30%. After latest patch, with 1h of gameplay, the phone overheats and loses about 50% of battery. I turned the game on for a minute a bit earlier and the battery went down 4%.

1 Like

Same with iOS 13.7, iPhone SE 2nd generation. Draining very fast, and overheating.
3 weeks old phone. It started perfectly and I was really enjoying playing the game on the phone. No battery issues then, I had to play for 5-6 hours in order to bring battery down to 20-30%. After latest patch, with 1h of gameplay, the phone overheats and loses about 50% of battery. I turned the game on for a minute a bit earlier and the battery went down 4%.

1 Like