iPhone Issue: Game crash when trying to text friends

I still have this problem with my Iphone. Can not text a friend, challenge them also. Nothing change from every patchs.

What’s the point of this tread? Just tell me blizzard, we are reporting this bug since a month and its not fixed yet, so what are u doing?

Issue is still occurring on iPad Air 1, iOS 12.4.3, Hearthstone v.15.6.36453, reporting it for another user.

Issue’s still occurring 3 Hearthstone’s updates later. Hoping to get a fix soon. Feedback and/or workaround would be appreciated meanwhile.

Thank you.

Another bug still not fixed: in game you cant see nickname’s opponent

If there is any link with Apple iCloud maybe try:

1. Logout of Apple ID
  2. Login to Apple ID
  3. Install Hearthstone (but do not launch it)
  4. Logout of Apple ID
  5. Launch Hearthstone (problem fixed hopefully?)
  6. Login to Apple ID?
    (In my case, while I do not have this issue, launching Hearthstone at step 5 and chosing to “sign in” to an existing account instead of creating a new one allowed me to sign into my Hearthstone account without requesting password. Maybe this is normal as account/password would be downloaded along with the download of the Hearthstone app?)

As a troubleshooting step, maybe try to chat with friends using the battle.net app on the same device on which Hearthstone’s chat is not working? That might rule out the possibility of Apple iCloud being linked to chatting issue with Hearthstone (and maybe point toward an issue with Blizzard service)? (Since Hearthstone and battle.net’s app might use the same server somewhere in their functioning).

It would be good if the issue listed in this current thread would appear somewhere in there:

Removed pendind requests and still the bug

Thanks for the above.

Unfortunatly, a clean install did not resolve the problem. It worth trying, we now know the issue is not related to corrupted data.

Actually, have you tried this? :

I don’t personally have this issue and I have no Hearthstone data stored on iCloud via the iCloud backup function of my iPad; would that be a trace to a fix?

Sorry for not posting in a while, everyone! Thank you for providing the requested details earlier :slight_smile: Our team is still looking into this, but there’s definitely been some issues with replicating the issue on the same devices.

It’s definitely odd, but Burialfaith has a good callout! Would those impacted be able to try this and check if any data is stored in iCloud? Please let us know if this helps or it persists!

Thanks again for your reports! It helps greatly to try and replicate the issue and hopefully get a fix up to repair any compatibility or in-game issues for our team!

Hi !

Thank you for investigating this issue.
The issue is still reproducible with last iOS version (13.2.3), latest game version available for this OS version (15.6.36453) according to AppStore on my iPhone SE MLM72F/A A1723.

I checked what was uploaded on my iCloud and there’s nothing related to hearthstone in it. Only 937 ko are used but for other apps installed on my iPhone.
To be sure iCloud was not used by Hearthstone, I disabled hearthstone access to iCloud in iPhone settings > Apple account (first line of settings menu, above airplane mode) > iCloud > unchecked hearthstone line.
After this, hearthstone still crashes when I try to start a conversation with someone.

I have a friend running the game on an iPad, same game version, iPadOS version 13.2.2, and the crash does not occur on his device (iPad pro 12,9 inches 3rd generation, MTFL2FD/A A1876).
iCloud synchronisation for hearthstone is activated and nothing is stored in it.

I experience the crash for a while now, and this is indeed a bit annoying to talk with people inside the game ^^’

Hope those little tests helped !

Asfal

Tried iCloud thing and same still bug, nothing is changed.

When do you think you will fix it? I mean, 1 month and half is already passed

If no data related to Hearthstone is stored in iCloud, could other apps on the “iDevice” (which would integrate with the iOS virtual keyboard) be trying to load/open when opening the chat box in Hearthstone? This could maybe results in launching keyboard’s addon which might not be supported by Hearthstone leading to a crash of the Hearthstone app?

I don’t have any 3rd party app for the keyboard, neither this issue with Hearthstone crash.

Still bug, i tried also the last advice, nothing is changed

Alas, nothing related to a virtual keyboard inside my iCloud device, it’s pretty empty and the only 5 things I have in it is related to other games.

By the way, I checked inside settings > AppleId > my phone (above the disconnect button) > iCloud backup and this setting is not enabled, so I’m even wondering why there are data related to applications on my iCloud but that’s another topic ^^

I dont get how is it possible that some ios users have the problems and others dont, same phone same update.
Its surely an app problem but maybe there are some points to fix

Apparently this chat crash issue might be a recurrent bug happening here and then since 2016:

According to Aurastraeus (1st post linked in this reply), a somehow similar issue to the one described in the current thread seem to have been previously fixed “within a week or two” (when occurred in 2017). Fix will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Well so it should be easier to fix, blizzard what are u gonna do?

Thanks for reporting this, everyone! Our team is still investigating the issue. The issue does not appear to be a problem with certain device models. Out of curiosity, are you near the 200 friend cap or have any pending friend requests? We suspect that this may be happening when the friends list is close to cap.

If this may fit the situation, try clearing any pending friend requests and see if this helps with the game crashes when texting friends.