[iOs ] Stuck on 'saloon doors', tried to make a ticket, but then

Since the forums are already filled up with the subject, I tried to make a ticket to get some decent support, So I tried to make a ticket for iOs. However, you don’t have that option when selecting mobile, but you can when you select PC.

This is what I get when selecting Mobile:
“Check your OS developer’s website for troubleshooting information. If you can’t find the answer to your question, Ask the Community!”

Basically another big ‘(removed) you’ to your community. And on the ‘Ask the community part’: you forums are already full with the same issue with people who tried everything to solve it, including theModerators generic trouble shouting nonsense.

Your constant releases of new expansions multiple times a year, where you need to buy at least €50 worth of cards (which is mandetory in order to keep up (unless you don’t have a job/education/life) already makes this game the most expansive milk-cow in Blizzards existence. At least make it work, and stop giving us nonsense default trouble-shooting replies, insinuating it’s our devices, while everyone here is experiencing this right on patch day…

6 Likes

Have you tried knocking?

I agree. Blizzard support is garbage. Hearthstone pulls in millions and I have been playing since 2014. Every patch seems to have some bugs and the only help you get is to Google it. Tech support doesn’t exist. I’ve got to stop feeding the cow.

First world problems…

There is a thread for iOS Stuck on Saloon Doors here. It is a known issue and not caused by the device itself, but the troubleshooting provided may help work around the issue in the mean time. Locking this thread to focus the discussion on our main thread.