[ios Devices] Game freezes at loading screen after patch

Same issue for me. Very frustrating and time consuming as only option that works is deleting and redownloading, but this only works until the game is closed or crashes, then gets hung up again the next time it is started up.

1 Like

Blizzard ought to compensate us with come free packs or gold after they resort this for our frustration

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure they wonā€™t, but some of us would be playing so weā€™re actually losing XP/gold.

Iā€™m having the same issue on windows10 pc
america server
my other accounts work fine for some reason.
good job blizzard, as incompetent as ever

iā€™mhaving the same issue on windows8. i uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it didnā€™t work at all not even once.

losing gold/xp , today the weekly quests refresh for me :frowning:

Hiā€¦
Same issue on ipad air2.

Have a Little workaround.
When you Download hearthstone, you can play until you stop playingā€¦ so before you quit playing, Logout your account on mobile device, then quit the Game. Next start you will be promted for your credentials, Login is working then.

Only bad thing is a Crash - then you have go reinstall ā€¦

I think ist is a login \ Account problem and can be fixed without a app Update.

Greetings
Jan

2 Likes

i had the same issue but on windows8 and the following fixed it for me (i know OS are different, but this might kick the issue off to a better understanding of whatā€™s wrong)

Windows

1. Make sure that Hearthstone is closed on all platforms.
  2. Make sure your computer meets all of the listed system requirements.
  3. Make sure you have your [Blizzard account set up] including name, country of residence and a security question.
  4. Delete the Hearthstone option files.
  5. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run diaglogue
  6. Type %LocalAppData% into the Run field and click OK
  7. Open the Blizzard folder.
    * If there is no Blizzard folder, ensure to [show hidden files and folders]
  8. Delete the Hearthstone folder.

just to be safe iā€™ve also did this

Windows

1. Close open Blizzard programs.
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
  3. Click the Processes tab.
  4. If agent.exe is runningā€”or Blizzard Update Agent in Windows 10ā€”select it and click End Process.
  5. Navigate to the folder containing the cache directory:
  6. Press Windows Key+R to open the Run dialogue.
  7. Type %ProgramData% into the Run field and press Enter.
  8. If a Blizzard Entertainment folder exists in the directory, right-click it and select Delete.

started the game, and after watching the intro video (what? hs has an intro video? ikr) the game started with default settings and the latest nerfs pop-up notices showed up.

i hope this helps somebody

@sdsJobe ā€¦ this works. You can also change your battlenet pwd to force a login screen on iPad instead of re-downloading.

hello,

Same issue for me, do they plan an update/ugprade ?
Impossible to launch it on iPad Air 2, 14.3(ipad up to date)

2 Likes

Same here. iPhone 7. Freezes on loading screen.

Mine got fixed. How about you guys?

Lots of people have this problem, as evidenced by the amount of topics about this across all HS forums. Blizzard not coming up with a fast solution to this is shameful. The emergency APN solution is not an alternative for most users.

2 Likes

Nopeā€¦ the lack of interest Blizz is showing for Hearthstone is worrisome. I hope theyā€™re not letting it die slowly.

1 Like

I am having the same problem - unable to get past the loading screen on mobile. iPhone6s.

1 Like

Same problem with Iphone 6s. Still waiting for response

I got an email from Blizz. Theyā€™re really sorry and will offer us the next expansion, entirely golden, for 1000 Gold.
Then I woke up.

2 Likes

Yup I am having the same problem as well, Iphone 6S every time since patch I try to load the game it crashes. Only works if I uninstall and reinstall the game but as soon as I close the game I have to uninstall and reinstall it.

Funnily enough couldnā€™t even post on the forums from mobile due to an error(that apparently is rare and has no way to fix outside of upgrading my phone which would take up too much space) that Iā€™ve been getting for a year but finally after getting fed up loaded up my pc that I havenā€™t used in 6 months to post this. Itā€™s been a week with multiple people having this problem and we canā€™t get some kind of response? Even just to say weā€™re aware and working on a solution? Absolutely pathetic.

Maybe instead of uninstalling and reinstalling to be able to log back in to the game Iā€™ll just uninstall and spend money on a game that actually cares about some semblance of customer service instead.

1 Like

Exact same issue on iPad Mini 4. No problem on PC or iPhone. Reported it elsewhere coz only now saw this thread.

Exact same problem on iPad. It happened after the extra Darkmoon cards patch. Super frustratingā€¦

Definitely still an issue on my iPhone 8. Changing password helped some, but still would take several attempts before launching the game. Now it wonā€™t launch at all again. Has anyone gotten a response about this?

1 Like