[ios Devices] Game freezes at loading screen after patch

Definitely still an issue on my iPhone 8. Changing password helped some, but still would take several attempts before launching the game. Now it won’t launch at all again. Has anyone gotten a response about this?

1 Like

So I have this problem on my iPad Air 2 but no problem on windows 10 or my iPhone 12 Pro. Not sure if this is related to a memory problem on the iPad Air 2.

The complete dead silence from them suggests that they don’t want us to know what’s wrong. I’m thinking they are either getting attacked by hackers or it’s something embarrassingly bad (I.e. maybe only one guy knows how to fix the problem, and he’s off work atm).

Regardless of what it is, I am expecting full compensation. They kind of opened Pandora’s box by monetizing limited time events like tavern pass. Now they are in a position where they have to pay up if there is an interruption to the limited time events we’ve paid for, such as the tavern pass. No compensation = never spend money on Blizzard product again.

1 Like

Dear Blizzard,

I would very much like to play your game Hearthstone. I almost always use my iPad to play because it’s the most convenient way for me. The problem is that the app I must use to do so doesn’t work anymore. It hangs at the startup screen every time. I’ve heard you can get around this temporarily by uninstalling and reinstalling but I’m not going to keep doing that. I’m going to wait as patiently as I can for you to fix your app. It’s kind of disappointing to me because I like to play so much. I usually play every day but I haven’t been able to now for a week or so. I wonder how much longer this will continue. Not too long, I hope.

It would be a big relief to me if I knew you were working hard on your end to solve the problem. Could you please post a response somewhere acknowledging that the problem exists and that you are working hard to find a solution? Thanks.

1 Like

Same issue here on ipad air 2.

Hi there friends,

I am sorry to hear about so many of our fans having issues logging in and staying logged in on Hearthstone. Most of you here seem to be on iOS devices and iPads.

I would ask if you could each post back with the following information:

• The device you are on.
  • The OS you are running.
  • If you have tried more than one internet connection.
  • If you have tried to reinstall the game.

We want to help out here and get y’all back in game.

/Nathardrick

I’ve already posted most of this above.

• I’m using an iPad Mini 4.
  • I’m running iOS 14.3.
  • I’ve only used my home wifi to connect.
  • I have not tried to reinstall the game.

I have tried logging in multiple times with my iPad each day since the Darkmoon patch. Most of the time the game just freezes on the loading screen. But a couple times it has let me in: 2 or 3 times on Thursday — probably twice directly after applying the patch (I believe I reloaded after purchasing the Darkmoon Races bundle to clear the achievements) and then once more later in the evening after experiencing the loading screen issue a number of times — then twice more in the days after — one time each on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. When the game has let my past the loading screen, it works like normal.

My desktop on the same wifi has connected and works just like normal, so I’ve been using it as a work around for the last few days, though I would greatly prefer to play on the iPad.

1 Like

Ios 14.3 (will try 14.4 soon)
IPad Mini 4rth generation
Only reinstall allows 1 good logon/connection
Regardless what internet connection

iOS 14.4 still has the same freeze issue

Basically iPads are “unplayable” atm and i think there are many players (incl me) that actually only use tablets to play HS. iPhone screen is too small, but touchscreen is more convenient than PC/mouse. I hope the issue can be fixed soon!

I’m using an iPad Air 2 running iOS 14.3. I’ve only tried using my home WiFi to connect. I reinstalled once. After reinstalling, I was able to get into the game one time but ever since I closed that session the app just stalls at the startup screen whenever I try to play.

Yes about 5 times and also reset passeird

1 Like

Same issue. iPadAir 2, iOS 14.3.

Same problem with any internet connection.

As others have posted, deleting Hearthstone and redownloading will fix the problem until the app is quit or backgrounded, then the next launch it will freeze. I have now redownloaded 8-10 times since the Darkmoon Races patch.

iPad Air 2
iOS 14.4
Several internet connection.
Have tried reinstalling.
Fun fact can goto settings general storage and find hearthstone and just off load the app for a slightly quicker reinstall. Also if you leave the win screen up from your last game and hit the top button it will often allow you to reconnect without having to reinstall.

Its a joke you asking this now 6 days after the patch. but i guess better late than never.

I’m also using an iPad Air 2 running iOS 14.3.
account works fine on pc and on an android phone.

what im currently doing is to switch user on every use. it helps to bypass this horrible bug.

1 Like

Even if those users complain louder the problem is not bound to iOS. On every launch Heartstone catch exception “ANR detected” but it is unable to send the report to developers because your server answers “404 Page not found”.

I have also had the Hearthstone app hang twice while connecting to a game (at the spinning dial screen, animation stops but background music continues, goes on forever). Eventually I force quit the app, then upon restarting, guess what, frozen at launch screen.

I only play on tablet. I guess I’ll be quitting Hearthstone if this isn’t fixed soon.

Hello - the symptoms occur when you first load up the game. The ‘flashing’ hearthstone symbol stops flashing and the game freezes.

This is on multiple OS, multiple devices, many users.

Re-installing the game will allow you to play, as long as you don’t exit or crash the game. The exception to this is logging out of the game. When you log out of your account, you will be prompted for password upon re-entering the game and you will be able to log in and play.

The issue only occurs when the game is attempting to automatically retrieve your information while the game is loading up, while the hearthstone symbol is flashing.

1 Like

iPadAir 2, iOS 14.3

I have been using this workaround, as I have gotten tired of re-downloading multiple times…

1 Like

That is helpful, but you get crashes as well which will trigger the issue again. It’s definitely better to try and log out though.

1 Like

I am using Iphone 6s, ios 14.3, i tried a lot of different connections and reinstalled the game 8 times

iPhone 6S, iOS 14.4, several connections and reinstalls tried.

How many reports do you actually need when it’s clear that the problem comes from patch 19.4? How can this happen, it’s not like we’re using devices from a brand no one has ever heard about.

1 Like