Introducing Catch-Up Packs!

so…you dont really need to “catch up”

they wont always add something for all players and these packs cant be bought it somethng they came up with to incresase the value of pre orders for new players

dont know if they did but they should add those catch up packs to the apprentice ranks rewards

1 Like

Okay. Bye.

If you don’t feel like you are getting sufficient value for your purchases, then walk. That’s how capitalism works.

I still think you’re being a spoiled brat about not getting a cookie, despite having cases of cookies.

Instead of standard packs. Genius.

1 Like

Maybe they should come up with something to “increase value” for CURRENT, and LONG TIME players. Oh wait, I forgot this dev team and company can’t walk and chew gum at the same time…unless it’s violating someone’s rights.

The game is already in a slump according to the last quarterly. Having more current players leave: the ones actually supporting the game (and have done so consistently) is a bad idea.

I don’t think you can attribute the slump in profits to the games performance, we are entering maybe the worst part of the recession. This is just like when we were in covid and people kept going on about how Hearthstone was doing great, it had increased players, but of course because nobody had anything better to do, they couldn’t go outside.

Also if Hearthstone is going through a negative time then I sincerely doubt that it comes down to just this one action of releasing catch-up packs, I’m sure this is only an unpopular decision for a very minority player base.

1 Like

That sounds like wrongthink! Everything is fine, anyone who says otherwise is an enemy of democracy!™

<.<

|>.>

Well, at least that’s what all the rich mega corp owned media tells everyone.

But more to the point here: meanwhile candy crush is well, crushing everything else in their portfolio. So it’s most definitely the games itself.

It’s not JUST about catch up packs: it’s continuing to make decisions that push current players away by showing they don’t value them.

It’s what’s called a “back door” problem =: if you manage to get someone in the front door of your establishment, and you don’t keep them from walking right on through and out the back door, there’s something wrong with your customer retention. The fact they are so focused on getting people they pushed out the back door only shows they don’t understand basic business principles. In fact, they are literally building a high speed conveyer belt to push more people out the back door instead of keeping people in their building (maintaining a satisfied customer base).

Is some customer loss part of doing business? Sure. But if you are making getting back people you drove away instead of figuring out and fixing what made them leave in the first place, you could give them a trillion golden packs, full class diamond decks, and they’ll still leave again because you didn’t fix what made them unhappy customers who left in the first place.

boba is trying to tell us …
current players are going to get angry about the cost for new players being decreased a bit by the a catch up packs pr being able to get the commons and rares they are missing from previous expansions and will stop playing … :rofl:

no idea why does he think current players being able to get packs from the 3 expansions that are about to rotate out without having to expend extra on is such a bad idea
i asked him several times and hes been unable to come up with something so far

best he could do is start ranting about codes

1 Like

I partially understand his perspective. Like there was one moment in my history of this game when the game had just nerfed SA and it hit like 5 of my decks that I had basically been crafting every card towards owning to diminish my dust collection value significantly and at that time one of the returner decks consisted of like 4 really meta legendaries and the deck was absolute top tier so it seemed bs, but now the starter/returner decks don’t seem to be as potent and you don’t feel like to have to expend a significant amount of dust just to be on par with these decks. Though at that time I basically realized that since I myself play so casually that it was better to just remain dormant for 4-6 months as in not to log on and collect one of these decks for myself, well in that regard the next batch weren’t as strong or potent and I felt like I couldn’t break more than a 40% winrate with that starter deck so I ended up crafting something better. Now I have just included that into my rotation style is that I purposely stop playing the game, play something different doing that duration and then I come back and try all the new cards I get from the starter deck and because they come in such a rush it feels good and new. I think I play more as a result of this, but in such confined periods of time, like over 3-4 weeks instead of playing once a week. I think lots have adapted to play like this.