Infinite Combos in Duels

So I just encountered a Shaman with the treasure that makes all her spells cost 1 less, party portal and unstable evolution. From playing a ton of Dungeon Run I know those sorts of infinite combos were nerfed so any repeatable or echo cards cost 1 after their first use.

The loss to this was unfortunate, (it was their only card left in hand and they rolled Altruis on one of their minions for infinite damage) but I was really just wondering if this is working as intended. Are infinite combos just going to be a thing in Duels?

him getting altruis out of 100 minions is pure luck…just an unlucky match for ya

that said evolution + mana addict could be scary XD turn 3 lethal lol(if not dealt with ofc)

1 Like

you cant just call it bad luck and start quoting stats that have nothing to do with him to minimize what he is saying.
i dont care how small the % of players using mechathun are overall. if i play it twice in a week i remember that, not “oh well, most players arent going through this.”
if they want me to spend money then i have to have a fun experience personally. telling me what hsreplay says means nothing to me, im not paying for everyones experience, im paying for mine. and when stuff like that can happen i know ill just be keeping my money.

Oh yeah, I don’t really care about the loss, it’s mainly the infinite combo thing. I like the gamemode a ton as a whole and I’ll probably spend most of my time in HS playing it. On a board of 7 minions he’s constantly evolving though, he had a pretty decent chance of getting Altruis I’d say, however. About 7 chances lol.

I also think I found the answer to my inquiry after I’d posted this. My guess is that cards with Echo have a (1) cost after the first if it’s reduced so that you can’t play them infinitely. Unstable Evolution just says it’s repeatable that turn, making it not an echo spell even if the mechanic seems similar, allowing it to always cost 0.

You’ve put into words what I’ve been thinking for years.

When it comes to solo content, the fact that an unreasonable, unenjoyable experience CAN happen is a turn off for me too.

If I’m purchasing solo content, I want it to be fun and I want to make sure I’m getting my money’s worth - if it’s not okay in pvp, it shouldn’t be okay in pve (within the Hearthstone universe of course.)

You can’t change the design of a card in pvp because it’s unfair to players and keep the original mechanic in pve.

2 Likes

XtheMystic …can tell your not taking a lost too well…the chance you have alt+f4 when an opponent crush ya are pretty good i’d say…i woud think of it as funny if i had lost the way he did…nothing to be salty about rly…its like the game i gotten both shudderwok and sathrovar from rng vs a rogue while playing my priest deck

also that doesn’t exactly minimize what he said…opposite of it …being able to pull it on turn 3 over a small chance trough rng is much worse

that might be the weakest attempt to insult someone ive ever seen lmao…
good for a laugh tho. and i have over 10k wins total so assuming i just rage quit games is silly.
but if you find things like that kind of game play funny then please hand blizz YOUR money and be happy. ill be keeping mine like i have since day 1.

not an attempt to insult…more like i’am facepalming

if your not ragequitting games the way your writting does hint toward that sort of behavior…handing money to activision ? rather not…they dont deserve it…but i do buy at least 1 bundle to be able to keep up with competing…use to fork 300$ per expact but ya no more…getting way too costy…and i’am not exactly happy with activision…poor decision making made me choose to quit WoW for shadowland and beyond(hardcore playing dont mean much when they chose to make they’re player work like slaves)…by hardcore i meant as a player that collect items and did high end raiding…bfa was nothing but misery…its either raiding or xmog//mount/toy/pet farm…and shadowland is just going to be much worse

401 mounts owned…enough toys for all the chievs…xmog is just horrendous for legion,bfa and shadowland…pet case i was a bit behind as its not a top priority

so ya plz spare me the thinking of viewing me as an activision supporter…i loathe activision…i’am waiting for heartstone nail in the coffin honestly…but in the mean time imma enjoy it untill they wreck it good like wow,wc3,D-Immortal,D2(ban for copy-pasting text for fast game join rooms)…that said pretty hard to mess up a card game…but i know they somehow will find a way to

“Boo hoo, stuff like that can happen… I don’t care how small the odds are”

You can also luck into that kind of roll, you know. You saying you want a game that is incapable of having a powerful or ‘OP’ turn? You want to just trade back and forth with 2/2 minions and a few soft removals? Sounds fun mate.
Seems like you’re just crying because you got unlucky’d on. Big boy and go ‘unlucky’ someone else, geeze.

1 Like

i can…and i do. a lot. and i hate it then too. no i dont want all 2/2 exchanges dont create your own strawman question and smarmily answer it, but for a healthy meta you need some stability. you cannot plan for your 30 card deck to against a rogue who could easily have twice that. and take yours and make them cost 1. or just mill you. and still compete with all the other decks and expect to have fun. and since those things are absolutely unfun to me i will keep my money which is what this is about. if you think its fun then please spend away! but dont speak down to me as if i owe them money or youre unrealistically expecting me to somehow not have any unfavorite parts which is unnatural and just weird. my favorite…everything, has parts i dislike. its normal. so is choosing where to spend your money.
im already an unwilling, unpaid play tester dont ask me for more.

This is just happened to me as well. Unstable Evolution with spells costing one less going infinite and insta winning the game on turn 5. I hope they fix it so it doesn’t reduce echo spells to 0, or else this will suck when encountered.

Infinites are never good for a game. No one enjoys just sitting there for the entire length of a turn as the opponent tries to spam a 0 cost card as much as they can and win the game.