In the client windows I have seen 50% off new HS expansion

Looked for that offer in the shop, but there is no 50% off… so it was fake then? … (50% off text disappeared since :smiley: ) Another Blizzard fail? … :\

50% sale was never about new expansion, and any blizz game never has the newest expansion (atleast not unreleased) discounted lol.

The sale was summer sale, applies to most stuff in shop thats been there for a while.

edit; literally just click the “sale” button to see what it applies to

1 Like

Yes, I know… but why do they put 50% text on the advertisment of the new expansion? click bait… thats why… but it is still a lie as it is. :smiley:

1 Like

If you cant provide an image of what it was there isnt much more than an empty claim here, could have been a webpage bug for all I know, seen a similar one on youtube where titles for videos and descriptions gets swapped around. Blizzard does a lot of stuff wrong, but this seems like a weird reach.

It doesn’t matter… there is not 50% off, the image was wrong, thats it… Wouldn’t even dream about an 50% off from Blizzard HS… Didn’t believe it for a second… just funny. :smiley:

EDIT: I have seen it again, here is the picture: 50% off on the latest expansion’s ad, misleading: h t t ps://ibb.co/ZNqgy2V (remove spaces from https ofc…)

The smallest number of packs you can make a cash payment for is 2 packs. 2 packs costs $3.75 cents where I live, Canada. That’s about $1.88 per pack.

You get 85 packs in the expansion. At a $1.88 per pack, that’s almost $160 worth of packs. But 5 of those packs are golden packs which cost a little bit more, so it’s really more than $160 value.

Then it comes with a hero portrait. Hero portraits go for $15 dollars in the store. And you get a random legendary, a diamond legendary, and a few other odds and ends.

Basically, to buy everything you get in the bundle a piece at a time would cost around $200 dollars. So the bundle, priced at $100 dollars, is half the cost of buying the parts piecemeal, which means the bundle is a 50 percent savings.

I still won’t pay for the bundle though. Even if this isn’t a case of them being scummy, there are many other extremely real reasons why Activision is a scummy company.

2 Likes

Their stategy now is to just slam out unbalanced expansion for $$$

It literally doesnt say its 50% off, in text, it says “save 50%”. As others point out its just that you get more value, aka you save buying that over buying its contents seperately.

1 Like

Consumer activism hurts the consumer more than the business tho lol. When the market is upwards of millions of customers, a few not buying from moral reasons is like a drop in the ocean for them. No message is being sent in unorganized consumer activism.

Organized activism however is likely to pack a punch and sends a clear message.

Not buying something you want, that you will save money on, because you think the company is evil, hurts you more than that company.

Companies doing bad stuff doesnt start or end with Acti-Blizz. Atleast Acti-Blizz had some cleanup done to fix some of the worst stuff. Easy to see Acti-Blizz’s Sins as they are blasted in media, but about any mega corp got evil stuff going on, its just not getting enough media attention.

I dont like appearing as if I am defending Acti-Blizz, but I feel I have to in this case as this is peak exceptionalism and ignoring the state of how businesses work just because media doesnt focus on corpo’s that make more daily type products