If you aren't planning on adding more reborn minions, why even give paladin the reborn quest

In fact the quest could have been summon X 1 health minions. That includes reborns. Maybe they also tested it and that’s why the weird Paladin minions this expansion?

More than likely that’s what happened, it explains why paladin got a third of it’s set unusable 1 health minions that still haven’t seen play.

ReBOARn
Reborn Charge
2 mana 1/1 beast

Reborn is also a dumb keyword because it defines being something it doesn’t have yet… that bothers me.
Reborn minions should start with 1 health and then come back with full health, but that also would be pretty dumb imo.

1 Like

Any plans to add more reborn minions?

I like the idea of a variety of payoff directions however I am concerned that since there is a limited pool of reborn activators for the quest, it will stifle creativity.

The reborn pool is essentially mandatory to consistently complete the quest.

As a result, there are a fixed number of deck slots that cannot change in order to keep quest paladin competitive.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Wow I didn’t see that. I was just reading the forums as I usually do and thought the thread was a good place for insight, even if we disagree.

1 Like

It’s a fair assumption to think all expansion keywords are that expansion only unless stated otherwise. Sometimes we have a mechanic that makes sense to keep around in Hearthstone long-term (Rush, Discover) but we let most keywords live in one set only so they rotate to Wild cleanly and make way for new keywords to learn.

2 Likes

Here’s your source

Geez, with responses like this I wonder why they don’t come around more often.

5 Likes

If the devs decided to show up to their official forums more often and actually communicate issues, a response like that wouldn’t be warranted. The fact a multi-billion dollar company can’t afford to properly talk to its community is just a joke, so of course people like myself are going to jump at their throats whenever we get a chance.

1 Like

I don’t play a ton of games, but it strikes me that the design teams of lots of games don’t talk directly to their communities at all, so maybe if they prefer to do it on Reddit where it is seen by more people, cut them some slack.

I will say, on topic, the OP made a good, tho salinated, point and they should think about a way to make this quest more useful broadly.

Reborn minions aren’t just the fuel for the quest, they also synergize really well with the reward so maybe think about expanding the pool of minions.

Other options would be giving minions in your hand reborn. Would fit with handbuff paladin archetype, and all the deck to field more diverse minions while still completing reasonably.

Or you could have a Toki like minions that “gain a key word from the past…”

Communicate doesn’t mean literal 1 to 1 conversations. I mean announcements of any form, or even just acknowledgment of an issue. Im sick and tired of the radio silence.

I understand the need to keep things fresh, and I appreciate the feedback to this thread. But I still think that paladin specifically needs a way to have more reborn options to play.

The class was pulled 8n multiple directions for Ross, and none of those directions really got much or any support in SoU.

I don’t think the class is in a terrible place or anything but it really seems to lack a coherent design philosophy, and it really shows when you look at the highest levels of play.

I am hopeful that the development team realizes this and acts accordingly for the next expansion or at least adds more reborn minions at some point during this expansion.

Including consistency, and a followup of statement/s made…

3 Likes

Its a two way street in that regard. Could Haunter have been a bit more courteous in his comments? Sure.

But, at the same time, the Devs (and Blizzard as a whole) have neglected these forums for far too long, even more so since they showed Jesse the door. For example, this doozy:

And what do they do a few months later??? Hold ANOTHER AMA on reddit while completely ignoring their OFFICIAL forums! And thats not the first time similar comments were made.

With all due respect Dean, you deserve the highly critical, passive aggressive comments, directed at you when you (infrequently) post here. Outside of this thread alone the last dev comment here was over 3 months ago. IIRC you mentioned on the old forums you wanted to “be more active here” (paraphrased), yet that has not been the case. You have a total of 12 posts on these forums in like 6 months, many of which were in the AMA session.

All I am saying @RinseWizard, is there is every reason for forum regulars to be irritated. If the devs as a whole were more active here, then they wouldnt get their metaphorical heads bitten off when they do post.

5 Likes

Someone had mentioned that it could be a company policy on how Dev can be restricted to what form of communication and the contents.

However, if we take a more broad view on Dev-Player communication (not necessary direct), do we see it done in a acceptable level?

If yes, then there is no need for further discussion.
If no, then if it is a problem with,

• is it a operational/system problem?
  • is a need of dedicated person required?
  • if there is a need but restricted by company policy - provide a feedback to higher management, perform a review
  • the dedicated person not doing a good job - do a review for improvement, or a replacement
  • any other options available to improve communications

While it may not be fair to the Dev whom choose to communicate here, but the Team need to review if they are doing a good job.

I agree with the frustration over Blizzard’s lack of communication. But I don’t want to blame a dev (I am one, so maybe biased?). That’s the job of team leads and the occasional BA. Which sucks, because in a poorly run organization (per Reaper’s comment) is gonna result in ignorant or PR-filtered responses.

why you was nerf Sylvanas Windrunner so hard

Bring back Sylvanas Windrunner to classic set please

Ha.

Haha ahaha.

Not really.

2 Likes

Hey, I did say could, not should :wink:

You could have been a bit more courteous, but should you have been all things considered??? Nope, not in my opinion anyway, and I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise.

1 Like

Honestly, this strikes me as a bizarre philosophy. Why introduce a keyword at all if you’re just going to discard it immediately? Enrage was removed because there were too few cards that actually used it, so why create a keyword for an even smaller subset of cards in your new expansion?

3 Likes