If you aren't planning on adding more reborn minions, why even give paladin the reborn quest

TLDR cause I don’t want to waste people’s time

Why did blizzard decide it was ok to make paladin’s quest centered around probably a expansion specific keyword, when every one else gets to have continuity with their quests. It’s this kind of thing that pisses me off to no end, and makes me pretty much 100% free to play this game, because I will never spend money on designers who think it’s funny to just leave some classes in the gutter for expansions and experiment with new themes when they are already trash.

5 Likes

Do we know for sure that reborn minions aren’t here to stay?

6 Likes

You can still have a quest control list that purely only plays 5 reborn minions and then abuses the hero power late game on some minion that is gg when copied.

Just because it’s an expansion specific mechanic doesn’t mean it can’t be used forever in wild.

1 Like

The main issue is, while other quests will have the opportunity to advance and evolve, the paladin quest is pretty much locked in forever as is.

It’s a really poor design unless they give paladin more reborn minions or at least allow redemption to count for quest completion to give the paladin quest some flexibility

1 Like

sorry but i have to ask

source ?

the devs have already stated they don’t like to add standalone cards, for newer players after a set. That’s why there was such an uproar over witch’s brew, which was basically echo.

Paladin quest good, love to smash warrior. Heh! Heh!

Well, it certainly seems like completing the quest will be essentially forever stuck relying on the current set of Reborn minions.

But that does not mean that the quest cannot or will not evolve. The reward is one of — if not the — most flexible of those released. So, that’s where you should look for development: in the possibilities for copying. Not in the minions used to complete it.

4 Likes

It isn’t though. Locked on how to complete the quest, sure. But the quest benefits from any minions with strong deathrattles or other interactive effects. In that sense, as long as the game keeps printing cards with strong passive/deathrattle effects, the Paladin quest can continue to evolve.

1 Like

so these people are pretending blizzard said they wont release any new reborn minions so they can create a fake outrage…

Nowhere was that claimed. Do you know what the words “if” and “probably” mean?

Not really outrage, it’s just a lame design built on a (most likely) 1 and done keyword.

Most other quests have very easy to fullfil requirements

Warlock - draw cards
Mage - cast spells
Druid - save 4 Mana
Hunter - summon minions
Priest - restore health
Rogue - steal 4 cards
Shaman - play battlecry minions
Warrior - attack with hero

None are even remotely as restrictive to deck building except potentially the warrior one.

The only issue is the extremely limited “reborn” pool. It will be perfectly fine if there are more reborn minions added to the pool

5 Likes

It is premature to be assuming its one and done though. Discover, Rush & Lifesteal have all been printed in more than the set they were initially released in. Will that happen with Reborn? We need to wait and see.

3 Likes

I’ve been absolutely roflstomped by a quest paladin who made it to late game. Deathrattle mech minions are insane.

Just like any other deck, quest paladin will be weak against certain other decks and play styles. Doesn’t mean the quest is bad.

It’s not premature to try to influence blizzards choices going forward.

Paladin players enjoy their quest and want more flexibility and adaptability going forwards and want assurances from blizzard before they are made irrelevant as early as December and that’s OK.

2 Likes

Then I would take a different approach than using the assumption it wont return as your main arguing point personally.

Ah yes, that design space that reborn provides is massive. I’m sure blizzard will keep it just like adapt or inspire.

2 Likes

You’re talking like every quest has always been influential (or should always be influential). The only influence the original hunter quest had was making lifecoach quit HS. The current warlock quest is pretty much garbage despite the “easy to activate” condition (in my opinion 20 cards it too high a requirement for it to be easy). Quest paladin already made enough of an impact that some people want to nerf it.

I think you’re missing the point. We just want more reborn minions so the deck doesn’t have to always contain the same minions chosen from like, 7 playable reborn minions available to paladin

2 Likes

When Blizzard’s creative energy on mechanics starts to slow down, they’ll definitely revisit old mechanics like reborn and bring them back regardless of their current stance.