I wonder who's behind the "Tickatus nerf threads"?

• Top 4 classes, in order, are Paladin, Hunter, Warrior and Warlock
  • Hunter and Warrior counter Warlock pretty hard
  • Paladin counters Hunter and is 50/50 against warrior
  • Paladin is countered by Warlock
  • You see almost no threads asking for Hunter or Warrior nerfs, even tough they’re higher tier decks than warlock
  • Paladin is the most played class

Who could it be?

4 Likes

Well, when you look at data to tell you which class is the most powerful, it only follows logically that anything capable of beating you with any sense of regularity must be super duper extra OP right???

8 Likes

This month is the first time I ever tried to field four classes and also the first time I hit Legend (upon which I promptly dumped my main class to try random things).

My enthusiasm for Standard dried up immediately. There’s just no fun (to me: grindy and inventive) games in Standard unless you want to play a Warlock mirror, and even then the first Tickatus can win.

I’ve avoided Tickatus/Jaraxxus nerf threads for a while because everything has been said, but if you care about the question in the OP and not just promulgating your demerits you’d do well to take people seriously when they say it’s not about the win rates of existing decks.

Mine isn’t. I eat warlocks.

PRIEST in many forms you find in the silver ranks is countered by current control warlock, and that’s who is making the majority of the threads crying about can’t play control this sucks I want to play all teh carz in teh dexeses waaaah.

1 Like

I have this running theory that it’s the same priest player on multiple accounts

1 Like

Not sure why “people who lose to Tickatus” isn’t a good enough answer.

2 Likes

people who don’t like tickatus

/thread

1 Like

Priests that are jealous that Warlocks are the new annoyance in town.

3 Likes

It’s priest, probably. People don’t complain about priest as much because Tickatus ate priest. When priest figures out a fast deck or one that wants to lose cards, then it could be a problem again, unless you like priest. Either that or give it about a year until Tickatus rotates out.

THere was a salty priest list that eats warlocks in another thread here just yesterday.

I think I remember something about an auctioneer and other cards. I tried to fight the meta as priest earlier this month, and the meta won. Now I’m trying to see how far I can get with Cariel Roame and a few of her friends.

Probably Clown Priest.

It’s disgusting against Warlock.

You can put down up to 12 boards of Clowns depending on RNG from Raise Dead.

1 Like

No one thinks its OP. We think its unfun and prevents any creative control decks from ever existing. And in a meta where you either face control warlock, tempo paladin, or aggro, it makes for a very unfun experience for anyone who doesn’t just want to win.

2 Likes

most I’ve done is 4 boards lol because after 4, it’s usually game over. Although, theoretically, the more that die the better chances of raise dead hitting so you could hit it 12.

Warlock tears are the best once they realize they’ve lost.

1 Like

The most I have put down is 3.

Raise Dead gave me a Second Alex. Playing multiple Clowns with multiple Alexs is pretty good! Who knew?

1 Like

Can’t complain about a second alex! I don’t run her personally (can get her off discover) but if you can get that raise dead to hit that Yshaarj once, it feels like Christmas.

1 Like

Most of us that play the game play tons of decks.

I doubt there are very many only warlock players. People gravitate to whatever decks are currently OP.

You’d be surprised. A lot of people dust their entire collection just to run 1-2 decks every expansion. We have a couple of high post forum goers that do this.

It’s a terrible way to play the game imo, but it’s what they do.

3 Likes

It came off Discovery.

Turns out that the Dragon pool is pretty stacked right now.

1 Like

I could craft Tickatus anytime. I just refuse to. I don’t like the card, it’s boring.

1 Like