I wonder who's behind the "Tickatus nerf threads"?

Ah, yes you are right it is great. I used to run A skel dragon but after wand maker giving you a good chance to hit studies, you can just pick it up that way. Despite not running a dragon, my N’zoth almost always rezzes a dragon. The only feel bad dragon in the pool right now is Brightwing and Malygos (maly always ends up being an overdraw for me), but you are right. The pool is very good.

1 Like

It was made intentionally to be mean to a specific type of greedy deck. Your feedback reads “working as intended.”

This is false. You should find the menagerie priest variant that has been floated on these forums. It’s super good at super creative.

If your definition of fun and creative is something that stalls to fatigue without a proactive win condition, then your definition of fun isn’t shared by most players. If that’s all you want, start a group and play amongst yourselves maybe? There are a few other people here that would join your club, for sure.

I think that tickatus really spot lights how one dimensional and honestly bad many lower level control players are. Tickatus does worse the higher you get up the ladder for a reason, and it isn’t because the card changes.

Secret Ticka haters group like Murlocs and unleash waves of complaints.

Ticka must not be nerfed because the numbers say so. Data doesn’t lie so Ticka is off the table. HS doesn’t bend to peer pressure.

:fried_shrimp: :fried_shrimp: :fries:

1 Like

I used to be against a nerf to Ticky because I felt it wasn’t necessary. Given my experiences playing Priest and the latest meta reports I’m now convinced it would be actively terrible for the meta. It’s Priests only bad matchup, I’m pretty sure Priest would be Tier S without it. People would probably all switch to Poison Rogue to counter it and then you’d get idiots complaining about ‘braindead face decks’ spamming the forums instead. It would just be a mess. Don’t do it blizz.

Murlocs are not all haters. I will admit that we’re out to get that person in the Nofin Can Stop Us art. If you do not see that person’s corpse in the artwork of some card in the next expansion, it’s because nobody was able to recover it.

Not entirely true, my Priest deck smashes Warlock pretty hard and I do extremely well vs the rest of the meta but it’s not Tier S.

If Priest ever became THE #1 deck, there are some Demon Hunter and Rogue decks that can OTK them regardless if they sit at 30 health.

I’m talking specifically about Control Priest though, and I’m only going off the analysis. My experiences with the deck back what they say, it’s matchup spread is nutty, and it’s only the inexplicable popularity of Warlock that’s holding them back.

Priest is susceptible to combos, but we all know what their answer to that is.

I wonder who’s being this thread…
A control warlock player.
Why am I not surprised.
And a bad one at that, can’t break gold?!?

Pathetic

2 Likes

Ah yes, it was made it to be mean to what have historically been the worst type of decks? That makes sense. And again, if that was actually the intention of the card, than its toxic and discourages any greedy deck. And then you hit me with, “look, there is one niche menagerie Priest deck! And it only works because Priest and Warlock are the only classes that can play greedy and stay alive long enough to get to the late game with their infiinte healing and discovering!” That’s such a non-argument, there are countless decks I’ve tried that lose to aggro, which is ok, but then I match against a Warlock and think “Finally, I can play a game that goes long enough to try my meme strat!” and then ticketus deletes it and I just want to uninstall. And for the last time, no one complaining about ticketus thinks the card is broken. Stop saying “it does bad in higher ladders” obviously when curve paladin and face hunter are domanting, ticketus is going to suck. That should help the argument, because its not meta, but than heavily punishes other non-meta decks. So basically, ticketus is the only off-meta deck you’re allowed to run? Okay buddy.

Actually, yes. Dean said as much in a Q&A. “Mean” wasn’t my choice of words, it was his.

I think it’s amazing. I wish they would print more cards like it and destroy all greedy decks.

But see, that’s an opinion, not a fact. So we can disagree and both of us are right. I like it, you don’t, but now there is something for everyone.

Ha, tilted by a card? Maybe you should find different games that don’t make you angry.

But control priest isn’t doing bad in high ladder, which sort of makes your position weak.

This is purely not true.

Look, I am sorry tickatus beats your janky homebrew slop deck that you want to meme. The problem isn’t tickatus, it’s that your deck sucks.

I didn’t say the latter part. I said the menagerie deck was good enough to play on the ladder. You clearly haven’t seen it or tried it.

I’m sorry tickatus ruined your day, but if it wasn’t tickatus I bet it would have been something else.

Cheers.

1 Like

For me, this is an important observation that’s very often overlooked. And perhaps this is the result of a lack of introspection. Most of the time the reason for losing a match can be traced to a key moment. You drew badly, you made a misplay, your opponent drew well. However, we easily forget to look at ourselves and what we can change about either how we play or what we play and to instead point at and blame a more obvious card or play, like Tickatus. Tickatus probably wasn’t the real or only reason you lost, however.

I’ve played control warlock extensively and it is rarely Tickatus that actually and solely closed the deal. I will not lie and say I haven’t thrown opponents into fatigue with multiple Tickatus, but it’s atypical. The more usual match layout is removal upon removal, a soul shard minion here and there, lots of drawing, and come turn 7 or 8 is when control warlock starts popping off with cards like Soulciologist Malicia followed by the likes of Jaraxxus. It is impossible to deny the strength in a 6-cost minion that’s 8/8 and can be subsequently replayed for free after Y’sharrj, all while milling. But we need to see the trees here that comprise the warlock forest and Tickatus is but one tree. And I partly worry that should Tickatus burn, the forest may with it. While not the only pillar propping up warlock right now, it’s one of them and so is important to the class.

1 Like

I currently at Diamond, you nimrod.
Classic Paladin players, SMH.

See but there isn’t something for everyone. There’s aggro, paladin, or warlock (And apparently one priest deck which I’m not going to play because I don’t like priest). And because one card is ruining the game I should just quit the game as a whole? And I didn’t say anything about menagerie priest’s viability, I said ticketus being bad at high ladder doesn’t justify its existence. I don’t know wtf you’re talking about saying my argument is weak because one priest deck is good? Ticketus doesn’t just beat my “janky home brew deck” it deletes it based on RNG. You know, I’m trying to make corrupt and n’zoth decks work. And then ticketus deletes my n’zoth or y’sharjj and hence my win condition. The decks may be bad, but you don’t even get a chance to try to make them work because a 6 mana 8/8 deletes it from your deck. I don’t mind losing, if an aggro deck beats me, I don’t mind that much. It’s when my cards are literally removed from deck with zero counterplay besides “play a tier one deck”. And finally, please, if I’m just that bad at deck building show me, all these other viable greed decks besides that one priest deck that can hang in the meta? You could say clown Druid I guess, but that’s such a high roll it’s not even fun to play, not to mention expensive as hell to craft.

No, it pulls out five cards. If your plan was to literally play all of your cards then your plan was bad and tickatus wins. If you only had one win condition and it gets burned, your plan was bad.

It’s literally not ruining the game for anyone who plays something better than slow greed no win condition homebrew jank.

Except the stats don’t back that up. You also missed rush warrior.

Go find your own answers. I have great ones. And you for sure are bad at deck building if you are crying about tickatus.

Lots of control decks are good, including priest control, at higher ladder levels.

Tickatus eats silver players. Tickatus tilts gold players who believe they are as good as legend players but just don’t play as much. Tickatus is NEVER played if you are playing a good deck because the warlock dies before tickatus is a good play. Not to say that the warlock is killed before turn they can play tickatus, but to say the warlock knows it has to prevent damage and playing tickatus would lose too much tempo. Tickatus is a stupid slow play that only works with the warlock already ahead in the match. Basically by the time you get hit in the face with ticky, you had already lost and no one told you.

Regardless of winrate, Tickatus is by far the most feel bad card Hearthstone has ever made. It’s also hardly a tradeoff, not difficult to corrupt a 6 cost 8/8 that literally no one will ever play uncorrupted.

1 Like