I told ya'll the Paladin cards would be garbage

Good.

Not good.

Close but not quite

That Quest just desperately wants another AoE damage clear. Shrink Ray is decent as is Aldor Peacekeeper for certain decks BUT what Paladin really needs with how I see the Quest working is 1 more good AoE clear… maybe at the 6-mana slot.

Right now, if I had to guess, Paladin will be my main class in Standard with the next set. I just need to see more Reborn minions that I like and it’ll be my class I am playing alongside Shaman in Standard.

Edit: Reborn, not Rush

1 Like

Quite but not Wardrum-levels of whatever kind of coffee he forces down his gullet to come up with ways to crush my dreams of Reno Paladin being the ultimate Meta Tyrant.

OP can’t read then makes a pointless thread. I don’t know if this card will see play (or murloc paladin for that matter) but this card is far from bad in a vacuum.

This is pretty similar to that druid spell and will most of the time produce a strong board but only once.

That is what she said…on both accounts.

1 Like

Paladin just needs 1 more type of card similar to the enter the Coliseum card and it will be a rockstar again.

5-7 mana that mixes up the battlefield. I’d like to see a random minion swap type of card.

Problem with wild is that classes with heavy loses on their basic/classic set are gonna be worse than ever or at least have a lower number of archetypes:

• Druid loses wild growth and nourish = he gets 2 archetypes that kinda work in wild and has every wild card nerfed in αn indirect way
  • Rogue loses preparation = every rogue spell is getting nerfed
  • Paladin losing equality = every controll paladin archetype is getting nerfed

And to be fair im not even sure if this dmg can be fixed somehow-i mean look at the wild warrior or maybe dont cause theres nowhere to be found after the FWA nerf (just pirate warrior but only in a few numbers). Seriusly wild has 2 years without warrior archetypes. ITS F***** INSANE that they allowed this to happen.

Which is why i always suggested that a rotating core set was needed more rather than an evergreen set that get continuesly nerfed.

Still to our subject i dont find this card to be bad…

Ya’ll keep bringing up wild like it’s relevant or something.

Standard is what matters and Paladin sucks in standard.

Even if all 4 of the remaining cards are S-tier they would all have to be going in the same direction in order to salvage what we’ve seen thus far and MAYBE make Paladin ‘ok’ enough to make a tier 3-2 deck.

Anyway, even Mech paladin will be terrible due to the fact that some of the new cards completely counter it and it can’t afford to lose board.

It’s not even high tier 2. It’s low tier 2 and that’s only because it does good versus Warrior.

Paladin is garbage and there’s very little chance they can redeem it with the remaining 4 card reveals…and you also have to factor in the other classes will also likely round out with more amazing cards that they don’t even need.

Equality nerf and Hof Divine Favor ruined Paladin and they received 0 compensation. Devs have no clue what they’re doing with the class so now they’re just making it meme status.

‘Tip the Scales’ is just a troll card at this point and they don’t care because they think the name’s witty or something.

2 Likes

I’m just sick of how ADD they seem to be with their class tools.

PLAY MECH PALADIN!!

PLAY HEALADIN!!

PLAY DRAGON PALADIN!! MAYBE WITH SECRETS.

NO NO!! NOO!!! PLAY MURLOC PALADIN!!

Effing pick something and give it support for more than a single blasted expansion.

7 Likes

I’m going to wait and see on the rest of the cards, but so far A LOT of the cards they released for this expansion feels like Wild was taken into account. So from my perspective it feels like you might not consider it relevant but from what I am seeing in many cards being shown that Wild was taken into account and is relevant in, the very least, this expansion.

Yeah, Equality nerf is a major issue for how I’ve always liked playing Paladin. The class desperately needs a strong AoE right now that REMOVES the board. Shrink Ray is a good card only if it isn’t there as a combo-reliant board clear or second best “board impact” spell.

Yep, Paladin looks to be where Shaman was 2 years ago. Being pulled in 1 or 2 DIFFERENT directions every expansion.

3 Likes

We got that trio of 1hp minions for that new low hp synergy deck

Precisely.

I’m fine with classes getting dual archetype support in each expansion, but at least let them flow together and utilize resources from previous expansions more effectively. Comparing Paladin to the crap the put Shaman through in Mammoth is perfectly accurate.

1 Like